Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SIN AND PUNISHMENT!!  (Read 12125 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: October 01, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/01/sin-and-punishment-and-smb-lost-levels-on-virtual-console/
It's actually out in America for Virtual Console...when I don't have my Wii up at college...
...its ok, though, I'll go home on the weekend.
$12...$2 more than usual, but hell, knowing Treasure and seeing the game, I'd pay more than that, even.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:22:19 AM »
If they're translating games, maybe we still get a shot at Gradius II
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: SIN AND PUNISHMENT!!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
S&P but no Goldeneye

LULZ.

Actually, if they included online multiplayer for GE...wow...that'd be worth the price of admission even for those who still have our original copies.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
In Reply To #3

Im pretty sure we wont see Goldeneye on the virtual console because it was made by Rare which is now owned by Microsoft.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »
In Reply To #3

Im pretty sure we wont see Goldeneye on the virtual console because it was made by Rare which is now owned by Microsoft.
As was Donkey Kong Country and it's sitting pretty on the virtual console.

The problem with Goldeneye is the Bond license, which I think is held by EA at the moment. Capcom did release Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the XBox long after they lost the Marvel license though, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 06:41:34 PM »
I'm buying a points card tommorow to snag Sin and Punishment! :)

And with Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA, I couldn't be happier.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:45:04 PM »
I've been wanting to play Sin and Punishment since it came out. Was disappointed it didn't get a US release.

I'll have to get a Wii sometime soon.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 10:58:59 PM »
I just downloaded it today.

AWESOME game! Controls are a bit wonky (fire with L-shoulder, aim with left joystick, move left/right with D-Pad) but it's amazing!

I'm normally not a shooter/shmup fan but this one's got me hooked!

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 02:29:35 AM »
What? Now Dostoevsky has a 3D shoot-them-up video game as well? That player!   ::)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »
I just downloaded it today.

AWESOME game! Controls are a bit wonky (fire with L-shoulder, aim with left joystick, move left/right with D-Pad) but it's amazing!

How does that even work? I guess i would have to try it out later.

I never heard of this game before...but it's treasure so that means its awesome. (the vid from the link looked awesome enough anyway.)

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »
Despite wanting the game for 7 or 8 years or whatever, I never did watch any gameplay videos. I want it even more now. It kinda reminds me of Wild Guns, only 3D, and a sci-fi setting with aliens rather than a western setting with robots.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:16:51 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »
Downloaded it today  ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 09:42:53 PM »
It looks.. interesting..

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 07:23:14 AM »

That doesn't sound right. At all. Especially since a friend of mine told me you can use either joystick. And you need the R button to jump.

I've decided to buy a Wii soon along with a Classic Controller and this game. I want to play it so bad. :o I just wish we had gotten it for N64, because I imagine it would have played marvelously on that controller.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
In Reply To #14

Can you not emulate it? I mean theres near perfect n64 emulation and sure it may not be in english but if its that good a game theres probably fan translations like for dozens of other games.

EDIT: Matter of fact heres a link to the fan translation hack all youd have to do is find the rom.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/03/sin-and-punishment-n64-translation.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:07:07 AM by Aridale »

Tags: