Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849036 times)

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3391 on: July 25, 2012, 04:15:15 AM »
Has this been posted?
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/07/24/castlevania-producer-talks-lords-of-shadow-2-and-mirror-of-fate.aspx

Although you play as four specific characters, the player does not choose which character he/she plays and you don't necessarily play those characters in chronological order either.

So, we'll be switching whatever character we're playing as or whatever storyline we're playing by how the game wants?

It'll be confusing if the game's own timeline won't be following itself.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3392 on: July 25, 2012, 04:29:10 AM »
Interesting interview.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3393 on: July 25, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »
+4
Good interview, but it's pretty dumb that Cox thinks Lords is less of a depature from the old series than Symphony was. I wish he would just stop saying Lords is "returning to the roots" and stick to his old story about how it's going to be completely different. He really should make up his mind about that.       

But whatever, he said himself it's all a matter of perception.

Offline BHunter1794

• Looking forward to play the DS CV titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3394 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
From what I've seen, this title looks really promising!
next gen gaming is going to suck!

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #3395 on: July 25, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
+1
Good interview, but it's pretty dumb that Cox thinks Lords is less of a depature from the old series than Symphony was.

Same. I wish he'd stop saying stuff like this:

If you grew up with Symphony of the Night and those games, I can quite easily see that what we did was a big departure for you but, if you are of a certain age and grew up with the classic games, I think you would see that our take on the Castlevania mythology is closer to those classic games I grew up on.

That is simply not true.  My first four Castlevanias were Castlevania, Simon's Quest, SCIV, and Bloodlines. The combat, music, many of the monster choices, puzzles, platforming, and lack of series staples in LoS... DEFINITELY not classic.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:40:44 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3396 on: July 26, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »
He's maybe talking about MoF and LoS2's bestiaries.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3397 on: July 26, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »
+1
DEFINITELY not classic.
In atmosphere it was closer to classic, IMO.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3398 on: July 26, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
+2
Personally, I think it was everything but the atmosphere. Not even in Carmilla's castle.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3399 on: July 26, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
+3
In atmosphere it was closer to classic, IMO.
I disagree. IMO, it felt more like it's own thing, just like SotN(and IGA's castletroids) felt like it's own thing(as did the N64 CVs).

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3400 on: July 26, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »
+2
I personally thought the way the games felt (atmosphere included) has changed SEVERAL times throughout the series.

Castlevania, Castlevania II, and Castlevania III all had similar atmosphere.

But I felt The Adventure and Belmont's Revenge were different, and kinda felt like typical GameBoy games.

Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, Dracula X and The Adventure ReBirth all felt really poppy to me.

Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania 64, and Legacy of Darkness all had REALLY dark tones to them.

All Metroidvanias except Circle of the Moon felt the same to me.

Circle and Lords of Shadow have their own little feel to them.

Just my thoughts.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3401 on: July 26, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
I personally thought the way the games felt (atmosphere included) has changed SEVERAL times throughout the series.

Castlevania, Castlevania II, and Castlevania III all had similar atmosphere.

But I felt The Adventure and Belmont's Revenge were different, and kinda felt like typical GameBoy games.

Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, Dracula X and The Adventure ReBirth all felt really poppy to me.

Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania 64, and Legacy of Darkness all had REALLY dark tones to them.

All Metroidvanias except Circle of the Moon felt the same to me.

Circle and Lords of Shadow have their own little feel to them.

Just my thoughts.
This is pretty much how I see it.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3402 on: July 26, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
+1
A little Q&A interview with Enric Alvarez

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-24-enric-alvarez-mercury-rising

Nothing new regarding MoF or LOS2 but still a nice read.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3403 on: July 26, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
I said right when I started playing LoS that it felt like a new-gen CVII/CVIII. Like basically if you took CVII/III and put them into a big new 3D environment you'd have LoS. If you take the multiple locations, pathways and characters in those games, plus the way you have to travel all over a huge area before ever reaching the castle...it just kind of made parallel sense to me. JMHO of course but I always got an "updated" CVII/III vibe from LoS, which is certainly not a bad thing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:24:56 PM by Thunderbrand »
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3404 on: July 26, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »
Ehh, not so much CV2, Lords really had no branching paths that i remember. None which joined back up anyway. maybe 2 or 3, in the early areas, (I recall at least 1 in the swamps) but most branching paths just led to some goodies and then you had to trek back to the main path. But I see what you mean as far as starting far away from the castle and working your way there. SOmething which SClV did too. (and Bloodlines to an extent, though its a bit different there as you dont actually end up in Castle Dracula- opposite- you START there.)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: .....?