Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Weird Castlevania ideas for the future  (Read 10554 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Weird Castlevania ideas for the future
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »
+2
Ah. I see.
My bad, whenever I see FF, I instantly think RPG.  :)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 05:58:35 AM »
+3
Oh, right. I remember that. Well, I think they just meant they want to make Castlevania a franchise with several continuities instead of letting everything take place in one big timeline, which is what Final Fantasy also does. I don't think it indicates a RPG being in the works.  :-\

Looking back, OOE might've been a step in this FF-ish direction. Simply because it didn't have a specific year when it could easily have been given one.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »
+2
Yes, I agree. I believe around that time he also said he regretted releasing a timeline because "now it's all offical".

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:26 AM »
+1
I'd die of the emotion if they release a Castlevania JRPG!
But right now, I'm so anxious waiting for LoS 2 to come out so MS time ends, and the months to go by, so we can finally learn what the future of Castlevania is, I guess around the middle year of 2014 maybe?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheAcer

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »
+1
By the middle of 2014, I think that Konami would have only just started to think about the future of CV internally and even then that's only if LoS2 sells well enough to justify, from a business standpoint, another game being made for the franchise any time soon. If everything does go well though, it's very likely that Konami wont announce anything about what their doing with CV until after 2015 and onwards.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »
+1
As of right now, I'm so tired of waiting that another year will be really long but won't make a difference after all, my patience ended like in 2010, only a little measured with Rebirth.
And if the next game is not what I want, I guess I will give up hopes forever (and many other life long fans, also).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 12:35:18 AM »
+2
Since this was mentioned on the "Dealbreakers" thread, I would just like to include this idea here.

Castlevania Visual Novel/Dating Sim Eroge or on a much lighter note the Bishoujou or Otome game version.
The series always got famous Japanese voice actors for their characters so they might as well use those assets for those games.

I personally am inclined towards the Otome game because of the male voice actors. I'd be fangirling like crazy.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 01:02:25 AM »
+2
I know it's been mentioned but I do think a CV rpg would be fun. I'm fully aware CV is an action adventure game but I still an rpg would be fun. I'm imagining a Chrono Trigger type thing. You'll have *insert name here* Belmont, Alucard, and take your pick character and they'll do team attacks and whatnot. I could also see moves like holy water being a lvl 1 spell and hydro storm being a lvl 2 spell. I think it has possibilities

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 01:48:25 AM »
+1
The Sims: Castlevania, with 36 expansions, including "The Succubus Hour" and "Drac the Pimp".

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 04:41:34 AM »
+1
MineVania, like Minecraft, you must build your own towns and dungerons, put the mobs, desing the story and the quest xDDD. All online.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
+1
Since this was mentioned on the "Dealbreakers" thread, I would just like to include this idea here.

Castlevania Visual Novel/Dating Sim Eroge or on a much lighter note the Bishoujou or Otome game version.
The series always got famous Japanese voice actors for their characters so they might as well use those assets for those games.

I personally am inclined towards the Otome game because of the male voice actors. I'd be fangirling like crazy.
I'd buy that on day 1!  :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:57 PM »
+2
I'd buy that on day 1!  :)

Second me on that if they add some girls. Tragically this happened with Valis franchise :(

On-topic: A tetris game (wait...), card game or any kind of board game (maybe this fits the "party" thing). I cant say a shooter because "Sisters Mode" is almost one, but try to imagine a Castlevania's Trivia game, like in Family Feud xD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:40:51 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »
+1
Second me on that if they add some girls. Tragically this happened with Valis franchise :(
Hehe... believe me, I want the girls too  ;)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
+1
Hehe... believe me, I want the girls too  ;)

Well, I dont said anything about removing the guys too
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »
+1
Well, I dont said anything about removing the guys too
Nope  ;)
Let them stay too, hehe...
With guys and girls we can have so much fun!

Tags: