Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2416764 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think its opposite Nagumo. Victor Belmont is the new Modern Belmont (just like in resurrection he was a future belmont compared to Sonia) but this could imply that Sonia appears in the game since they are referencing Resurrection she could be a past belmont that fights Dracula. I think the castle siege takes place hundred of years later after MOF.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Yup, a new character design but the name was from a cancelled game. At least they are not using other famous Belmont character names. Thank goodness.

Offline BelmontJ895

• Belmont in training
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think it was smart move honestly. I don't think Richter or Justin would have worked. Although I expect there will be references to past belmonts in the game.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It looks like fucking Ezio.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-21-castlevania-lord-of-shadow-2-release-date-announced
This is has a couple of more screenshots. With one hinting that you do have a boss battle with new Belmont.

Offline TheAcer

• Awards
What I imagined the modern Belmont "Victor" to be wearing:

(click to show/hide)

What he is actually wearing:

(click to show/hide)

I'm fine with how LoS Victor looks but am definitely disappointed in his outfit choice to say the least..

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Aside from the hood and the bearded face this is actually a quite good design. Unlike Trevor's design there is no overuse of armour this time. 

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I actually like the beared face and I think the hood will grow on me. Got disagree on Trevor :P love the overuse armor. But I guess I am wondering how did he lose his eye  :o

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Didn't see Victor coming.

I actually think he looks cool, nothing to go "Not muh Belmont" at tho, unless you hate beards. (and if so why would you?)

And the similarities to Assasins Creed are apparent, so apparent that actually called one of the screens "Belmonts Creed".  ;D

And for the rest, seems like they're gonna be some stealth segments and enemies will be using daylight against you. Curious to see how this will work out.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I am pretty excited for Medusa fight it seems my complaints of Titan battle are being answered. You fight Medua and knocked her out and then climb her and maybe try to cut out her heads :P

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
You fight Medua and knocked her out and then climb her and maybe try to cut out her heads :P

Or
(click to show/hide)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
If we are having a likely (Zobek) Death battle and Medusa Battle? What other classical enemy bosses would you guys like to see appear?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Oh and forget to mention before,not surprised that it slipped into next year. With LOS2 in February, Dark Souls 2 a month later and the Q4 2013 backlog, I'll putting next gen on hold for a little while longer.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Since we will be getting battles with Death and Medusa, they might as well add in other creatures that serve as the main pillars of Castlevania like Frankenstein. Oh wait... Dont tell me that the titans represent Frankie?

Victor Belmont = Rejected by the Brotherhood of Assassins, gets to join the Brotherhood of Light instead. /lol

anything