Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Smash Bros. Thread  (Read 100040 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The Smash Bros. Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2007, 08:15:12 AM »
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

VoDkA

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2007, 10:19:17 AM »
In Reply To #76

Well, she said it was never going to happen, so I didn't want her to think that her eyes were playing tricks on her.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »
Quote from: Cypress
Lyn is an assist trophy, but Sonic is playable. That is lame.
Uh, Sonic & Mario have been considered "rivals" in the gaming industry for a very long time, and now they finally get the chance to FIGHT eachother, & you think that's lame?

There hasn't been a good sonic game since the days of the genesis. If they are gonna put in 3rd party characters at least make them good.
That's a matter of opinion. Besides, Sonic is an icon in video games regardless.

A castlevania character should have been in. There have been several for nintendo systems. Metal gear had one or two games and sonic never had a good one on Nintendo.
It would've been more out of place if Alucard was added to the roster than Sonic. Who do you think is more recognizable to the masses?

It shouldn't matter if a character had a good game on a system or not. As I've said, Sonic & Mario have a long history and rivalry (to an extent). That's really the main reason why he was added.

I'm sure there'll be assloads of Nintendo-specific characters anyway, so I see no reason to complain for Sonic wanting to join in on the fun. Sheesh..

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »
Those were my opinions as you said. I never said they were facts. I still do think it is lame that sonic is in and Lyn is an assist trophy. Nintendo characters should be playable if they are in. I never knew mario and sonic were "rivals". Sonic and Knuckles are rivals, Sonic and Mario...I don't see how they even matter to each other aside from them being platformers.
And as for Alucard not being recognizable, they put in several characters that were Japan only, or few people knew about (Marth, Roy, Mr. Game and watch) so I don't think it would be a big deal. Plus if they saw Alucard in the game im sure a ton of people that have never played a Castlevania game before would be playing as him alot.

As for snake, I wonder if Konami had a deal with nintendo to put him in the game in exchange for MGSTTS coming to gamecube. Just a thought. At least snake is an interesting character.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2007, 11:24:32 AM »
Mario & Sonic were rivals being that Sega & Nintendo were rivals at one point.

Sonic is cooler than Lyn anyway (just my opinion..)

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »
OMG, best day ever!!!! Sonic is in the game!!!! Man, I loved today.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »
In Reply To #82

Yeah if he plays anything like Fox in terms of speed, I'll be gettin' me a new Favorite this winter.

Good stuff.  I hope he gets Green Hill Zone as a stage.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Killerwhip

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »
Those were my opinions as you said. I never said they were facts. I still do think it is lame that sonic is in and Lyn is an assist trophy. Nintendo characters should be playable if they are in. I never knew mario and sonic were "rivals". Sonic and Knuckles are rivals, Sonic and Mario...I don't see how they even matter to each other aside from them being platformers.
And as for Alucard not being recognizable, they put in several characters that were Japan only, or few people knew about (Marth, Roy, Mr. Game and watch) so I don't think it would be a big deal. Plus if they saw Alucard in the game im sure a ton of people that have never played a Castlevania game before would be playing as him alot.

As for snake, I wonder if Konami had a deal with nintendo to put him in the game in exchange for MGSTTS coming to gamecube. Just a thought. At least snake is an interesting character.

VoDkA

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »
In Reply To #83

I don't know.  He actually looks much, much faster than Fox...there's likely to be a massive learning curve with Sonic.  But, if the videos are any indication, learning the character will pay off...

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »
Bad news guys, the game got delayed...till February...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »
All good things to those who wait  :P

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
NO! WHY!? ASHUDB@A(*@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@J$+@{(UJB(***UU
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
Feb. 10th is what gonintendo says. Hopefully they will be adding more characters than oringinally planned. I guess i'll just get it for my b-day.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2007, 10:40:03 AM »
My bet's that the delay is due to Sonic getting added.

Tags: