0 (0%)
His Background
0 (0%)
His Goals
0 (0%)
His life story
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Story of Jason Belmont  (Read 9954 times)

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 12:29:12 AM »
To be completelly honest with you, creating a son for Julius Belmont is already a bad idea in itself for many, many reasons. Every evidence from the canon points to Julius not having any children up until 2036.

I'd say your original character being unrelated to any Belmont is the best way to go. But I understand that being Belmont is the core of the character and to entertain him not being a Belmont already causes him to lose his magic.

Mhhh how about making my OC born from the Graves family? this could work and it might make sense! Or even better, making him related to the Schneider family since they are the closest thing to a Belmont!!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:33:58 AM by DioBrand0 »
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »
I think you'll have a height issue if you cast Adam Driver to play him.

He seems taller than 5'4"
The worst monsters are human.

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »
I think you'll have a height issue if you cast Adam Driver to play him.

He seems taller than 5'4"

True enough, any suggestions?
Standing here, I realize

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »
True enough, any suggestions?

Simple, change the height.

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 10:52:07 PM »
All change have been made to make Jason more canon-wise. Thank's to ThePlotTwist who advised that i should make Jason not a Belmont wich i just realized making him the son of Julius Belmont pretty much contradicts everything in the canon classic verse! Instead of being a Belmont, Jason's a Schneider meaning he's a decendent of Reinhart Schneider and Schneider is pretty close to a Belmont if you ask me, maybe they are both cousin family?

And who knows? maybe Jason could be a Belmont in the LOS verse? i mean Victor Belmont in the LOS verse did not have an amnesia of his bloodline unlike Julius Belmont!
Standing here, I realize

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 08:06:22 PM »
Reinhardt Schneider is blood-related to the Belmonts as is Carry Fernandez. Having Jason related to Reinhardt will still keep him in the Belmont family biologically. And yes, he would be able to wield the Vampirekiller in case you are wondering  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:36 PM »
All change have been made to make Jason more canon-wise. Thank's to ThePlotTwist who advised that i should make Jason not a Belmont wich i just realized making him the son of Julius Belmont pretty much contradicts everything in the canon classic verse! Instead of being a Belmont, Jason's a Schneider meaning he's a decendent of Reinhart Schneider and Schneider is pretty close to a Belmont if you ask me, maybe they are both cousin family?

And who knows? maybe Jason could be a Belmont in the LOS verse? i mean Victor Belmont in the LOS verse did not have an amnesia of his bloodline unlike Julius Belmont!

One thing I must make clear: You could STILL make your character related to a Belmont. My point was specifically because it's very, very hard to create a Belmont related to the other Belmonts without screwing up something on the canon. Whereas, making him unrelated to the Belmonts gives you a much bigger space for creativity to flourish.

Now, however, making Jason related to the Schneider (specifically being a descendant of Reinhardt) basically caused your character to be completelly removed from the canon. This means that it's impossible for Jason to even know who Soma is. And this is because Castlevania 64 is not canon to the universe where Soma exists.

If I'm allowed to suggest you something: Make Jason a Belmont, yet make him be born AFTER 2036. He'll still get to know Alucard, Soma et al. albeit not from his childhood. Julius gets to train Curtis Lang AND gets to have a child - who can be trained by Curtis Lang later, since Julius will be too old to do it himself!

Reinhardt Schneider is blood-related to the Belmonts as is Carry Fernandez. Having Jason related to Reinhardt will still keep him in the Belmont family biologically. And yes, he would be able to wield the Vampirekiller in case you are wondering  ;)

This is the upside, however. Being a Schneider descendant allows Jason to wield the Vampire Killer with no drawbacks. Making Jason not a direct Belmont descendant on the main canon will surely cause issues about him wielding the whip - namely, the drain of his life force by the whip.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:45:36 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »
One thing I must make clear: You could STILL make your character related to a Belmont. My point was specifically because it's very, very hard to create a Belmont related to the other Belmonts without screwing up something on the canon. Whereas, making him unrelated to the Belmonts gives you a much bigger space for creativity to flourish.

Now, however, making Jason related to the Schneider (specifically being a descendant of Reinhardt) basically caused your character to be completelly removed from the canon. This means that it's impossible for Jason to even know who Soma is. And this is because Castlevania 64 is not canon to the universe where Soma exists.

If I'm allowed to suggest you something: Make Jason a Belmont, yet make him be born AFTER 2036. He'll still get to know Alucard, Soma et al. albeit not from his childhood. Julius gets to train Curtis Lang AND gets to have a child - who can be trained by Curtis Lang later, since Julius will be too old to do it himself!

This is the upside, however. Being a Schneider descendant allows Jason to wield the Vampire Killer with no drawbacks. Making Jason not a direct Belmont descendant on the main canon will surely cause issues about him wielding the whip - namely, the drain of his life force by the whip.

Intresting suggestion! i originally planned to have Jason born in the year 1994 before The Demon Castle Wars/Umbra of Sorrow events, but your suggestion is brilliant!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:06:52 AM by DioBrand0 »
Standing here, I realize

Tags:

anything