Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047649 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2640 on: June 23, 2016, 04:23:40 PM »
I still haven't gotten the E-mail.
I did get "Update #40" but no personal E-mail with Steam Download code or anything...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2641 on: June 23, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
Is the music a remix of something from another CV game?  I mean, I guess they probably can't do that though...
It really reminds me of something though...maybe Demon Castle Pinnacle?

The muzak is original, but being Yamane, it certainly does sound similar to some of her other tracks, like Pinnacle.

does anyone know how to get full map in the demo b/c i cant get full map
and im wondering

is full map even possible

I think maybe some areas require a double jump that will come later :o Maybe, we'll see.

I did get "Update #40" but no personal E-mail with Steam Download code or anything...

I think you can check your backer page for the code if you don't have the email. Can you access that? :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2642 on: June 23, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »
We don't know if the music in the demo is Michiru or Jake, do we?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2643 on: June 23, 2016, 08:53:24 PM »
Got my key but since I struggle to find time for actually playing games I'm gonna wait until Saturday night to play.

I'm pretty pumped to say the least. It looks really great!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2644 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:40 PM »

We're sending the demo to anyone who pledged at a $60 tier or higher on any platform and filled out their Fangamer survey by June 13.

Did you fill out that survey? I know I didn't, so that's probably why I don't have mine.  :'(

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #2645 on: June 23, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imTg5jABah8

If anyone is interested, here is my gameplay video with full details of my experience of this particular run in the video description.

Overall, I had a really great three hours with this five to twenty minute long demo.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2646 on: June 24, 2016, 01:20:45 AM »
I made a video of my own, with an emphasis on spotting bugs the folks at the official forums mentioned :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLi5TW5_73A

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2647 on: June 24, 2016, 01:30:05 AM »
BLOODSTAINED IS FUCKING AWESOME

That demo was FANTASTIC. Super on point with everything.

Good. Very Good. I'm hyped.

The update said this: But if you haven't received your key by June 27, send an e-mail to orders@fangamer.com. (If you're eligible to receive the demo, and you filled out your survey, you'll also find it on the backer management page you can reach from your survey link.)

We don't know if the music in the demo is Michiru or Jake, do we?
It sounds Michiru to me. There were some keys where I'm reminded of her other CV tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imTg5jABah8

If anyone is interested, here is my gameplay video with full details of my experience of this particular run in the video description.

Overall, I had a really great three hours with this five to twenty minute long demo.

You did well on your speedrun. :)

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #2648 on: June 24, 2016, 03:19:21 AM »
You did well on your speedrun. :)

Thanks, I tripped at a few places, but I think I did pretty well for only three hours worth of practice.

I'm very happy to support IGA with his project, best game purchase I've made in a long time, and I don't even have the game yet haha

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2649 on: June 24, 2016, 05:30:29 AM »

I'm very happy to support IGA with his project, best game purchase I've made in a long time, and I don't even have the game yet haha
The game is a place inside all of us  ;)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2650 on: June 24, 2016, 06:22:49 AM »

That's pretty much how I felt after playing the demo once.  Then I proceeded to play it again just for the hell of it.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2651 on: June 24, 2016, 10:18:36 AM »
Shard System = a better soul system, Dullahan Shard OP.

Backdash can be canceled with down, only this time it's a faster option of travel (Speedrun senses tingling)

Enemies are great, especially Amy, because it's name it Amy.

Speaking of Enemies..... Only gripe is that the DS formula is being repeated here, After playing some Shantae: Pirate's Curse, I got used to faster, more aggressive enemies, I won't put it past the demo because it is a demo, only to demonstrate what's to come.

Boss is... underwhelming, Don't get me wrong it's good. I'm just tired of the Hit/Dodge on Sponge bosses of the DS games, needs some AoS balancing.

Graphics, 9.5/10, The Models and environment looks rather immersive, Only nit-pick is that weird overhead light that makes Miriam both abnormally brighter than the stage and casts an out of place shadow.

As for a Demo, well.... I LOVE demos it's a great way to invest enough into a game to know if you'll like it.... Unless it's a bad demo (LoS 360 demo, the PC demo made up for it for giving you the first 3 stages)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2652 on: June 24, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »
This thoughts is from : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044304&page=274

My thoughts on the demo:

-I LOVE the animation. The main character moves really nicely and at a great speed. I also want to call out how much I like the way Miriam moves when you go from a stop to changing direction. Its reminds me a lot of the way Alucard moves.

-The jump feels right in regards to the amount of float and how high you can go. I also like that you can easily do little hops that aren't full jumps.

-The backdash maneuver looks cool!

-The level-up animation is nice and I really like how it stops the action for a moment. This is also very much like SOTN and I love it for that.

-The enemy diversity in this small demo was pretty decent. I look forward to seeing tons more in the main game.

-The boat falling apart from crashing waves was neat! I also enjoyed the endlessly spawning enemies there. Again, reminded me of the Mermen from SOTN.

-The music is fantastic. I expected as much, but its really a catchy track that I find myself humming.

-I think the boss design is cool. A She-Beast of the Sea is really a cool idea you don't see a lot of.

-Triggering the cannon with a magic attack was a nice touch. I hope the full game has more moments like this!

Overall, I was VERY impressed with the demo. It feels like this game is on track to be exactly what I was hoping for, which is a game that closely resembles SOTN but has its own distinct look, feel, and sound. Love the setting, love the music, love the enemies, its just love all around. I'm going to go ahead and tack on another pledge so I can get another physical copy.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2653 on: June 24, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
After the debacle of that other recently released game, this game put a big old shit eating grin on my face. ;D

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2654 on: June 24, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
yeah I saw the gameplay too, as I must say it look VERY well made, but I think its going to feel... to samey, as I feel its going to play like SOTN, and I  I may be wrong but I can't see this going past 1 game. I may be wrong but that's what I see
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags: