Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849084 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5490 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »
Oh shit, I saw it. Wow. I never noticed it.

To clarify, it is not plainly visible. It's still Gabe's image in the reflection, but you see the trenchcoat veeeery lightly superimposed in top of him the moment he walks into the Mirror.

WOW. What an eye.
WHY CAN I NOT GIVE YOU ALL THE +1'S

EDIT:

Check it. It's true. It's not just a trick of the light. Check round his legs. You sneaky, MS.

The question is however, did Gabriel see it? Or not notice it?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:49:16 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5491 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48:18 PM »
The bottom line in this entire story is that there are no real heroes in this story, only jerks.

At least Trevor tried to go against the grain, unfortunately that didn't end well.

Edit: Wow I can't believe I never caught that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:54:08 PM by Kingshango »

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5492 on: March 20, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »
+2
It just takes an old trained eye from being a fan from the series starting from the NES days to really see what is going on. You just need to understand the old storyline very carefully and observe the new one carefully :P I've put over 200+ hours of LoS, observing its storyline, reading all the bios of the monsters/characters and putting the pieces together through the journal entries.

Yes, Zobek is IN fact Death, he is not a Necromancer. Hence why Baba is hunting him down!

LoS's storyline is very deep and interesting, when you let go of all the GoW hate...etc...etc. You will see LoS is a true Castlevania title and deserves the name. I just find it funny that when we are finally given a deep complex plot and storyline, everyone shit a brick. :P Unlike the old time line/IGA games, haven't we been begging for a deep storyline for a CV title? I'm telling you guys, this is it.

Again - pure speculation ----

Now, don't hold this against me - but I have been a Konami fan since a whee lil' lad.  Metal Gear,...etc...etc. The thing is,  when Hideo Kojima got involved with this project - you people must understand that Kojima is chuck full of surprises and tricks. And because of this, I honestly don't think this is a 'reboot', I think the 1999 game is coming - just we are being blind sided by Cox's lies...etc.  If this isn't it, then oh well - we are being give a deep and tragic storyline that I think every Castlevania fan is going to love and cry over after we finally see the true fate of our most beloved bad ass.

I mean c'mon, why ELSE would they be hinting that Julius Belmont may make a return in LoS2?

@Flame - According to Cox: Gabriel SAW his fate before he stepped into the mirror, He KNEW what he was getting himself into regardless. Hence in the trailer for LoS2 "I am the dragon, Dracul - I AM the Prince of Darkness, THAT is my vengeance!"

The whole sole purpose why this Dracula is at War with God and humanity is because...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:06:36 PM by jestercolony »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5493 on: March 20, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
I just hope we don't get Gabriel to redempt himself in the end of LoS2.

Make him win and destroy the humanity.

And make something like Julius Mode, where you play the game with Julius Belmont/Alucard and destroy Dracula for eternity.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5494 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:40 PM »
Ehhh I think if MS wanted to include such a teaser then it would've been a lil more obvious than a slightly-imposed trenchcoat that you have to squint real hard & look at the right time for half a second, but that's just me. Not like it matters now anyway. (and in that screenshot Flame posted, if it is indeed what jestercolony's suggesting, Gabriel's reflection's gauntlets would be red to match the rest of his outfit, like they are in MoF/LoS2. However, they're still gray)

I'm sure if you'll bring this to Cox's attention he'll just say something sly like "perhaps.." so who knows if that was intentional or not. Good theory/speculation tho!  ;)

btw I think Cox also said that "1999 is IGA's story, he should be the one to tell it" in a recent interview. But I still think the "present time" epilogue in LoS is this universe's "1999," though we still can't 100% confirm what year the epilogue/LoS2 actually takes place. It could be 2013 for all we know  ;)

edit: @jestercolony btw you said "Dracula resurrects every 100 years according to Cox." However in the LoS2 teaser, he clearly states "after centuries of sleep, of complete nothingness, I have returned." So he must have been dormant for at least 200 years prior to his reawakening in present times. Unless you're implying that he doesn't remember he was still active in the 19th or whatever century & he just has a terrible sense of time?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:20:40 PM by crisis »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5495 on: March 20, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
+1
Im all for Gabriel taking over humanity and enslaving the Earth.

But we all know that he's gonna get redeemed.

