Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848697 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1830 on: June 03, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »
Am I the only one that firmly believe's that Alucard and Trevor are NOT the same person? I don't think Mercurysteam would pull a repeat of what happened to Gabriel otherwise it would be a little too predictable.

I dunno...I would assume they wouldn't combine the two, but I'm very wary of it at the same time.

I'll say this: if they put titans in this one, in the same format they were in the first game, then I could totally see them combining Alucard and Trevor, too.  :P

EDIT: Crap, I'm talking about the wrong game.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:11:15 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1831 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »
+1
Am I the only one that firmly believe's that Alucard and Trevor are NOT the same person? I don't think Mercurysteam would pull a repeat of what happened to Gabriel otherwise it would be a little too predictable.

But repeats are poignant when they add something to the story, like painting parallels.

For example, Gabriel became Dracula by willingly accepting vampiric and demonic power into his body. It could be cool if Dracula tries to turn his son into his follower by corrupting him, but Trevor resists, not wanting to fall under the evil influence of his dark power.

Then you'd have the vampire who willingly fell into darkness, and the vampire who never wanted it and tries his best to be good despite it.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1832 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »
I also like the theory that Alucard could be an alternate version of Gabriel, like his good side, from the future, or a version from an alternate universe who made different decisions.  That would be neat since in Bram Stoker's Dracula, it was Dracula who was using the name Alucard.  It seemed that they tried to hide "Alucard"s face in the trailer (other than the reflected eyes), as if you would recognize it if you saw it (either Trevor or Gabriel's).

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1833 on: June 03, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »
I also like the theory that Alucard could be an alternate version of Gabriel, like his good side, from the future, or a version from an alternate universe who made different decisions.  That would be neat since in Bram Stoker's Dracula, it was Dracula who was using the name Alucard.  It seemed that they tried to hide "Alucard"s face in the trailer (other than the reflected eyes), as if you would recognize it if you saw it (either Trevor or Gabriel's).

That's the thing that puts a hole in the Trevor=Alucard theory. If Trevor was a vampire like Gabriel, he wouldn't be able to cast a reflection because well.....vampires can't cast reflections as demonstrated in the trailer by Dracula himself. Also, remember that Trevor can't be a dhampir either considering he was born before the event's of LOS so he's pretty much human.

And if Trevor did become a vampire this would also put a dent in Simons existance considering he's also human and a direct descendant to Trevor.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1834 on: June 03, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »

Let's hope.

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1835 on: June 04, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »
+1
But repeats are poignant when they add something to the story, like painting parallels.

For example, Gabriel became Dracula by willingly accepting vampiric and demonic power into his body. It could be cool if Dracula tries to turn his son into his follower by corrupting him, but Trevor resists, not wanting to fall under the evil influence of his dark power.

Then you'd have the vampire who willingly fell into darkness, and the vampire who never wanted it and tries his best to be good despite it.

It would certainly add some weight to the name "Alucard" as well, making him his father's equal and opposite in several interesting ways.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1836 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:35 AM »
I don't think Mercurysteam would pull a repeat of what happened to Gabriel otherwise it would be a little too predictable.

Have you seen the LoS plotline so far? It would fit right in.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1837 on: June 04, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »
Well I guess I really am alone on this then. :(

So since if everyone believes that Trevor is Alucard, what does that mean for Simon? If Trevor became a vampire, That mean's that Simon will die in Mirror of Fate. And the Belmont clan, (who are still hunting Dracula in Lords of Shadow 2) will be non existant.

Wait a minute, what if it's not the Belmont clan, maybe it's another clan who replaced them:

The Morris Family! :D

Ok im convinced now, I now believe with all of you that the Belmont clan are vampires and that the Vampire Killer will fall into the hands of their once rival clan. Get ready for the return of Jonathan Morris and Charlotte tag teaming against Zobek and Dracula at the end!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:28:19 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Starman DX

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1838 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Well I guess I really am alone on this then. :(

So since if everyone believes that Trevor is Alucard, what does that mean for Simon? If Trevor became a vampire, That mean's that Simon will die in Mirror of Fate. And the Belmont clan, (who are still hunting Dracula in Lords of Shadow 2) will be non existant.

Wait a minute, what if it's not the Belmont clan, maybe it's another clan who replaced them:

The Morris Family! :D

Ok im convinced now, I now believe with all of you that the Belmont clan are vampires and that the Vampire Killer will fall into the hands of their once rival clan. Get ready for the return of Jonathan Morris and Charlotte tag teaming against Zobek and Dracula at the end!

(click to show/hide)

Well it's possible that Trevor has a human son before he turns (if he does), so the Belmont's can still exist even though Gabriel and Trevor are vampires. Maybe we'll see Sypha in this game?

Also I`m curious about Vampire Killer. It has to be made after Trevor since he doesn`t use it, maybe he`ll make it a similar way Sarah was needed in LoI... If he becomes Alucard then I suppose he could count as an innocent vampire. Or VK just has a new origin story altogether.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1839 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
+1

I definitely am behind this idea over Trevor being Alucard. However, I do have to point out that the name Alucard was never used in Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's an invention of Hollywood's sequels.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1840 on: June 04, 2012, 09:36:52 AM »
I feel like the Trevor being Alucard idea would sort of cut against what they're trying to do with this game--i.e. appeal to people who the LoS universe sort of offended. Making a "change" like that in what the LoS timeline is like vs the regular timeline would just be another potential offense to that crowd.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1841 on: June 04, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
+1
I feel like the Trevor being Alucard idea would sort of cut against what they're trying to do with this game--i.e. appeal to people who the LoS universe sort of offended. Making a "change" like that in what the LoS timeline is like vs the regular timeline would just be another potential offense to that crowd.

But it's important to remember that it's still a LoS game, so while the gameplay might be trying to appeal to that crowd, the story needs to mesh with LoS and LoS2, which aren't taking any precautions against radical changes

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1842 on: June 04, 2012, 01:48:41 PM »
Um, G4 just showed a new gameplay trailer with animated cutscenes. I guess there will be an online version soon.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1843 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
Um, G4 just showed a new gameplay trailer with animated cutscenes. I guess there will be an online version soon.

Cannot wait to see it tomorrow I hope it will be worldwide live from them on the big nintendo screen when it get's presented I hope thousands upon thousands see the trailer.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1844 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »

How did it look?

Tags: .....?