Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PLEASE HELP ME?  (Read 26539 times)

burning water

PLEASE HELP ME?
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:49:59 AM »
I have meen trying to make a homebrew game for a year, and I completely suck! I try, and try, only to fail miserably! It seams that all I can do is make alternated sprites, But I just can't program them right, even though I'v been shown how to do it! :( I just horribly suck! :'( I've been able to get my Characters to jump and walk, and finally got them to use a sub-weapon.(knife) But when they attack, THEY NEVER STOP!!! >:( :'( :'( They just stand there, attacking, and attacking, and attacking!(and that's with out a weapon. I never put the weapon in because I can't get them to do the motion just once and stop.) I never bothered to put in the the action for when they land after a long fall because I believe they'll just end up constainly doing squats. I desperately need a character programer! Not just for heroes, but for towns people and villians as well! He/she will be well spoken of. and I will give him/her all the credit for the the character programing. I will see that their reputation soars! Please, if any body is interested in helping me out, please send me a full gamemaker file containing a comlplete program of Richter, from U.S.A's Symphony, including Item Crashes and that kick combo that he wasn't given in the game, and a program of him from portait. (I don't know if I want the hero of this game to do the back flip, or the summersault. So, I need both.) I will work with who ever sends me these files, whether it's just one, or even two people. I will work with them both on this game, And this is just the tip of the Iceburg! I intend to put about 10 playable characters in this game and a hand full of NPCs to give them assistance in battle. There will be both classic, and forgotten characters, as well new ones I have made up by myself, or have been inspired to make. Each with there own stories. As fellow fans, please help me.

P.S. To make sure there are no mistakes, I want Richter to be able to do the slide kick, blade rush, and roll as well. I shall require whip enhancements and items such as hearts and life as well. If you have to use my email, it's Burnning_in_the_water@yahoo.com

My sprites may be alternated, but their still impresive. I am Splicing the Succubus from Symphony with Carmilla from Rondo, to make a female character That won't have any of their movements! In fact, she's going to be more like a ninja, using speed, gyminastics, and knives!

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 06:16:52 AM »
so basically, you are asking us to make the game for you?

mgfcortez

Re: PLEASE HELP ME?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:16:28 PM »
your best bet it super vampire killer and a old gamemaker5.
ppl are not going to make your game for you sorry.
you might do better finding a programmer if you show some bad ass sprites and backgrounds you made.
a good story for your game might get someone into it too.
other wise i think most ppl will not give you the time of day.

i think when i get all my stuff for my game i might save up some money and pay a programmer to make me a engine.
wish i knew how much it cost tho.lol
but you need to do alot more than wine about you can't get it to work to get one.
because ppl who do sprites edits and have a story for a game  are everywhere with there games wanting just what you want.
but programmer's are rare indeed :-\

so do more to try to win a programmer over than demand a bunch of useless shit ::)
if a guy did do what you asked then what?
attacking stuff is easy compared to other things that you'll need after that.
what i say you should do is plan it out make a shit load of stuff like stages and sprites that kick ass then go and post it around on boards asking for help.
maybe the eye candy might get you a programmer after all you can't catch a fish without the damn worm ;)
well good luck anyway

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »

what i say you should do is plan it out make a shit load of stuff like stages and sprites that kick ass then go and post it around on boards asking for help.
maybe the eye candy might get you a programmer after all you can't catch a fish without the damn worm ;)
well good luck anyway

well there's another method too, you could become a programmer but that takes lots of college, but it depends on how bad you want the game to get done.  ;)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Del_Duio

• DXF Games head honcho
    • DXF Games
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 01:37:18 PM »
you could become a programmer but that takes lots of college

Not necessarily, but yeah it does take a lot of time & effort. Not knowing what program you're using exactly it sounds to me like you have the attacking animation set to always loop. With MMF it's as easy as unchecking a little box for that particular animation to get it to stop after playing through one time (like swinging a sword from start to finish once).

The good news is that if you are able to draw some good pictures and sprites there are loads of people out there who can't draw that will probably help you out somehow. Good luck!
DXF Games official website:
http://del_duio.sitesled.com

Hasslevania, Equin Village, Necroplis Rising, Captain of the Guard and more!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »
In Reply To #4

Programming doesn't take college.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »
In Reply To #4

Programming doesn't take college.

It depends exactly what type of programming and what field your going into, a friend of a friend of mine does it for a living and had to go to school. You don't have to go to school but it does make things easier. My above post was mainly a joke, cuz people were saying programmers are in short supply, :)
_______________________________________ ______________

burning water

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:05:27 PM »
so basically, you are asking us to make the game for you?
No, I'm not. I just asking for a Richter's movement program, so I can use it as A skeleton base for the movement of my hereos, so they'll stop their mindless and uncontolable attacking. I can program in walking, jumping, and crouching, just fine. I'm also pretty good at tile ripping. All I really need is a program for the whip attack, landing after a long fall, the back flip, the roll, the slide and slide-kick, the double jump, kick combo, and the Item Crashes. I don't even intend to put Richter in the game. It'll be some one else! Again, I intend to put about 10 Playable characters in my game... Two of them vampires, one of them a werewolf, two of them zombies(and I dont meen those weaklings that we're all familiar with. these are a completely whole different kind of breed. Strong, durible, inteligent, and posessing wils of thier own.) Five of them belmont's(some offical, and some made up, one on other something completely different, but powerful none the less. About half of them will be unlockable.

burning water

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »
your best bet it super vampire killer and a old gamemaker5.
ppl are not going to make your game for you sorry.
you might do better finding a programmer if you show some bad ass sprites and backgrounds you made.
a good story for your game might get someone into it too.
other wise i think most ppl will not give you the time of day.

i think when i get all my stuff for my game i might save up some money and pay a programmer to make me a engine.
wish i knew how much it cost tho.lol
but you need to do alot more than wine about you can't get it to work to get one.
because ppl who do sprites edits and have a story for a game

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 02:24:27 AM »
All I really need is a program for the whip attack, landing after a long fall, the back flip, the roll, the slide and slide-kick, the double jump, kick combo, and the Item Crashes.
why don't you just learn how to do it yourself?

