Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 457207 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #495 on: April 01, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
Interesting read Plot  ;)  Although it's kinda far-fetched that Bartly could instigated the entire war herself. Not blaming you of course since it was proposed by others. However what I found that kick-started WWI was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. They were killed by (and this is very cult-sounding) an organization called The Black Hand. Perhaps Bartly knew how to easily ignite the war by striking at the right people, and secretly used the organization to kill for such a gain. I'm sure Bartly would also take this route so that she could avoid taking the heat.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #496 on: April 01, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Interesting read Plot  ;)  Although it's kinda far-fetched that Bartly could instigated the entire war herself. Not blaming you of course since it was proposed by others. However what I found that kick-started WWI was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife. They were killed by (and this is very cult-sounding) an organization called The Black Hand. Perhaps Bartly knew how to easily ignite the war by striking at the right people, and secretly used the organization to kill for such a gain. I'm sure Bartly would also take this route so that she could avoid taking the heat.

In fact, it wasn't me who invented this part :(

This is stated in Bloodlines manual, that the death of the "Crown Prince of Austria" is the doing of Elizabeth Bartley, which caused the war. However, the Crown Prince of Austria at the time was NOT Franz Ferdinand, but his cousin Rudolf, who comitted suicide in 1889.

The game doesn't give him a name, so we're left to wonder if the developers intended Elizabeth's victim to be Franz Ferdinand. But it is indeed stated that the death of the Crown Prince of Austria starts the WWI by Elizabeth's hand.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2016, 09:59:57 AM »
In fact, it wasn't me who invented this part :(

I know. That's why I mentioned it in the above. Ah well  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2016, 10:09:24 AM »
I did intend, however, to have Angolmois instigate the WWII.

However I found this farfetched, ultimatelly. This is because we know too much about these events, and I could find no spot where an "unknown agent" could have believably done something.

I mean, the only place where I could find a space to fit a fictional element was the Reichstag fire, which is believed to have been caused by a man named Van der Lubbe. However, some believe that he couldn't have done that by himself, and even that the Nazis themselves did it and blamed Van der Lubbe. So there's enough "shadow" for an unknown party to have used Van der Lubbe to achieve a higher goal.

Yet, this is farfetched because this fire alone is not enough to start the WWII. It was enough to strengthen Hitler on the germanic parliament (which led to the war down the line), but not enough for the war itself.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:12:44 AM by theplottwist »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #499 on: April 01, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »
Yeah, there was quite a bit that lead to both the outbreaks of WWI and WWII. I guess the trick is to find that one element that feels right and go with it.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #500 on: April 01, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »
If it helps anything out, the Black Hand's main goal was to unite Slavic-majority territories that weren't already under the rule of Serbia/Montenegro. Not sure if there's any way to tie that in somehow.

Though it also warrants mentioning that Black Hand itself didn't carry out the assassination of Ferdinand and his wife; a group of student revolutionaries who went by the moniker of "Young Bosnia" were the ones who actually made the assassinations. They did have ties to Black Hand, who got and still gets the credit for the assassination because one of the big dogs claimed he'd organized it (and used his power to influence the statement) at a kangaroo trial.

Either way though, both groups were aiming towards Slavic unification of some kind.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:10:12 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2016, 05:27:43 PM »
If it helps anything out, the Black Hand's main goal was to unite Slavic-majority territories that weren't already under the rule of Serbia/Montenegro. Not sure if there's any way to tie that in somehow.

Though it also warrants mentioning that Black Hand itself didn't carryout the assassination of Ferdinand and his wife; a group of student revolutionaries who went by the moniker of "Young Bosnia" were the ones who actually made the assassinations. They did have ties to Black Hand, who got and still gets the credit for the assassination because one of the big dogs claimed he'd organized it (and used his power to influence the statement) at a kangaroo trial.

Either way though, both groups were aiming towards Slavic unification of some kind.

Hmmm... Interesting...

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #502 on: April 09, 2016, 03:06:34 AM »
Today, I bring a small, genealogical-tree-related development I made for this project:

After the events of Curse of Darkness, as you must remember, Hector settles down with Julia. Their future uncertain. Saint Germain gives his speech, and implies that he's going to travel far into the future to witness the final battle.

But, more importantly is: What would the union of those two result into? Because this romantic relationship seems to be pretty "useless" as a story development. They're both powerful people with special powers. Something great must've come from that right? Well, at least I believe it did, and my answer to that is "Nostradamus."

Nostradamus was an alchemist, apothecary, and seer. And as we all are bald from knowing, he predicted the Demon Castle War for 1999. Connecting him to Julia and Hector seems to be an exercise in futility with no clear objective, but I want to point your attention towards this:

So, here you have Julia saying she has the power to see the future. Furthermore, she's skilled in healing, and is first seen picking herbs, presumably for healing purposes. Then we have Hector who transmutes lifeless objects into living creatures and weapons out of base ingredients. Much like concepts of alchemy.

See where I'm going?

And if we do the dates, they are plausible: Nostradamus was born in 1503, and Julia would be 44 by then.

Finally, remember how Saint Germain says "perhaps they'll remember your fight, or perhaps it'll start anew"? One way for the people of 1999 to "remember" something from Hector's battle is if his son became known as a seer and relayed this information to them.

So, the conclusion is: Nostradamus learned the trade of healing and alchemy from Hector and Julia. But, beyond that, his predicting power was inherited from Julia, his mother.

And now you know what was the "new destiny flowing out of Hector" that Saint Germain felt. His interference had a VERY important outcome in Dracula's downfall, after all  8)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:10:01 AM by theplottwist »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #503 on: April 09, 2016, 09:49:01 AM »
That's quite the side plot there um..Plot, lol. I figured that after seeing the ending of CoD that Julia and Hector would get together. It was pretty plain from where I'm standing. No-doubt that both Hector and Julia are going to have to change there last names so as to avoid the heat from the fearful locals, and so that Nostradamus' family name matches as well.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #504 on: April 09, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »
*resists urge to blurt out the second part of this*

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #505 on: April 09, 2016, 08:52:58 PM »
*resists urge to blurt out the second part of this*

Not the time yet.

You know far too much to be a safe poster in this thread xD

Though I AM reworking this second part because ever since we discussed it, something is not clicking yet.

That's quite the side plot there um..Plot, lol. I figured that after seeing the ending of CoD that Julia and Hector would get together. It was pretty plain from where I'm standing. No-doubt that both Hector and Julia are going to have to change there last names so as to avoid the heat from the fearful locals, and so that Nostradamus' family name matches as well.

Yeah, they'll pretty much change names and relocate to France. They can't live in the mountains forever, and there is something in France to develop for them.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #506 on: April 10, 2016, 05:34:33 AM »
You know far too much to be a safe poster in this thread xD

I CAN'T KEEP IT CONTAINED I HAVE TO SPOIL

DRACULA DIES AT THE END

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2016, 10:23:52 PM »
I CAN'T KEEP IT CONTAINED I HAVE TO SPOIL

DRACULA DIES AT THE END

Nah not really, he gets reborn anyway.  ;)

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #508 on: April 30, 2016, 07:42:22 AM »
Literally remade my long lost account here just to comment on this. Not even bloodstained did that

Very good good job on this. Love everything so far and i love you included Carmilla too

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #509 on: April 30, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »
Literally remade my long lost account here just to comment on this. Not even bloodstained did that

Very good good job on this. Love everything so far and i love you included Carmilla too

Thank you!

The project has slowed down a little mostly because I'm without a computer, work is pilling up on my plate, and I'm writing a bunch of dialogue for it.

But it hasn't stopped! Soon I'll have something cool to post here -- including the main star of the Castlevania show.

Tags: 1999 Awes