And yes Crisis is right, the modern era in Lords of Shadow 2 is based on our present time unless iPhones were available in 1999.  But then again who am I to judge on historical accuracy in a Castlevania game.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5496 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35:16 PM »
and in that screenshot Flame posted, if it is indeed what jestercolony's suggesting, Gabriel's reflection's gauntlets would be red to match the rest of his outfit
It is very lightly superimposed, and the whole mirror is red. It isnt present enough to change the very light color of his gauntlets. The trenchcoat itself is barely visible.

But then again who am I to judge on historical accuracy in a Castlevania game.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5497 on: March 20, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
You guys I swear. How do you find stuff like this.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5498 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
+1
edit: @jestercolony btw you said "Dracula resurrects every 100 years according to Cox." However in the LoS2 teaser, he clearly states "after centuries of sleep, of complete nothingness, I have returned." So he must have been dormant for at least 200 years prior to his reawakening in present times. Unless you're implying that he doesn't remember he was still active in the 19th or whatever century & he just has a terrible sense of time?

Alright, let me explain again - is was stated in the original lore that Dracula resurrects every 100 year with no memory (This has something to do with some sort of CVIV reference guide book.), until he begins to sense the Belmont bloodline, is then that all things are recollected. "After Centuries of sleep", you must keep in mind, that even Cox has stated that there is a 1,000 year of history branch - and has stated that he does resurrect every 100 years, which means that the Belmont blood line has been there, always to put him back to sleep. But this is out of pure speculation, it may be in fact that he has been asleep all these years, but since we do not know the actual detail of the time-line we are not certain yet. But Cox has stated that there is a 1,000 year time line before the fight with devil himself and that it is up to other developers after this final show down is finished, that these 'holes' can be filled.

I will do some digging to find all the information soon and will probably make a new forum post about it when I have gathered all the resources and links and such.

You guys I swear. How do you find stuff like this.

...We are nerds...its what we do! ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:26:00 PM by jestercolony »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5499 on: March 20, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »
+3
And yes Crisis is right, the modern era in Lords of Shadow 2 is based on our present time unless iPhones were available in 1999.  But then again who am I to judge on historical accuracy in a Castlevania game.

Yes, in CV they are REALLY ahead of the time.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5500 on: March 20, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »

Yes, Zobek is IN fact Death, he is not a Necromancer. Hence why Baba is hunting him down!

LoS's storyline is very deep and interesting, when you let go of all the GoW hate...etc...etc. You will see LoS is a true Castlevania title and deserves the name. I just find it funny that when we are finally given a deep complex plot and storyline, everyone shit a brick. :P Unlike the old time line/IGA games, haven't we been begging for a deep storyline for a CV title? I'm telling you guys, this is it.

You know, LoS DLC I would have been VERY interested in would be playing as Zobek, sort of an RE4 Separate Ways type thing to show us what he's doing while Gabriel is traipsing around. I want this mostly because I think Baba Yaga deserved at least a cool boss fight before being bodied. Even Pan got that much.

Where I heavily disagree though is that LoS has a deep and complex story line (at least so far). Sure, there's a lot more foreshadowing towards certain events, and sure, LoS's budget allows for better voice actors, but otherwise I don't really find it any better or worse than most of IGA's plots (LoS even has the atypical "friend helps you, then is actually betraying you" IGA plotline, maybe with one or two more layers). And after a certain point (Chapter 1-2) I found Patrick Stewart's monologues to be monotonous and redundant.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5501 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »
Still waiting for Zobek Mode, MS.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5502 on: March 21, 2013, 01:37:46 AM »
Wow! Thanks jestercolony for the explanations, they really make sense.

Im all for Gabriel taking over humanity and enslaving the Earth.
But we all know that he's gonna get redeemed.

I just hope they don't go on the redemption mode, or reincarnate him into Soma.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5503 on: March 21, 2013, 02:38:20 AM »
I don't see anything unusual about the reflection.  I think what you're seeing is the reflection starting to ripple as Gabriel touches the mirror.  It's such an incredibly quick shot anyway, I doubt they would have intended for anyone to notice this if it's so hard to spot even when you're looking for it.

If anybody wants to judge for themselves, the video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWpjbZ_6QM.  The shot in question is at the 9:40 mark.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5504 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:05 AM »
doesn't look like a ripple to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if thry have the whole story worked out since los. I found the random ass mirror odd first time through los. surprise, it's a plot device

Tags: .....?