Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: To the people who want to see AVPR  (Read 5037 times)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »
Go see it! :D They finally did it right woohoo!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
In Reply To #1

Hell yes! I wanna go see it tonight one of my friends mentioned goin yesterday so hopefully well go see it when they get done with their xmas this and that.

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:08:35 PM »
In Reply To #2

I'd rather see Blade Runner in the theater before it leaves.

Online PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:34:55 AM »
Hmm, my buddy called me tonight to say it was the worst movie he's ever seen.  No joke.  He went so far as to say it makes the first AvP look like Alien.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:22:31 PM »
Wow are you serious? The movie was like Predator + Aliens combined. They captured the atmosphere, gore and themes just right.

Weird how it said it was bad. AVP was just horrible, but AVPR just makes up for it by doing what they did right (since I've been a fan for yearsssssssssss of the two movies.) Hell I even used to play the games, collect the toys and the comic books. Weird shit.

Online PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »
It's also getting horrid reviews.  It's an impressively low 14% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is a site that compiles published reviews (much like gamerankings.com for games).

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »
I guess theres just no place in the world anymore for mindless action films with little to no plot and nothin but wall to wall death and carnage which is exactly what this movie is.

I took it at face value and I enjoyed it. Its not the greatest movie but its damn sure not the worst.

Online PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
Just got back from it.  It wasn't nearly as horrible as I was expecting.  I have a few beefs with it, but nothing huge.  First impressions leave it marginally better than the first AvP, but that's still not saying too much.  At least this one had some decent action moments and a few moments of that classic Aliens feeling.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: To the people who want to see AVPR
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 05:35:04 AM »
In Reply To #3

Hell yes. GET IN THE SPINNER.

Why aren't you helping, Leon?!

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 07:06:24 AM »
What does the "R" stand for?
------------
Return to CastleVania

Online PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
Requiem.  Dunno why, as it has nothing to do with the story, but that's what it stands for.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »
Well... I love the Alien and Predator creatures.  But can't watch any Alien movie besides Aliens without falling asleep. As a fan of the creatures and comics I LOVED this movie.  It's an action movie, why would you expect any more than crazy alien action?
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »
In Reply To #12
I don't think anyone expected it to be like the first Alien, but nevertheless the original wasn't at all about the action.

Offline jgy666

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 02:05:54 PM »
I went to see it soley on the fact that it was rated R and had the Predalien in it. It was 50/50 for me: it had some good, it had some bad, all in all it was Ok. I was pretty turned off by the first AVP being rated PG-13, I mean what the hell is that? I mean look, you've got 4 Alien films and 2 Predator films, all R rated. You figure combining the two would be like NC-17 pushing an X, but no they decided to totally sell-out on that one and make it PG-13 so that all the middle schoolers can go see it and (theoretically) make more money at the box office. No offense to any middle schoolers by the way  ;D I was in 8th grade myself when I saw Alien Resurrection in theatres.

Tags: