Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848422 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2580 on: June 07, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »
+1
*points to Egoraptor's MM vs. MMX Sequelitis episode*
(In case you don't get what I mean, devs these days seem to think that today's generation of gamers are idiots.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:38:02 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2581 on: June 07, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »
+1
Well it is a demo.  Even so, it will probably tell you only once.  Which is all you would need.  There is a couple months until actual release so I'm sure balancing and stuff be done inbetween now and final release.

LoS kept reminding you of this stuff through the entire game though.

I think an ideal option would be telling you only once, "Hey look at this! You should throw X magic spell or weapon at it and other things like it!" and from then on storing that information in the "Scrolls" section in case you forget.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2582 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:59 PM »
+1
LoS kept reminding you of this stuff through the entire game though.

I think an ideal option would be telling you only once, "Hey look at this! You should throw X magic spell or weapon at it and other things like it!" and from then on storing that information in the "Scrolls" section in case you forget.

That sounds annoying.  Hopefully they amend that.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2583 on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:17 PM »
+2
LOS copies God of War no more or less than Symphony of the Night copied super Metriod.

I remember playing SOTN for the first time and laughing at how big of a Metriod rip off Castlevania had become.

So anyone who tries to make this weak God of War rip off accusation had best not be a SOTN fan, lest they come off as a complete hypocrites.
So, you're a hypocrite because, as you mentioned, you judged SotN as a Metroid rip off, but consider it wrong when people call LoS a GoW rip off. Pot calling the kettle black, gotcha!

Eh I just get mad when people write something off as crap just because it isn't what they wanted.  Or isn't perfection.  That's all.
The balance with attacking and enemy HP is a pretty big deal. Even a deal-breaker, because it's one of the biggest things a lot of people have complained about regarding LoS, haters and lovers alike.

Also, it's kinda a strange question, the one you initially asked, regarding this or Judgement 2. At this point, who how MoF looks, that would be like asking, "What is the lesser of two evils?". Maybe a little drastic of a term("two evils"), but it's still that SORT of question. Questions like that just aren't fair, actually. It would be like saying, "Would you rather choose I chop off every external organ on your body, then kill you slowly and painfully(if that wasn't already painful enough), or give you a disease where you are in a constant state of rot, and you also die slowly(and painfully)?" Seriously, which one is better? They are both horrible choices. The right answer would be none of the above. For MoF, it would be, "Fix the balance between whip damage and enemy health". Because, seriously, from it's announcement(the hints and leaks from rumor to fact), even those who were hating LoS were getting stoked over MoF. We ALL want to LIKE this game, but if some of these aspects aren't worked on, it will be a hard thing to do.

Well it is a demo.  Even so, it will probably tell you only once.  Which is all you would need.  There is a couple months until actual release so I'm sure balancing and stuff be done inbetween now and final release.
I HOPE this is the case, but letting you know, I've hoped for similar things in the past, but final versions never improved upon them. I guess, that's all we can do right now. Hope Cox is aware of this and MS balances it out(with MoF AND LoS2). I can just tell you this, if Dracula, in LoS2, is taking 5 minutes to plow through normal enemies, I don't care how cool that trailer made him look, he's going to totally sink to pussy level.

Offline symphonyofthorns

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2584 on: June 07, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
+1
Thats my concern as well and something that I really think is going to hurt the game in a major way.

I recall earlier it being said by someone who played it that all of the enemies are tough and even the skeletons have to "take a beaten" before you defeat them.

wth type of balance is that?

Are they purposely trying to make every battle last long by simply making the enemies harder to kill?

I can understand this with "mid level" or higher enemies but for skeletons it just seems absurd to me to have to give them a "beating" before they go down.

Yeah, skeletons are supposed to be the enemies you go after when you just want to smash something. They shouldn't be difficult enemies.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2585 on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
It doesn't make a difference which game you like Charlotte; God of War or Metriod. Criticizing LOS for having similarities to another franchise is ludicrous when expressed by someone who will make negative comments like that, and then turn around and say Mercury Steam should make CV games like SOTN which was a complete rip off of the Metriod gameplay system. It's blatant hypocrisy.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2586 on: June 07, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
If Medusa Heads are in MoF, I wonder when Alucard gets stoned(lol), will he have a similar transformulation such as this

would be awesome, but I doubt the 20 members working on the game are clever enough to include unique stuff like this, prunyuu~

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2587 on: June 07, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
+1
At what point did is say that I didn't like SOTN dragonslayer? I love both games. I'm just calling bullshit on the idea of criticizing LOS in particular when it comes to the originality of the game play without giving that same brand of tough love to SOTN. Kapeesh?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2588 on: June 07, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »
+1
It doesn't make a difference which game you like Charlotte; God of War or Metriod. Criticizing LOS for having similarities to another franchise is ludicrous when expressed by someone who will make negative comments like that, and then turn around and say Mercury Steam should make CV games like SOTN which was a complete rip off of the Metriod gameplay system. It's blatant hypocrisy.
But who's saying they should make games like SotN? Most people I've heard here want them to make games more like the classicvanias thatn SotN. Exploration's fine and dandy, but wanting it doesn't mean you want it to be like SotN. CV2 had exploration, and it precedes SotN.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2589 on: June 07, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »
Also, if this indeed is supposed to be the stairway to the Keep/Throne Room

..it's facing the wrong way.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2590 on: June 07, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »
+1

It looks more like an outdoor area connection one part of the castle to another(a sort've courtyard). Oddly enough, it doesn't look high enough to be the final staircase. You can see the bridge isn't that far up from the mountainside that it rests on. The Castle Keep's staircase is WAY up in the sky. Unless they're going for a different look, though I'm still calling BS. I don't think they'd release a picture of THAT part of the game so early(if anything, they wouldn't at all).

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2591 on: June 07, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »
+1
 The castle keep is much higher.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2593 on: June 07, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »

Bloodlines did the same thing.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2594 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »
+2
I hope MS don't get blinded by the awards and could see their faults, I mean, some peopl liked it, some not, and just as certain as it is to knw that IGN and Gi will like the game, we have gamesblogXXXXX who may not like it, or even hate it, damaging their precious metacritic score. There are issues, they have to fix them. You're still in time Mercury! (Please tweet Cox AND Alvarez)
You gotta be kidding me...  :rollseyes:

Everything comes full circle

Tags: .....?