Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848788 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2160 on: June 06, 2012, 07:12:50 AM »
Loving all those new artworks and screenshots! :)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2161 on: June 06, 2012, 08:26:42 AM »
If these pics doesn't excite you, you're hopelessly frigid

Those shot obviously are NOT in-game so I don't know why we should be excited.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2162 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:52 AM »
+1
You can never say the LoS art direction team doesn't know what they're doing.

Ok, so....how does Marie have the kid in secret without Gabe knowing it? Does she fake a miscarriage? Hide it somehow?

I believe they said Gabriel was on a mission that lasted more than the term of pregnancy would have been.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2163 on: June 06, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00059176-e3-2012-visite-du-stand-konami.htm

Video of the Konami stand at E3. We can see a bit of LoS2 and MoF.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2164 on: June 06, 2012, 08:48:31 AM »
Finally someone played it!, impressions.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178698

Even your basic skeletons have to take a beating before going down

That's when you move in and grab them to start up a QTE to wipe them out

You might not have to go through as much re-traversing as you did in other portable Castlevania games, but some might see that as a positive

If you didn't like Lords of Shadow, you'll probably feel the same here

And now....my hopes for this game have completely sunk into the drain. :(

You guys all saw it!

I tried to give Cox and his team a chance here as a fan who was disappointed with LOS.

I was happy like everyone else and optimistic after hearing the news and reading up on the game.

Was it really to much to ask them to try to draw "equal" inspiration from the classic/metrodvania castlevanias and LOS?

Instead of you know, JUST DRAWING MOST OF THE INSPIRATION FROM LOS???

This game seems to be nothing more than LOS in 2.D with a "hint" of the metroidvania formula.

You LOS fans out there enjoy yourselves, Guess I am going to have to find a new game to look forward to. ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:50:25 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2165 on: June 06, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
You can never say the LoS art direction team doesn't know what they're doing.

I believe they said Gabriel was on a mission that lasted more than the term of pregnancy would have been.

But... but.. wasnt she dead all the time as Zobek said?
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2166 on: June 06, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »
And now....my hopes for this game have completely sunk into the drain. :(

You guys all saw it!

I tried to give Cox and his team a chance here as a fan who was disappointed with LOS.

I was happy like everyone else and optimistic after hearing the news and reading up on the game.

Was it really to much to ask them to try to draw "equal" inspiration from the classic/metrodvania castlevanias and LOS?

Instead of you know, JUST DRAWING MOST OF THE INSPIRATION FROM LOS???

This game seems to be nothing more than LOS in 2.D with a "hint" of the metroidvania formula.

You LOS fans out there enjoy yourselves, Guess I am going to have to find a new game to look forward to. ???

Yes it is clear at this point this game IS going to suck. MS is just copying over their cash-in formula from LoS and bastarding our favorite characters in the process.  While also ignoring the long history of awesome CV tunes.  God of Vania all over again.  >:(

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2167 on: June 06, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »
Yes it is clear at this point this game IS going to suck. MS is just copying over their cash-in formula from LoS and bastarding our favorite characters in the process.  While also ignoring the long history of awesome CV tunes.  God of Vania all over again.  >:(

Its not the fact that they drew inspiration from LOS that turns me off.

I know LOS is their baby and they want to continue doing what they do.

Its the fact that apparently they are drawing 85% of the inspiration from LOS and 15 classic/metrodvania if you ask me.

After reading about MOF I was hoping that they where finally going to start taking many ques from the older CV games such as not having the give a mere skeleton a "beating" to take him out, or having you take damage when you bump into a enemy, or not having to use a freaken QTE to get out of trouble with a monster.

Also even though I haven't heard the music yet, the fact that they have already made it clear that most of their inspiration is coming directly from LOS continues to have me worried.

Now its nice to see the darker areas and the few classic enemies we have seen, but so far thats not enough to win my over after the latest news.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2168 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »
+1
Maybe Rovert will play drastically different from Trevor, so much  that he's pretty much classified as a seperate character. Sounds like a cop out but this is Mercurysteam we're talkin about.

Who the fourth character could be is a mystery though since Trevor and Simon are the only known Belmonts so far and Gabriel isn't looking to make friends anytime soon.

Wait what if the thrid character is....nah Im not even gonna think about that.

Rovert = Trevor spelled backwards¿?
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #2169 on: June 06, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
+1
Those shot obviously are NOT in-game so I don't know why we should be excited.

Obviously? Are you sure of that? This one looks pretty in-game to me, and it has exactly the same background:

;)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2170 on: June 06, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »
Obviously? Are you sure of that? This one looks pretty in-game to me, and it has exactly the same background:

;)

IDK those other screens look much better to me than the screen you posted.  They are probably higher res shots than what will be in the actual game.

Dominus Agony

« Reply #2171 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »
I was kinda half-hoping this game will exceed my expectations, but now it's looking like it'll just meet them. Still too early to tell, but who knows. One way to win over classic fans is to, i dunno, include candles with hearts? That's a good start.

And screenshots almost always appear hi-res when compared to the actual footage.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:21:35 AM by Dominus Agony »

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #2172 on: June 06, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »
IDK those other screens look much better to me than the screen you posted.  They are probably higher res shots than what will be in the actual game.

Oh my fucking god, I'm not aguing this.
You (amongst others) are blind, and I'm sincerely sorry for you. You know, I'm trying to respect other people's opinions here, but... hell, it's hard sometimes.

And screenshots almost always appear hi-res when compared to the actual footage.

You know, usually it's the other way around.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2173 on: June 06, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
Well the recent impressions so far has been somewhat underwhelming but on the plus side im glad it' is indeed a Metroidvania at least. Also it's been confirmed that Mirror of Fate is being done by 20 people so I guess all of their resources are going into LOS2. I just hope MoF isn't THAT bad but it's likely that it sure as hell isn't going to be up to par with the other 2D Castlevania games.

Oh and Gamespot is gonna show a demo of Castlevania Mirror of Fate (amonst others) in 20 minutes.

http://e3.gamespot.com/live-show/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:41:07 AM by Kingshango »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2174 on: June 06, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
didn't cokkusu say that lords was a metroidvania at one time, or at least had metroidvania elements
when it didn't really

besides that, a game can have metroidvania elements but the execution can still be off (like shadow complex), so i'm still gonna wait it out until i see more un-chopped gameplay footage. the thing that draws me in the metroidvania formula is less to do about going "oh hey i can't reach that yet lol I GUESS I WILL LATER" and more about the cohesive and interesting super-structure, flow, and inter-connectivity the game creates. i guess that's also why the castles in portrait or order are so uninteresting to me heh. ofc order makes it up in its own ways but it's a metroidvania because of its foundation rather than its intents aka hardly one.

also that pic of cox winning the nintendo power award was very kawaii
cute little button
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:45:14 AM by thernz »

Tags: .....?