Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848647 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5310 on: March 11, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
No need for imagination here...

Super Mario Brothers Trailer
Somewhat more dark, though not necessarily grounded in reality too much. Then again, approaching heavy fantasy back then(80s and early 90s) was FAR different than how fantasy is approached now. Back then, even if they tried to establish a realistic fantasy, it still came off as somewhat "offbeat". Burton's Batman movies are a great example of that(though, Burton's movies through that era, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, were all ripe with that that "offbeat" tone).

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5311 on: March 11, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
No need for imagination here...

Super Mario Brothers Trailer
My God...
I thought about this, but VG movies are usually terrible.
We are lucky people at Nintendo used their brains and never made a game like this movie.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5312 on: March 11, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
+3
I understand that, but it should be so simple...
Just put a Belmont or another hero, who needs to destroy Dracula or some other villain because of whatever reason; then just throw the hero in the castle and its surroundings, put in some new tunes in the vein of CV characteristic music and put some bosses at the end of each stage; in one of the last levels you put Death as a boss, then you arrive to the stairs and fight Dracula or whoever it is... add just a few words when the game begins and another few words when it ends (as in Bloodlines, for example). As that's it.
We don't need more than that. And we don't even need ALL that.
They can release a game like Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth every year and that would be more than enough for me and a lot of fans.

But of course! I quoted myself because I'm getting tired of having -1 in respectful posts that just express my opinion.

Do I have to say "MercurySteam rules!, Mirror of Fate is awesome!, MetroidVanias and ClassicVanias are things from the past" for people to like it?
Forget it. I am who I am.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5313 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »
But of course! I quoted myself because I'm getting tired of having -1 in respectful posts that just express my opinion.

Do I have to say "MercurySteam rules!, Mirror of Fate is awesome!, MetroidVanias and ClassicVanias are things from the past" for people to like it?
Forget it. I am who I am.

That's the spirit! Defend your beliefs to the end!

In my opinion, all vanias have their flaws and shining moments. I just hope the legacy of the series would not be damaged by any new version and divide the fanbase even further.

Can't we all just remember and respect the past while looking towards the future with hope?

I am thinking (dreaming, perhaps) maybe they can make a classicvania/metroidvania along side the newer renditions of castlevania, then let the fans decide on what they want to buy.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5314 on: March 12, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »
+8
I got blocked by Cox on Twitter apperently because I tweeted "liar, liar pants on fire" as a reply to that tweet where he said Alucard wasn't Trevor. But I was obviously just joking.

:(

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5315 on: March 12, 2013, 02:01:36 AM »
+1
I got blocked by Cox on Twitter apperently because I tweeted "liar, liar pants on fire" as a reply to that tweet where he said Alucard wasn't Trevor. But I was obviously just joking.

Cox is a bitter person.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5316 on: March 12, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »

Was it worth it, though?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
  • In the shadows, lurks redemption
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5317 on: March 12, 2013, 04:20:57 AM »
Cox should stay off twitter and allow a lackey to handle it. He's great for interviews, previews, and such. But when it comes to twitter and other social media, he does drop the ball. Then again, if iga was as frequent to such sites and was constantly bombarded with questions, he'd likely be a bit sour as well, but I digress.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5318 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:07 AM »

Not surprised one bit.

+1 for your troubles.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5319 on: March 12, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »
+1
Cox should stay off twitter and allow a lackey to handle it. He's great for interviews, previews, and such. But when it comes to twitter and other social media, he does drop the ball. Then again, if iga was as frequent to such sites and was constantly bombarded with questions, he'd likely be a bit sour as well, but I digress.
For something like that, you really need a good PR person who can handle disgruntled fans. Throwing tantrums like Chris Brown doesn't score you points. It's times like that, you REALLY need someone with customer service skills:

[Ranting fanboy]
"Hey, y ur games SUCK HARD?!"

[CSR]
"Oh, we are so sorry you feel that way. Please look forward to our next game and thank you for your comment!".

In fact, handling people with such tact can also prove to be the ultimate "booyeah". It's like, in the most irrational customer, you still can smile and keep your calm. You hold a will to keep a rational and calm demeanor while the customers are ranting irrationally. It shows you are in charge and you can take the abuse without breaking.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #5320 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »
Nothing regarding the OST rip?  :rollseyes:
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5321 on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
+3
That's the spirit! Defend your beliefs to the end!

In my opinion, all vanias have their flaws and shining moments. I just hope the legacy of the series would not be damaged by any new version and divide the fanbase even further.

Can't we all just remember and respect the past while looking towards the future with hope?

I am thinking (dreaming, perhaps) maybe they can make a classicvania/metroidvania along side the newer renditions of castlevania, then let the fans decide on what they want to buy.
Thanks! That's all I ask. A little downloadable game with 6 stages, sprites and new CV typical music. At this point, that's my only wish.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5322 on: March 12, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
+2
Gotta admit. Cox doesn't handle PR well. Too emotionally invested. Get a PR guy who can say "oh Im not involved with the dev stuff so I can't say, because I don't know"

I get that Cox likes to try and throw people off by lying, but it doesn't come off too well when he says "Trevor is not Alucard" and then Trevor IS Alucard. :P

srsly Cox. I like you. But get a PR guy to handle twitter fan responses.

A little downloadable game with 6 stages, sprites and new CV typical music. At this point, that's my only wish.
As much as I would love to see a downloadable 2D CV again, (handdrawn sprites would be sweet) Im also conflicted about CV ending up where it was before. I think that CV has had a great time in 2D, but it REALLY needs to have more 3D adventures. It needs to make up lost time on that front.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:11:04 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5323 on: March 12, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
+1

Meh, don't worry about it, Nagumo.  Cox is rather childish it seems when he's called out on anything.  I'm not surprised at all he can't take a simple joke.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5324 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »
+1
Meh, don't worry about it, Nagumo.  Cox is rather childish it seems when he's called out on anything.  I'm not surprised at all he can't take a simple joke.

It's probably he would just rather not deal with people nagging him or annoying him about things like that. I assume he's a busy guy and doesn't have time for things like that. I don't blame him!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Tags: .....? 

anything