Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848785 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3960 on: October 31, 2012, 01:57:23 PM »
Mathias/Dracula: Expert tactician and high level sorcerer of the dark arts that rarley get's into close quarters combat.

Gabriel/Dracula: Skilled warrior and wielder of a massive amount of dark energy and magic that always get's into close quarters combat.

Two Dracula's with different upbringing and ways to deal with their enemies. So it shouldn't be a total shock that they fight differently with all things considered.

Well that's my take on it at least. *shrugs*

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3961 on: October 31, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »
+1
I don't know, he doesn't feel like ANY Dracula, CV or non-CV(well, maybe a bit like Blade Trinity ;D).

While I have to admit, MercSteam actually got the classic CV atmosphere perfectly as far as art direct and location design, the video has me laughing a bit with some of what they show:

Intense Whip Combat.... AKA Monsters that just don't die and barrels that just don't break!

Extreme Platforming.... AKA Extreme shimmying, climbing, swinging and sliding.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3962 on: October 31, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
Small press release

The epic Nintendo 3DS™ title tells the story of Simon and Trevor Belmont (voiced by Alec Newman and Richard Madden respectively), both descendants of Gabriel Belmont (voiced by Robert Carlyle). Gabriel has returned as a powerful vampire called Dracula, threatening to destroy the brotherhood and anyone who stands against him.

Strange they left out a certain someone hmmm.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3963 on: October 31, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
Quote from: Kingshango
After 25 years of seeing him teleport+fireball/meteor shot, it does seem different to see him fight man to man.

OoE Dracula was different than the rest too

And it's nice that my theory of Dracula being able to conjure up weapons is correct.

in case anyone forgot, he stole that ability from The Forgotton One  :P

Offline Wonrei

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3964 on: October 31, 2012, 05:02:18 PM »
+1
Small press release

Strange they left out a certain someone hmmm.

Nah, he's there and you know it

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3965 on: October 31, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »
+1
Certainly gonna be an interesting Dracula fight, that's for sure. he can conjure weapons, meaning not only will he have that sword we see, but he has the red shadow whip too, along with other vampire powers and whatever other powers he gained from TFO.

Also, I lol'd at Enough talk, have at you. He said it in (resurrection was it?) against TFO, and here he goes again, this time in a decidedly more Dracula way.
Mathias/Dracula: Expert tactician and high level sorcerer of the dark arts that rarley get's into close quarters combat.

Gabriel/Dracula: Skilled warrior and wielder of a massive amount of dark energy and magic that always get's into close quarters combat.

Two Dracula's with different upbringing and ways to deal with their enemies. So it shouldn't be a total shock that they fight differently with all things considered.

Well that's my take on it at least. *shrugs*

Also, dont forget: One was from a noble family, and was even a Lord, (along with Leon, who was a Baron) and therefore, as Dracula, was a nobleman lord of the castle. He sits on his throne, (seeming kinda bored, if you ask me, but after all, LoI DID say that eternal life was boring to Vampires) and only gets his hands dirty when he absolutely must. His journey to becoming Dracula was essentially, a master strategy of betrayal involving using his knowledge of the dark arts to steal a Vampire's soul by playing his best friend into defeating him first, so he could utilize what was essentially a philosopher's stone to absorb it and transform.

The other was a bastard child abandoned on a church step, and brought up as a soldier of the church. But nothing glamorous or anything, he was, before LoS, essentially just another Brotherhood soldier. So as Dracula, he is a warlord, who is more than willing to enter the fray himself in the front lines, and lay down his wrath. His journey to becoming Dracula, was being driven by grief and false hopes and promises to becoming an above Human warrior of God, infused with potent magical artifacts and ever improving combat ability, besting Satan "the Dragon" himself in combat, and upon being transformed into a Vampire, absorbing the power of an ancient and supremely powerful demon.

TL;DR, he became a superhuman warrior of God and then fell from grace through vampirism and absorbed a demon's powers.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:13:29 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3966 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
+1
The game is running at 15 fps...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3967 on: November 01, 2012, 06:37:29 AM »
The game is running at 15 fps...

When the 3D is turned off even. FPS drops on the 3DS with it on.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3968 on: November 01, 2012, 10:58:23 PM »
Dracula up and personal more than ever. No ho ho ho I shoot fireballs and disappear like a prick just to get a cheap hit on you I like it. But if there is one thing I want from Gabriel is that he should use a spear I mean he is a up and close Dracula why not use one?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3969 on: November 02, 2012, 05:19:56 AM »
I know it may sound blasphemous to most people here, and it is just my opinion, so don't kill me, but I think this looks better than SotN. There just seems to be so much more to this game, better combat, better exploration. I can't wait to play this.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3970 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52:26 AM »
+3
I remember people saying the same thing right before OoE came out. And AoS. And DoS. So saying "[new cv game] is looking better than almighty Symphony!" is nothing new

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3971 on: November 02, 2012, 06:55:13 AM »
+2
Those whole 2 minutes of footage look better than SotN? Wow!

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3972 on: November 02, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »
Some new screens have come out too:

Game still looks gorgeous, but the proof will be in the pudding (gameplay) . . .

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3973 on: November 02, 2012, 07:25:13 AM »
The pictures don't load for me.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Tags: .....? 

anything