Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 217387 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2013, 06:02:44 AM »
I think it's just a matter of assigning my jet ski to its own path, speeding it up to match the background, but keeping the ability to 360 shoot. It shouldn't be too hard. The difference in those vids and mine is it seems that the vehicle motions are either automatic or the vehicle movement also controls the speed of the backgrounds. In mine the backgrounds are own their own separate layers and the vehicle moves independently. I just did the backgrounds to give the illusion of speed while keeping the control entirely to the player. I am sure I could match the vehicle speed up! Thanks for the examples!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
As Jonhy-boy would say, no problem! xD
You're welcome, these are only examples of how much speed each layer could use, like which layer could be the faster and which could be slower. IDK if it helped in something or you already had in mind that.

Yeah, I've noticed that difference, so I was not so sure if these examples could help in something, its the first time that I see this type of level with free movement, without the camera moving forward automatically, so I couldnt find something really good to show.

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
I dont, thanks for introducing me to that, since I love Shinobi but only played some first level of some Shinobi games in friends' houses.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
Vamprotector Cairo Egypt 1 - 2 Alpha

Cairo, Egypt 1-2. Ignore the obvious bugs. I still need to add the traps and enemy placement and such. It ended up being a tad bigger than the concept map, I put up earlier in my thread.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »
Nice stage! My only issue with it is that some of the background is a little too bright and clashes with the foreground. While I was watching the vid I couldn't really tell if it was a solid impassable object or something else. The red backgrounds were fine but those limestone bricks are difficult to tell with.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »
Nice stage! My only issue with it is that some of the background is a little too bright and clashes with the foreground. While I was watching the vid I couldn't really tell if it was a solid impassable object or something else. The red backgrounds were fine but those limestone bricks are difficult to tell with.

You beat me to it, I thought that he entered a wall at this part. Also cool to see a boss door in there, its the first one that I see in your project :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »
You beat me to it, I thought that he entered a wall at this part. Also cool to see a boss door in there, its the first one that I see in your project :P
I changed the gradient so that it's fluent across. The walls are darker now.
Vamprotector: Cairo 1- 2 COLORS ADJUSTED
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:20:38 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »
IMO these colors from the background BG still clash with the front BG.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2013, 07:48:57 AM »
IMO these colors from the background BG still clash with the front BG.
Suggestions? Howz about red like the hiero?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
If they are limestone blocks then they aren't going to have a red hue to them. you can darken them by going more towards the brown spectrum. The blocks you stand on are fine however the ones in the background are still fairly bright so it does lend to the confusion a bit. Darken them a bit more with some washed-out brown hues and see if that changes things.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2013, 12:01:23 PM »
Yeah, try to follow X suggestion, it seems good.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2013, 06:44:30 AM »
If they are limestone blocks then they aren't going to have a red hue to them. you can darken them by going more towards the brown spectrum. The blocks you stand on are fine however the ones in the background are still fairly bright so it does lend to the confusion a bit. Darken them a bit more with some washed-out brown hues and see if that changes things.
Now that's some good feedback. How is this or should I go even darker?

Vamprotector Cairo 1 2 BG COLOR ADJUSTED 2
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »
Yes, that's starting to look a lot better! It doesn't clash with the foreground nearly as much as it used to. Do you think you could darken it just a little more? Not a whole lot but just enough and that should finalize the problem. Great job darkmanx_429  ;)