Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it Isn't Castlevania  (Read 66673 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 02:22:11 AM »
Now i wonder where's Gabriel hiding?
Just right behind the rosette/rose window. Beware...

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »
Just right behind the rosette/rose window. Beware...

It's a good think, that i don't live near, any of those Cathedrals!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
Love this thread!! So many amazing pictures to be found here.
I think Castlevania has helped me appreciate my love for the mysterious, baroque, and divine... I'm into urban exploration (urbex) so I've seen a lot of beautiful photos of abandoned churches, shrines, etc. Even hearing holy chants, Latin, or spectacular organ music leaves me thinking about the legacy of the Belmonts. I was in a Methodist church that had a beautiful green stained-glass dome above it. Such settings really do give you a sense of wonder. Castlevania gives me that "epic" feeling as well.

The first two are from the same article:

One of my favorite pictures - an abandoned church in Gary, Indiana...

And this is actually from a hotel. The building is actually somewhat local to me. There's a group of protesters who are trying to save it.

The rest: random favorites from around the net.

Last but not least: the ecstasy of St. Teresa, by Bernini. Dear god, this piece creeps me out so much, but it wouldn't be out of place in a Castlevania. It would look oddly appropriate in a succubus' chamber. And if you look up Teresa's own words, things just get weirder and weirder from there. You could definitely make a huge psychological statement with the piece.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 06:15:24 PM »
Agreed... Si Teresa of Avila in Ecstacy is one CREEPY work of art...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »
Well now, that's some awesome stuff you got there.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2011, 04:57:32 AM »
Wonderful pictures narkolepsi!!! :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 07:03:21 AM »
Agreed... Si Teresa of Avila in Ecstacy is one CREEPY work of art...

Well, did you see where the angel was pointing his spear, it is not her chest

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »

Well, did you see where the angel was pointing his spear, it is not her chest

Her entrails. According to her own account, he stabs her thrice and through the pain she is filled with the glory of God. Or something along those lines. She basically goes on to say that if you've never felt this, you're missing out.

Creepy shiznit. But it's that kind of psychological creepy that really intrigues and disturbs me at the same time.

Edit: in reply to #49 and #50 - thanks! This stuff just fascinates me so much.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:23:03 AM by narkolepsi »
tumblr

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
That sounds right up Dracula's alley.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
Her entrails. According to her own account, he stabs her thrice and through the pain she is filled with the glory of God. Or something along those lines. She basically goes on to say that if you've never felt this, you're missing out.

To me the arrow is pointed down towards her crotch area which is where extreme pleasure is felt. Especially since the crotch is where the "Sexual Chakra" is located. If she's feeling pleasure in her entrails then she must secretly be a masochist. Either that or the church made her tell a different story that was more "Acceptable" to their own personal standards.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
That sounds right up Dracula's alley.

I'll say. It would be eerily awesome to see this in the room of a succubus, a female vampire like Carmilla or Bartley, or - most definitely - Drac's throneroom. And why am I also thinking that this could fit the character of Graham Jones? Twisting of religion? Heck, I dunno.

To me the arrow is pointed down towards her crotch area which is where extreme pleasure is felt. Especially since the crotch is where the "Sexual Chakra" is located. If she's feeling pleasure in her entrails then she must secretly be a masochist. Either that or the church made her tell a different story that was more "Acceptable" to their own personal standards.

-X

Ah. Now that is an interesting take on it. I myself could never possibly enjoy being stabbed in the entrails, I'd probably die rather than try to find pleasure in it. Your suggestion is not impossible, considering that church history has been so muddled over the years.

Interesting that you mentioned the sacral chakra (Svadisthana). Yes, that is the chakra that gives and receives sexual pleasure, as well as governing actions in relationships.

I should be able to get more abandoned/castlevania-esque photos up soon, probably later tonight, because Tapatalk is being buggy again and my phone is dying (as usual).
tumblr

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
That Teresa painting DEFINITELY looks like it could be found in Dracula's house. o_o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »

Creepy shiznit. But it's that kind of psychological creepy that really intrigues and disturbs me at the same time.

Edit: in reply to #49 and #50 - thanks! This stuff just fascinates me so much.

I know the story. What I meant is that posibly Bernini put the spear pointing towards the crotch to imply that her ecstasy experience was like her fantasizing of God....well... doing naughty things to her (also see the angel's happy face and St Theresa orgasmic face)

Offline Pedrith

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: I can't believe it Isn't Castlevania
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »
Wow.  I didn't know that the Canadian Peace Tower and Parliament buildings (page 2 with green roof and the Canadian flag) would be considered a hiding place for Dracula.  Although considering all the um sucking the parliament is doing to the Canadian people, I'm not surprised.  Even better it's less than 30 minutes from my home.

I wonder if courting a succubus would count as going over to Drac's side :p

David

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2011, 06:06:26 PM »
To me the arrow is pointed down towards her crotch area which is where extreme pleasure is felt. Especially since the crotch is where the "Sexual Chakra" is located.

QFT

Tags: