Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848375 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2025 on: June 05, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
+1
Araujo music

Hooray!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2026 on: June 05, 2012, 01:49:16 PM »
+1
If that's just to fight a boss or escape a situation, I don't mind QTEs.

Also, ARAUJO. :)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2027 on: June 05, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »
+1
I guess we can't expect MS to change things up too much... I mean they did cash in the first time around.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #2028 on: June 05, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »
For French speakers: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00017094-castlevania-mirrors-of-fate-e3-2012-preview.htm

I can translate some parts if you want or sum it up.

EDIT: New pic of the boss/big enemy.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:58:12 PM by Chernabogue »

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2029 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
+2
If that's just to fight a boss or escape a situation, I don't mind QTEs.

Ugh  :'(
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2030 on: June 05, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
+2

Araujo...  ...  :-\

I love John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Hans Zimmer, --and many other Hollywood composers...

These men are the Mozarts of our time, and infinitely qualified for most projects --but I wouldn't trust a single one of them with Castlevania.

Maybe...  Danny Elfman...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2031 on: June 05, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
+1
Guys, I just translated the entire article.
Scroll back a page to read it in its entirety.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2032 on: June 05, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Don't be too sure...  Check out the action at 0:09-0:12....  QTEs are definitely in the mix.

Nintendo 3DS 3rd Party Games Trailer - E3 2012

Yes, but Cox said on his twitter that it's optional. If you want to, you can just keep smacking it.

Personally, I choose the QTE, but to each their own.

EDIT:
"For us it was very important that the player feel emotionally implicated by the story" says Alvarez "even though this is not going to be necessarily what they have known in the past with this Saga, whic is more recommended since they will not know exactly out take on this."

I've been waiting for this. I've always loved Belmonts vs Dracula, but I've always missed a bit of the more personal aspect of the conflict. From what we've seen, both Trevor and Simon have a personal stake in defeating Dracula, and not just the usual heroic role.

Looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:25:29 PM by e105beta »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2033 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
+6
"Because of this, our game is not inspired in other Castlevania titles, but rather inspired by our own Lords of Shadow".

Boo.....

"The sound effects are very high quality as is the music, done by Oscar Araujo, the same composer responsible for the score of Lords of shadow."

I don't see how people are excited about him being back, other than him hopefully learning how to do captivating and memorable music right and stop doing the whole damn soundtrack as bland, theatrical background noise. If there are any musical gods on high, they will hopefully have inspired him to at least TRY to look back at what Japanese composers have done in past CV games and get some clues.

Yes, I'm sorry I'm getting down on the game before it's even released and I'm sure some of the people who liked LoS are giving me the stink-eye for it, but considering how I didn't feel the last game was compelling enough to even finish (the first and only Castlevania game I've ever done that with, even goddamn Judgment), I'm not exactly jumping for joy that they plan on revisiting alot of the same with Mirror of Fate.

I honestly hope they surprise me.

Offline kingu

• Dragon
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • You should have saying!
    • Awards
« Reply #2034 on: June 05, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
+1
Araujo...  ...  :-\

I love John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Hans Zimmer, --and many other Hollywood composers...

These men are the Mozarts of our time, and infinitely qualified for most projects --but I wouldn't trust a single one of them with Castlevania.

Maybe...  Danny Elfman...
this post didn't go as expected. that's quite a shortsighted and biased view. araujo himself simply churns out indistinct "cinematic" pieces. it shouldn't speak for others.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2035 on: June 05, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
but considering how I didn't feel the last game was compelling enough to even finish (the first and only Castlevania game I've ever done that with, even goddamn Judgment),

how about Haunted Castle??  :o

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2036 on: June 05, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
+2
how about Haunted Castle??  :o

Haunted Castle I at least felt that burning frustration of dying and getting back up and dying and getting back up until I had no more lives before I gave up. That I at least wanted to finish. LoS, well, I put down for a bit and never felt the desire to pick it back up. Haunted Castle I still will try my damnedest at.

What does that say?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2037 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

Is this guy a fleaman?

Looks like the staircase right before Dracula?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:06:03 PM by OSM »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2038 on: June 05, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
That hunchbacked creature better not be Chupacabra.

Or if it is, there better be an option to brutally snuff out its life. Maybe have a hide-and-seek game with the hapless critter running around, trying to make a hopeless escape.

Ugh..more Araujo music. Double Ugh..being inspired by the game that was barely inspired by the series it belongs to.

And titans. More goddamn titans.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:10:58 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2039 on: June 05, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »
+1
Looks like a hunchback indeed.

The second artwork is niiice!

Tags: .....?