And someone else can handle the reast of the stuff
Castlevania Dungeon members are not your personal game making slaves.

burning water

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 03:56:54 AM »
why don't you just learn how to do it yourself?
Castlevania Dungeon members are not your personal game making slaves.
2. I never said that they were! Quit accusing me of being like that. You need to pa atention to the WHOLE sentence, not just a part of it. I said "I am attempting to gather an entire crew for this I'll handle tile ripping, story line, and character creation(Their programming however, will be credited to whoever helps me with what I'm asking, because it won't even happen without them.), someone else can handle, map and stage design,(I entend to make it kind of a cross between Simon's Quest and Dracula's Curse in game play, to where each character travels around to, through, and sometimes even back through different places according to their stories, and depending on if their hunting someone, running from someone, changing their course to defend a town, ect.) someone else can handle weapon stocks, HP, MP, XP, and level ups. Some else can handle the NPC and enemy programming, and locations.(I'll design the enemies though. No zombies, or bats. I'm puting tougher enemies, like werewolves or lesser vampires in place of them. I'll also test out the stages and give final say over enemy locations because some locations can give an enemy TOO MUCH of an advantage over the players.) And someone else can handle the reast of the stuff, such as scenes, and multiple choice events.(For anstance some of the playable characters are actually villians and I intend to put in a boss fight were one of them fights a belmont. He's not the current Vampire Killer, only a hunter. After you beat him, he fallsto his knees and you're given a choice because the current Vampire Killer is closing in on you: Kill him and risk getting whipped by the Vampire Killer, or spare the Belmont's life and flee unscathed. You can still kill him and get away unscathed, but it'd difficult, and if you get whipped, you begin the next stage in a weakened state... Half life maybe...)" I am looking for EQUAL PARTNERS.

1. The backflip look's too complicated, so I need to see how to do it. As for the other stuff, I already tried to do it on my own. I failed time after time. So I started asking people hoew to do it a year ago. All that got me is learning how to get them to jump. So I have come to the conclusion that I need to se the programs from Castlevania type games. Not games were your a marble in a maze, or you climb vines and shoot things with a gun. I NEED TO SEE RICHTER IN ACTOIN AND SEE HOW HE DOES IT. IT'S THE ONLY WAY. If I try to do it my self through trial and error, it'll take years! I need what I'm asking for, so I can look at it AND LEARN FROM IT. It will enable the characters to do combos, gymnastics, and perform POWERFUL attacks. All I'm asking for compared to an entire game is just a little bread crumb. A single seed from an entire sunflower. Just one full Gamemaker movement program for an ultimate Richter. Will be enough for a basis for TEN CHARACTERS! And they all won't just be walking slowly, swinging a whip. Some will be Fast and light, some will be slow and heavy, some durable while others are weak, some able to change form or fly, and an asortment of weapons as long as your arm. And all I need to get this started is just one little thing. Just give me this one little thing, AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I'M TRUELY OFFERING.

burning water

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 04:06:41 AM »
you could become a programmer but that takes lots of college

Not necessarily, but yeah it does take a lot of time & effort. Not knowing what program you're using exactly it sounds to me like you have the attacking animation set to always loop. With MMF it's as easy as unchecking a little box for that particular animation to get it to stop after playing through one time (like swinging a sword from start to finish once).
I am using Gamemaker, and yeah,believe that you are right. The animations ar looping, And I don't know how to get them to stop. If I did, I would already be in Phase 2. What is MMF?

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
In Reply To #12

MMF= multimedia fusion.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
In Gamedev.net, every couple of days, some naive, young kid makes a thread asking help to build his MMORPG that will leave World of Warcraft in the dust. This kid's "talent" is that he has written many pages of story and designed enemies and characters (which more often than not are rip-offs from other games). Then, he somehow gets the nerve to ask everyone to code his entire game, paint all his art, model all his characters and compose all his music. People try to reason with the kid and tell him that what he is over his head and that no one will build his game for them, but he continues to babble on and demand cooperation, and resorts to being very annoying by doing stuff like writing in full caps and double, triple and even quadruple posting. His rating plummets, and nothing comes out of it except for wasted time.

Alternatively, some people make threads asking people to help them with their game. These people then show programs, art, etc that they have made in the past. People see their work, and if impressed might decide to help them out.

What is the lesson here? No one is going to help you if you have no skills or talent at all. You can't seriously expect anonymous, random people to work under someone and follow their ideas when they don't contribute anything at all. I am sorry, but splicing sprites is not something that is going to get people to make your game for you.

You say you want people to be equal to you, but clearly the workload is not equal at all. You can't seriously compare programming a game, composing the music, drawing the art to story line and character development. Everyone has storyline and character ideas, its not a unique talent and you aren't necessarily better than anyone at it.

And it doesn't help your cause that you are whining so much that you can't get gamemaker to work the way you want it to. You are doing very basic stuff, I am sure if you took the time to read some of th documentation you'd have no trouble getting what you want done. It's not exactly rocket science.

So, stop your bitching and get good at something, then ask for some help!

burning water

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 06:36:47 PM »
In Reply To #13

What's that? Is it another program for making games?

Tags: