Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Super Mario Galaxy
« on: October 29, 2007, 05:58:25 AM »
The game's on the demo unit at the store I work at, and we have Wii tethers on the nunchuk and wiimote so people can actually play it. I played some while I was off the clock, and watched others play it. Gotta say, this game looks amazing.

First of all, the soundtrack. Fully orchestrated, and if it's synth, they must be using some of the stuff ZREO is using or something. Beautiful soundtrack. Lots of trips back to old NES songs like the Airship theme from Mario 3.

Graphics are frickin' sweet. They easily rival Corruption. Of course the colors are the bright, classic bold colors of Mario, but there's no other way to describe some of the major cutscenes except "Awesome". Gameplay graphics are pretty friggin sweet, too.

Won't say much bout the story other than Bowser's gotten creative at how he's kidnapping Peach.

Gameplay's pretty nice, too. Easy controls, enough so that any customer coming in has been able to pick it up and play it with little problems at all. The moveset is similar to Mario 64 and then some. There's spin attacks, you have a star gun, walk on walls, etc.

All in all, I can't say I'm a huge Mario fan. But I gotta get this game.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Super Mario Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 06:32:30 AM »
I don't really like mario but the game does look pretty good. If there wasn't so many other good games coming out I would probably get it.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 07:35:07 AM »
I actually enjoy Mario games a lot, but due to time constrictions, I think I'm going to have to wait till my semesters over...plus, I don't have me Wii up here...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:50:41 AM »
I played it today. Bowser sounds like some kind of demon. Very very fun game.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
I played it too while I was at GameStop the other day. I was just smiling all the way playing it. I can't wait until it comes out two weeks later.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 01:58:11 PM »
I wish I was able to play it.
Dang.
Anyways last friday I got a Wii message from www.miiplaza.net that informed that Super Mario Galaxy had been leaked by a Gamestop employee. It said that the system with the demo game in stores only allows a 10 minute play, but when the disc was taken out, it contains the whole game and can be played on any ordinary Wii.
Lucky fag.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:00:13 PM by New Dracula »

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »
I wish I was able to play it.
Dang.
Anyways last friday I got a Wii message from www.miiplaza.net that informed that Super Mario Galaxy had been leaked by a Gamestop employee. It said that the system with the demo game in stores only allows a 10 minute play, but when the disc was taken out, it contains the whole game and can be played on any ordinary Wii.
Lucky fag.
When I played, I think it was really the whole game than just a demo since I was able to save the game. Demos would only allow you a few minutes of play. It weird that this was the full game than a demo.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »
This is what my Wii bulletin said:

Reports from the NeoGAF forums say that Super Mario Galaxy has been leaked onto the Internet. The leak was reportedly done by an EB Games employee using one of the demo copies found at EB Games stores.

The EB Games demo copies apparently have a ten-minute restriction on them. This ten-minute limit, however, works only with the store's proprietary demo machines. When played on consumer Wiis, the disc actually contains the entire game.

So far, Nintendo hasn't commented on the leak. Suffice to say, they won't be very happy about it, especially with the company's ongoing battle against piracy. The official release of Super Mario Galaxy is currently scheduled for November 12 in North America and November 16 in Europe.

Still...I'm a bit skeptical.

Offline Zer0Tact

• Rags to bitches
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »
If you buy it a Toys R Us you'll get a $25 gift card there, pays for half of another game! Go pre-order there if you haven't already and want this game. If you consider the gift card as a deduction it brings the game down to $25, so this is the cheapest you're getting it for a long time to come.
stupid ass u can't hack or nuthin i got norton.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »
The store I work at doesn't have a demo station; it's a consumer Wii. So customers can play as much as they want, but we have to clear the savefile at the end of the day.

Tags: