Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848819 times)

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4395 on: February 02, 2013, 11:40:52 PM »
We really haven't seen shit about this game and it's due in 4 weeks.

I smell a stinker.

Honestly, I never saw commericals for LOS and still havent seen much for LOS2. It seems that LOS itself isnt markated that well. Yet I have all the DLC and the game. So I have hopes for it.
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4396 on: February 03, 2013, 05:57:39 AM »
The castlevania series does not have much commercials. It just propagates by word of mouth.

Regarding the Trevor-Alucard thing,
(click to show/hide)
Oh boy, i suppose we just have to wait for the game to come out then all the spoilers would rush out.  ;D

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4397 on: February 03, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
The only (official) thing so far is that a spanish magazine confirmed that Alucard is the vampire son of Dracula and like in SOTN, he rebelled against his father to aid the Belmonts. Who he really is and whether he's actually half vampire is still unknown.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:37:01 AM by Kingshango »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4398 on: February 03, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »
It is known that Alucard is a vampire. Read this:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Castlevania%3A+Lords+of+Shadow+-+Mirror+of+Fate/news.asp?c=48117

I think the theory that Trevor becomes Alucard is fading.
Remember from LOS1, one must willingly accept vampirism in order to be turned.
I don't see Dracul willingly turning Trevor into a vampire, nor do I see Trevor willingly becoming a vampire.

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4399 on: February 03, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
+3
We really haven't seen shit about this game and it's due in 4 weeks.

I smell a stinker.

If you take a look in Konami's PR office, you'll find maybe a few roaches, overturned desks, flaming trash barrels and some squatters who will ask for cocaine.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4400 on: February 03, 2013, 07:21:20 PM »
The castlevania series does not have much commercials. It just propagates by word of mouth.
Though, I do have to ask this question, if LoS is an all out attempt to mainstream the CV series, why wouldn't you invest some money in actual advertisements? I see this problem with other reboots too. I mean, if you want to reach a new audience, wouldn't sitting back and relying on "word of mouth" from those already "aware" of the series(hence, fans of the franchise) hinder sales and that reach out to a new demographic? Why don't these companies have the gall to actually invest in promoting this games. Really, it's beyond me. There are so many instances I've come across various gamers, years later, which I introduce them to games that they immediately say, "Man, I never knew this game existed. Had I been made aware, back in the day, I would've TOTALLY bought it!".

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4401 on: February 03, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
Though, I do have to ask this question, if LoS is an all out attempt to mainstream the CV series, why wouldn't you invest some money in actual advertisements? I see this problem with other reboots too. I mean, if you want to reach a new audience, wouldn't sitting back and relying on "word of mouth" from those already "aware" of the series(hence, fans of the franchise) hinder sales and that reach out to a new demographic? Why don't these companies have the gall to actually invest in promoting this games. Really, it's beyond me. There are so many instances I've come across various gamers, years later, which I introduce them to games that they immediately say, "Man, I never knew this game existed. Had I been made aware, back in the day, I would've TOTALLY bought it!".

Right if mof does not have commercials than I see it not doing as well as say fire emblem getting that tomrrow as soon as I get out of class and you know what mof looks like one of the better looking 3ds games so why not get behind it konami?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4402 on: February 04, 2013, 03:19:25 AM »
Simon Belmont's segment of the game now appears to be up on IGN UK ("kicking off three days of exclusive footage")

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/04/castlevania-mirror-of-fate-exclusive-gameplay-commentary

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4404 on: February 04, 2013, 04:36:22 AM »
Wow the physics on the axe subweapon look laughably bad
and the fact that the story is going to be told backwards makes me certain they are planning another twist.
I really liked the cutscene though and how you are required to move objects and hit switches etc

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #4405 on: February 04, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »
That's not Castlevania's Axe, you never throw them horizontally!!

But I'm suprised to the fact that you can actually swim. Does it mean there is going to be enemies underwater?
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4406 on: February 04, 2013, 04:46:29 AM »
I just love Simon Belmont's overall design, the scarred face too.

Since Sypha doesn't seem to be shown being killed I suspect there might be more tragic implications for Simon.

Ergo, boss fight.

Mere speculation however.

Also

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389154/castlevania-dev-would-absolutely-consider-mirror-of-fate-hd/

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:58:35 AM by Akuma »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4407 on: February 04, 2013, 05:11:38 AM »
Getting this out there before the game's release: I'm going to place my money on Alucard being Trevor's half brother. I'm suprised nobody considered that possibility before.   

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4408 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:41 AM »
Haven't watched the whole video, but i like what i have seen, it brings back the feeling of horror, hat classic Castlevania games had or similar games and i'll have to agree that the way you are throwing the axe, is weird.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4409 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:30 AM »
I just love Simon Belmont's overall design, the scarred face too.

Since Sypha doesn't seem to be shown being killed I suspect there might be more tragic implications for Simon.

Ergo, boss fight.

Mere speculation however.

Also

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389154/castlevania-dev-would-absolutely-consider-mirror-of-fate-hd/

Great news, now I don't even have to consider buying a 3ds again (1st one was stolen)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: .....?