Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 'Slash' and 'Cross fear' SNES remix request.  (Read 5366 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
'Slash' and 'Cross fear' SNES remix request.
« on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
Got a request for you Jorge if you can. The two songs from Dracula X: RoB that didn't make it to the SNES port. 'Slash' and 'Cross fear'. I would love to hear how they would sound using that very same synth that they used for SNES CV Dracula X.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: 'Slash' and 'Cross fear' SNES remix request.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »
wrong section to post in

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
I'll have to see if I can find or created the SNES DraculaXX Synth, but it's not impossible.
I've already got both songs done, so it wouldn't be a far stretch to make them sound like the SNES.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »
Huh, ya know this sounds like an interesting idea. I'd also be interested in this.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:33:03 AM »
I tried doing Slash. Some of the instruments aren't straight from DXX, rather, they're generic SNES instruments used in a vast majority of games (strings, etc.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?bwgas6dwj7cz94m
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:58:43 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
I tried doing Slash. Some of the instruments aren't straight from DXX, rather, they're generic SNES instruments used in a vast majority of games (strings, etc.)

Oops! My bad  :-[ I meant 'Op. 13' not 'Slash'. Sorry Jorge.

wrong section to post in

Thanks for moving this Jorge. Yeah it was in the wrong section...my bad 2  :-[

-X
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:00:02 PM by X »
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
We should organize remix/cover/remaster competitions, haha!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
Oops! My bad  :-[ I meant 'Op. 13' not 'Slash'. Sorry Jorge.

Um...I'm not Jorge. I'm Dracula9. 8)

I'll do Opus 13 then. Not that big a deal, really.

EDIT: Here ya go. It's a bit on the bad side, I think. Some of the synths fucked themselves up during the exporting. :/
http://www.mediafire.com/?f34y96029c1ed12
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:23:04 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
Plus, Opus 13 already existed in DraculaXX, it was a tune that played on Stage 5, I believe.
The tunes that didn't make it to the SNES are Richter's Intro, the Boss AnteRoom music (the SNES version is different and way better), Slash (music from Rondo's River stage), Cross a Fear (Rondo's Bridge stage), March of the Holy Man (Richter's ending), and Mary Samba (Maria's ending), plus the cutscene jingles.

Edit:
Dracula9, your MP3 is horribly low in volume.  I can't hear anything even with the thing turned up to max.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:48:15 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
It may not have had March of the Holy Man, but I did enjoy DXX's ending theme.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
Yeah that was a pretty good tune.
The intro to that game is pretty good, music-wise.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
EDIT: Here ya go. It's a bit on the bad side, I think. Some of the synths fucked themselves up during the exporting. :/

That's actually not a bad rendition. It almost sound like this tune came from an earlier Ys game. Definitely has a retro-stylization to it.

-X

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Tags:

anything