Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406288 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I'm always reminded of Final Fantasy II's Pandemonium architecture when I think of something like that. It had these very cool crystalline structures on the inside. Plus, imagine the irony. Instead of a Belmont climbing to the throne room to fight Dracula, Dracula has to climb to Satan's throne room to fight him.

Plus, Pandemonium music is too dope.
Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition - Castle Pandaemonium [Extended]
It's like my little treatment of how I think LoS2 SHOULD'VE been. Also, there's the parallels between Pandemonium and Castlevania. What better way to end the LoS series than to venture into Satan's version of "Castlevania"? IMO, it makes perfect sense and SHOULD'VE been the way this series ended.

^this, i rather have a satan like in the devil´s advocate, constantine or SMT, even Dante´s Inferno Satan was better
Sly but intimidating all the same. I love Lucifer in The Prophecy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPoyezWAghE

Though it's not as in good quality, I found this scene considerably creepy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhT9KtQb0ac

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Also, whenever I thought of Gabriel receiving his eternal rest, I thought he would awake in Heaven and find himself looking at something very similar to this.

He would find the members of his family, waiting there to bring him in to eternal rest, to be with all of his family again.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
So, when Dracul finds his castle under the occupation of the victorious brotherhood, at that time, the commander was a Belmont, right?

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So, when Dracul finds his castle under the occupation of the victorious brotherhood, at that time, the commander was a Belmont, right?

Apparently so, but it makes little sense considering that his castle is in, what we assume is, another dimension. Why would the brotherhood be there?
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Apparently so, but it makes little sense considering that his castle is in, what we assume is, another dimension. Why would the brotherhood be there?
Theory time:

Since the Castle exists outside of time and space as a physical manifestation of Dracula's power, and given the presence of Clerics who can enter through portals and summon knights- Im gonna say, that the knights you face are all summoned there by Clerics. But given that the Casyle is outside of time and space, they are unknowingly summoned to it not in the material world, but that pocket dimension. So Modern Dracula, in his castle, which is a pocket dimension that is also technically in the modern time, is getting Brotherhood warriors from centuries before.

to simplify: Dracula is in present day, but the brotherhood warriors, in their respective timeframes, are unknowingly being sent via portal from the past, to that time displaced Castle. Dracula is literally fighting people that not two seconds before they were summoned, were still fighting Dracula's armies back in ancient Wygol.

Does that make sense? Because I think its neat.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Does that make sense? Because I think its neat.
OK this sounds amazing

Everything comes full circle

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It doesn't explain why the Brotherhood knights are being sent in the first place. The clerics already have their own castle in their own timeline to deal with; they'd have no reason to seek out a 'pocket dimension' to fight in.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:38:31 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder whatever happened to Gabriel's feelings for Laura. The first trailer had both Marie and Laura's tombs in the castle.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
It doesn't explain why the Brotherhood knights are being sent in the first place. The clerics already have their own castle in their own timeline to deal with; they'd have no reason to seek out a 'pocket dimension' to fight in.
Because they don't know.

There are knights who enter the old fashioned way, and knights sent there from portals by clerics.

Some I imagine would end up in the castle, in their proper time in ancient times, but others, unknowingly get catapulted years into the future to Dracula's pocket dimension castle, because Time has no meaning for it and fucks with their spells. They don't know, because the surroundings are the same anyway, right down to the snowy mountains, and they all die at Dracula's hand anyway, or to the Castle's. It's not like they are going to return before winning.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I wonder whatever happened to Gabriel's feelings for Laura. The first trailer had both Marie and Laura's tombs in the castle.

They're hanging out with Rinaldo, never to be seen again.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
They're hanging out with Rinaldo, never to be seen again.
Eh that's their prequel hook.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I really do not want a prequel with the founders for a couple of reasons.

1. Some things are better left a mystery. I enjoy the secrecy behind Rinaldo and the Bernhard family. It makes it more interesting than if it was laid out plain in a prequel. Although, I would like to learn more about the Cronqvist family in this universe, but only just enough.  ;)

2. I don't know if I could really enjoy a prequel because in the back of my mind, I'll always remember that Lords of Shadow 2 is the ending to it all, and I could imagine that taking the fun away from it. I still wish something could be done to "fix" Lords of Shadow 2 before we ever got the Brotherhood story.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:49:16 AM by Anglachel »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Ayami Kojima Gabriel.

y/n?

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Rhafiel from deviantart drew something like that, and it looks really good. Gabriel looks very similar to Juste Belmont.

http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-370268847?hf=1
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:21:41 AM by Anglachel »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Hey thats pretty cool! I like how he retained that gold trim pauldron shoulders while making the outfit more clothes and less armor