Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406064 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I still want more Alucard after Revelations myself. 

Do we have any idea yet just how badly, or not so badly the game sold? 

I think it sold less than LOS1, but more than the older Castlevania titles. Not sure by how much, but I think that's pretty accurate.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think past Belmont DLC would be really cool because I recall IGA saying in an interview (I believe it was about the timeline) that Dracula wasn't the only supernatural threat that the Belmonts dealt with. It would be neat to see Lords of Shadow take on Belmont adventures. Did they face Shaft in this universe? Perhaps some form of Chaos or Galamoth?
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Regarding sales; If they brag about it, good sales, if they don't, bad sales.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Or at least brag about how many they shipped to stores, if not actually say how many were actually sold.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Regarding sales; If they brag about it, good sales, if they don't, bad sales.
Well they seem to really pile on the talk of Revelations, so i assume that at least did well.

Or at least brag about how many they shipped to stores, if not actually say how many were actually sold.

Well, units shipped tends to correlate with units sold. a store won't ask for more shipments if they still have too much unused stock. So if they brag about shipment numbers, then it means that there was a demand for the game.

I do wonder the exact numbers in comparison with LoS1 though.

Both in initial preorders by stores, and in sales. I imagine that more stores ordered LoS2 than LoS1, but LoS1 sold better than LoS2 anyway
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
A Victor DLC where he didn't die and fights inner Dracula and after its demise, also Gabriel dies, and somehow Alucard too. Closure. Hope for something epic. But I doubt it.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
One thing that I really found lacking in Victor was the drive to kill Dracula. Like how Julius was crazy to kill Dracula, saying it was it destiny and that nothing Soma would say would stop him. I really wanted that in Victor, where he would pop up every now and then and do everything he could to slay Dracula.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Victor was actually pretty clever. He went to the church to see if he was back, theb after seeing him, knowing that no Belmont had fought and won to the dragon made him chase him to a place where he had an edge. He failed, but he made the most he could, trying to kill this Dracula in a random place would be a suicide.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well they seem to really pile on the talk of Revelations, so i assume that at least did well.

Well, units shipped tends to correlate with units sold. a store won't ask for more shipments if they still have too much unused stock. So if they brag about shipment numbers, then it means that there was a demand for the game.

I do wonder the exact numbers in comparison with LoS1 though.

Both in initial preorders by stores, and in sales. I imagine that more stores ordered LoS2 than LoS1, but LoS1 sold better than LoS2 anyway

Some companies buy the copies back if they don't sell, by contract. Dunno if this is the case with Konami... LoS1, for example, DIDN'T sold 1M copies, but shipped these, as the numbers revealed by NPD and Eurocharts at the time isn't even next to 1M.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Some companies buy the copies back if they don't sell, by contract. Dunno if this is the case with Konami... LoS1, for example, DIDN'T sold 1M copies, but shipped these, as the numbers revealed by NPD and Eurocharts at the time isn't even next to 1M.

At the time that they said that 1 million were shipped, no, it didn't have all those 1 million sold immediately, but I would strongly venture that they did, otherwise Konami and MercurySteam wouldn't be bragging about the highest selling Castlevania ever.

I highly doubt they were buying copies back.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
At the time that they said that 1 million were shipped, no, it didn't have all those 1 million sold immediately, but I would strongly venture that they did, otherwise Konami and MercurySteam wouldn't be bragging about the highest selling Castlevania ever.

I highly doubt they were buying copies back.
Companies lies.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Better check your tinfoil hat, there. I think you wrapped it a bit too tight

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Hush.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If we do get more DLC (might be so, just not from MercurySteam) that could be a sign that they either want to continue this series or they want more games in this formula.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If we do get more DLC (might be so, just not from MercurySteam) that could be a sign that they either want to continue this series or they want more games in this formula.

There are people in the company who still want to see the franchise thrive. The question remains, like how we look at the Lords games, will it be close to its roots?