Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848734 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2895 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:25 AM »
It just occurred to me that if MS really wanted to make the combat system interesting AND distinguish it from both the older CV games and other action games, like GoW, they should have made the combo system also incorporate the sub-weapons in a meaningful way. It would make for a new experience never before seen in any other game.
"Stuff and things."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2896 on: June 13, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
ha, yeah

the use of subweapons isn't even at its best in most of the older titles, so i would have loved to see more experimentation on that

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2897 on: June 13, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »
It just occurred to me that if MS really wanted to make the combat system interesting AND distinguish it from both the older CV games and other action games, like GoW, they should have made the combo system also incorporate the sub-weapons in a meaningful way. It would make for a new experience never before seen in any other game.

Like Judgement? They actually allowed you to string in sub weapons into combos. It was really interesting and easy to do too.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2898 on: June 13, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »
I imagine Dracula is going to have a bunch of powers at his disposal, but I want a peek at some Simon gameplay. Obvious a leather whip will feel different from a chain, but how? Is he really going to be the heavy hitter as speculated? How would you justify that with a leather whip?

Offline Ascension

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2899 on: June 13, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
Has there been any indication that we will be able to fight against Zobek, in MoF or in LOS2?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2900 on: June 13, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
Like Judgement? They actually allowed you to string in sub weapons into combos. It was really interesting and easy to do too.

Yeah, kinda like that but take it even further but changing the details of the sub-weapon based on where in the combo it happens to really provide a lot of interesting ways of using them.

And then if they want to actually DO something SUBSTANTIAL to please the old school players add a mode where you can use the various sub-weapon effects at will a'la Maxim/Julius. Hell, make it a relic you can turn on and off.

Has there been any indication that we will be able to fight against Zobek, in MoF or in LOS2?

Nothing other than the "secret ending" in LoS1 that suggests there's been a conflict Between him and Zobek for a long time. I don't think Zobek has even been mentioned, so I'm expecting him to show up in the most cliche Hollywood manner imaginable in both titles.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:49:04 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2901 on: June 13, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
This is also equally lame.
Lame - is judging something, when we haven't see anything about it at all. That's lame.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2902 on: June 13, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »
So a little birdy on our favorite imageboard said that Gabriel's segment in Mirror of Fate was originally part of the DLC for Lords of Shadow and would have been a direct lead in to the 3DS game. But then Konami ordered them to cut it to cash in on the DLC craze, resulting in a rushed and shortened DLC. However it wasn't a chunk of the original game.

Also, Gabriel's part will be the "Give you a taste of power before nerfing you" moment but it would seem that it does take place directly after the Resurrection DLC.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2903 on: June 13, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »
So a little birdy on our favorite imageboard said that Gabriel's segment in Mirror of Fate was originally part of the DLC for Lords of Shadow and would have been a direct lead in to the 3DS game.

That would make perfect sense since on the World Map, there's another unclickable chapter after the Resurrection DLC...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2904 on: June 13, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
So there's 2 playable belmonts, and a quick Dracula teaser as a prologue.

So much for four playable characters, though I guess I'm relieved. Developing 4 characters over 20 hours could have been a nightmare

Offline BingleGod

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2905 on: June 13, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
+2
Quote from: Sumac
It is only logical to take it as separate version of the CV series.

I agree that it is a separate version of the series. That's not my point.
Re-read my post, I guess.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2906 on: June 14, 2012, 03:32:14 AM »
+1
Gabriel was using crimson lighting (+1 for whoever gets that reference) on his enemies
Oh man, the memories. :)

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2907 on: June 14, 2012, 04:39:58 AM »
+1
Understandable and logical.

It is only logical [...]

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #2908 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
Lame - is judging something, when we haven't see anything about it at all. That's lame.

Except that I'm saying the concept of the third character being Gabriel in light of all the hype of there being 3 Belmonts to play as who all have been stated to use the same sort of weapon is lame. I haven't spoken about the execution of it at all since all we have to far is game play of Trevor.

And...

So there's 2 playable belmonts, and a quick Dracula teaser as a prologue.

So much for four playable characters, though I guess I'm relieved. Developing 4 characters over 20 hours could have been a nightmare

This makes it even more lame. Now Cox looks like more of a Spin Doctor getting us excited for a 3rd playable character that is little more than a tease.

I hope that Gabriel is just the completion of the previous DLC plans as stated and not the actual third character... but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:53:30 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2909 on: June 14, 2012, 10:20:35 AM »
Except that I'm saying the concept of the third character being Gabriel in light of all the hype of there being 3 Belmonts to play as who all have been stated to use the same sort of weapon is lame.
Once again - we haven't seen HOW Simon, Trevor and Gabriel fight. We don't know nothing at all about how they will use their weapon, even if it the same sort of weapon. If / When they will show gameplay, where all three characters have the same / very similar gameplay - OK, hate for your heart content. I, most likely, will be disagree with that, but at least you would have a actual complaint instead of knee-jerk overreaction based on nothing, but rumors. But until we haven't seen anything, making statements like that is lame.

@The Silverlord
Yes, it is better to think with logic rather than with fanboish spinal cord.
If things are different, then they were before, epsecially then they were in your childhood, it doesn't make them automatically worse. People need to widen they scope to appreciate new posibilities, even if they different. Hive mind thriving on the past - is the horrible thing.

Tags: .....? 

anything