Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406427 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
After beating the first Acolyte, Dracula whips out his smartphone.

@DaddyLucifer lol I just beat your bitch. :P Gonna go get ma kaos pwer back to pwn you! @LordBusinessman Coffee at your place? :D #Idon'tdrinkwine #zobek
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
You know, a great idea for the LOS universe, regardless of whoever does the next Castlevania, a Simon Quest ''remake''. Simon would have to recolect Dracul's remains and finally summoning Inner Dracula and a massive battle would take place in the castle. A game similar to SotN or Harmony, with story differences obviously. That way Simon would find out he is the grandson of Gabriel/Dracula and carry forward the Belmont legacy, so the Belmonts would know that the real evil is Inner Dracula and Gabriel not so much thus understanding Victor actions in the future. Alucard would help Simon, upgrades to the combat cross, Simon could find Gabriel's relics and pass them forward, something like that.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That reminds me of an idea I had. What if there are Dracula's relics in the Lords of shadow universe, but they are the relics he acquired against the Lords of Shadow? The Shadow Gauntlet, the Seraph Shoulders, the Cyclone Boots, and the Light and Shadow medallions. Perhaps Gabriel did not get rid of these right away after gaining the Forgotten One's power, but as he wore them, his influence, his power, and his memories all drained into them, and the Belmonts find themselves against a "shadow" Dracula, similar in power but not the real thing.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
But LoS2 already established that the brotherhood recovered the relics from his castle, having rejected their holy power after becoming Dracul.

However, different Dracula relics would be interesting.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Lol, this is random, but wouldn't the epilogue of Lords of Shadow 1 be fitting for an AllState "Mayhem" commercial?

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
My sides are in orbit. That was hilarious.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So THAT's what happened to Gabe and Al after the game. Can't say that I'm disappointed.  :D

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Should had been the after credits scene, a la Bayonetta. Game of the forever right there.

Everything comes full circle

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
This game is awful. I actually am debating whether or not to finish it. How could they take a concept as free and easy as the PLAYER getting to play AS Dracula and fuck it up? Ugh.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
This game is awful. I actually am debating whether or not to finish it. How could they take a concept as free and easy as the PLAYER getting to play AS Dracula and fuck it up? Ugh.

I agree. The best part of the game, to me, is the prologue. It almost feels like that part of the game was developed first and then Alvarez stepped in to create a mess. I compare it to the opening scene of Revenge of the Sith. Prologue has:

- The beautiful, majestic throne room (perhaps the best looking throne room)
- 16th century setting
- Dracula showing off his powers of malevolence
- Feasting on the knights' blood
- "What is a man?" (Not the most appropriate time to say it, but it's delivered well, IMO)
- Magnificent castle backdrop. Looks just like it should.
- Paladin of God - Sniper of Goth anyone?
- Siege Titan was a better Titan experience than anything in the first game.
- Magical/religious elements (Paladin's prayer)
- Dracula's curse on God (I am His chosen one)
- Alucard shows up with a plan.

I'm sure that with video games, especially big ones, there's always going to be someone on the inside that just has to do it their way because it's "their way." They can't picture the game being successful unless what they want is in it, is in it. When you have DRACULA as the MAIN CHARACTER in the MODERN WORLD going up against SATAN, which is a fairly unique concept, people are going to jump all over that, because that sounds pretty frickin cool, right? So of course, Alvarez just had to be the director and had to insert his vision because...hey, what else could possibly work, right?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
- "What is a man?" (Not the most appropriate time to say it, but it's delivered well, IMO)

Why?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

i wouldnt go so far to say it's AWFUL, there are certainly worse games out there than los2. but it does have its redeeming qualities, such as the castle which was simply breathtaking the first time i experienced it, the little nuances such as Dracula slitting his wrist on those sharp stone objects to offer blood, him eating beating hearts for energy, the way his gauntlet glows, etc. if you ignore the wack ending & other annoyances and just look at it for these aspects i listed for a second, they prevent the game from being downright awful because those things they did right were so awesome and perfect for a 3D Castlevania. also, the Alucard DLC. but to each his own of course