Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PLEASE HELP ME?  (Read 26524 times)

burning water

Re: PLEASE HELP ME?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 01:51:03 AM »
Just give me this one little thing, AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I'M TRUELY OFFERING

Yes but what you're asking is no little thing. Just look at all the moves you want your protagonist to have alone. That's straight up months and months of hard work for somebody. Who is going to want to attempt to do all that and put themselves through all the rigor when they're not even emotionally attached to the project in the first place?

You have to REALLY want to make a game in order to stick with it through thick and thin. This is hard work afterall.
What? really?

I just thought that someone would already have it.

Just take it from a game that they had already made, like Super Vampire Killer, or something.

Just a simple cut, paste, and send.

Now I see why every body is so reluctant to help me.

Can somebody then just tell me how to get my animations to stop looping, and tell me how to program a two step ability, such as the slide kick, or sub- weapon throw?

burning water

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 02:01:09 AM »
All arguing aside, GameMaker isn't that bad. It's just not that good, either. It's a good place to learn if you don't really know anything about programming, etc. And to learn how to use it, the best thing you can do is to to their forums and use the search extensively.

Maybe you should start with a basic platform engine that's already made, and move on from there to make it your own (giving credit, of course). That's how I did it.
That sounds like it would work too. I would like to use Super Vampire Killer. Expecially since that's the game that insired me into attempting this.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 02:42:48 AM »
Just sheets are fine enough.

Also there are people who make their own sheets from scratch. I do those. Sonic Reaper does too (I think he even gets paid for that). Thaddeus too I think.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 03:19:54 PM »
Can somebody then just tell me how to get my animations to stop looping, and tell me how to program a two step ability, such as the slide kick, or sub- weapon throw?

1. I haven't used GameMaker in 5 years, and I only used it for a month or two. I don't know but I am sure if you ask for help in their forums or read the documentation you will find out. I'd say stick with it because you aren't going to find anything much easier to make a game with.

2. I am not sure what you mean by two step ability, but to do a slide kick you give your character an initial velocity and decelerate him every frame until his velocity falls to 0. You probably will also want to change the collision mask to something more appropriate for the sliding sprite.

3. For subweapons, you need to create a seperate object for them, where within you'll code their logic. Then, on the character object, you "activate" a subweapon object whenever you press the subweapon launch button (though you'll probably want to add a check before that, to make sure that the subweapon isn't already activated). When the subweapon is active, you update it's logic. You will want to disactivate it after it leaves the screen, certain amount of time has passed, or it has collided with an enemy.

4. Those game development programs have heaps of tutorials, and a ton of documentation. They also have very active forums. I don't know why I am telling you this, since it's so goddamn obvious, but I am sure you'll find answers really quickly in the program docs and tutes, or asking in their boards. You aren't going to find much help in a Castlevania message board for game development.

mgfcortez

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »
In Reply To #32
why don't you just use gamemaker 5 an older ver of gamemaker that will open supervampirekiller.
not that hard imo to think of that way you have an engine and just add you stuff to it.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »
I started years ago on my current project with omegasigma.I think it was 3 or even 4 years ago when I started. The reason I still work on it? I just love it, I can't get away from it even if I would want to. Now that I've gotten where I am I still need a few chackles unleashed and all that is left for me is to line up the stages and script the bosses. Trust me, a homebrew takes ages to make from scratch.

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 06:57:24 AM »
BW, i'll tell you what.
send me what you have so far, and i'll try and get the attack anim to stop looping.

burning water

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »
In Reply To #35
I have gamemaker 7! :o Shouldn't that work also???

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2008, 09:46:34 PM »
In Reply To #38

No. 7 changed and added a lot of shit most things programmed in GM6 wont even work with GM7 and damn near nothin made with GM5 works with GM6... so no.

burning water

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 09:55:15 PM »
In Reply To #39

Great... Where can I get 5?

burning water

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
In Reply To #37

Will I have to send you the entire game program? Or can I just send you a character demo i created in the past, where you just click on the icon and the demo starts?

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »
In Reply To #37

Will I have to send you the entire game program? Or can I just send you a character demo i created in the past, where you just click on the icon and the demo starts?
you can send me the file mentioned in the first post with attack loop problems, although i won't be able to do anything until at least march. i won't have access to gamemaker until then.

burning water

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 03:10:22 AM »
In Reply To #42

Ok, thanks! should I post it hear, or in a PM?

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »
In Reply To #42

Ok, thanks! should I post it hear, or in a PM?
either, it dosen't really matter.

burning water

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »
Still here and still need help. I havn't forgoten this place. I've just been busy. And Metroid King, I'm putting the putting the final sprites into the program and should be able to send it to you the some time this month. I am most just posting this to keep my thread from dying. Talk to you people later.

Tags:

anything