Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If I made Castlevania Jewelry... would you buy it?  (Read 10012 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
If I made Castlevania Jewelry... would you buy it?
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »
+2
So guys,

I got  new JORB!

And in this new jorb, I get to be creative and make things in CAD and I have access to both 3D Printers as well as Casting Services.
Soooo...

...like the topic title says, if I crafted some Castlevania-related jewelry, such as (but not limited to):

-Rings
-Bracelets
-Pendants
-Earrings
-Small Trophies (think something like the size of a Monopoly Token or something)

...would you buy it?

I can get an Etsy store going.  I can already do this but I figured I'd ask my Castlevania people.

PS: I can make stuff in 14K Yellow Gold, White Gold, 14K Palladium, Platinum 950, and Silver 925.
Silver is the cheapest.

What would you be interested in seeing?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: If I made Castlevania Jewelry... would you buy it?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »
I would love to have a tiny whip statue, or even a Castlevania inspired one of these.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 07:46:26 PM »
I would love a little statue but there is NO way I could afford it. Can you make it out of plastic? :P

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
Grats on the new job! :D But is that 925 American dollars, even for silver? I don't think I could afford dat...T_T

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 08:14:52 PM »
Um.... 925 is the purity of the Silver.  925 stands for 92.5% is pure silver, the remainder is additives.
For Platinum 950, that's the purity of platinum, meaning 95% of it is pure Platinum.

As for 14K Gold, it means that 14/24 of the material is pure gold, the other 8/24 is additives.
18K Gold, for example, is 18/24 parts pure gold, the other 6/24 being additives.

24K Gold would be the purest gold, being 24/24 Gold... but without the additives, it's too soft and malleable a material to be worn without risking buckling and denting.

That's not the price of the item(s)... the price would be the market value of silver multiplied by the weight of the piece (plus my labor and the cost of manufacturing).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 10:18:05 PM »
Oooohhhhh. That's cool, I learned some chemistry today :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 11:38:54 PM »
It's not so much chemistry as it is Metallurgy. Congrats on your job Jorge! Hope it goes well and you get some good clientele going.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 02:31:24 AM »
Congrats Jorge! You really are going to be like IGA minus the game creation.

OMG white gold rings...... drool. I won't be able to purchase them though. Stupid local postal system.
But I'll love looking at your designs.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 04:05:24 AM »
Thanks, but looks like no one has any designs they'd like to see.
That and you guys seem broke. :(
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 04:51:04 AM »
Thanks, but looks like no one has any designs they'd like to see.
That and you guys seem broke. :(

The broke part is mostly true, maybe you can tip people over the edge with some illustrations of the designs? I think rings/ necklaces with designs like : vampirekiller crest, dracula crest etc.
Also congratulations on the job man :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »
Ok, I'll come up with some designs and maybe post 'em.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »
Everyone is broke because of Bloodstained. lol.

Maybe wait for a few more months to see potential customers. And Donvermicelli's idea is a great motivator.

Offline Sir Nicko

• Formerly Soma Cruz
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:20 AM »
Hey Jorge!

I would definitely be stoked to support! Would it be possible to make stuff out of 14k Rose gold as well?? Might go well with any blood-rose vampire themes!

What CAD software are you using? I use SolidWorks a ton at work. Would be cool to collaborate on something!

Cheers,

Nicko 

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »
Everyone is broke because they all just dished out $100 or more for Iga's kickstarter.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
Hey Jorge!

I would definitely be stoked to support! Would it be possible to make stuff out of 14k Rose gold as well?? Might go well with any blood-rose vampire themes!

What CAD software are you using? I use SolidWorks a ton at work. Would be cool to collaborate on something!

Cheers,

Nicko 

I use Rhino3D, but know how to use SolidWorks.
And yes, I have access to 14K Rose Gold casting.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything