Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1102002 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1575 on: September 18, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
Fixed Dracula's hand:

And made his remains (free to use by anyone as long as credit is given):

That's bad f*cking @$$!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1576 on: September 19, 2015, 12:35:04 AM »
@plot:
Those remains look so AMAZING!  :o

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1577 on: September 30, 2015, 07:15:32 AM »
+1
Well i been doing something but only a little, this days are really hard and want to do more :(

Edit from Castlevania Rebirth

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1578 on: September 30, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »
Well i been doing something but only a little, this days are really hard and want to do more :(

Nice stuff Jop, looking good. You did the Cornell sprite from scratch?

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1579 on: October 14, 2015, 08:28:48 AM »
Nice stuff Jop, looking good. You did the Cornell sprite from scratch?

Paint only.

This was something i wanted to do, perhaps need more touches but yeah i made my best XD

(click to show/hide)

Some have changes for example Dark Side dosnt point his staff up or the Iron Doll when he lose the armor he dont show his long neck, that was because in the program where i use this creatures i wasnt capable of doing that skills so i changed but yeah you can have an idea of what i changed and what not if you play the game.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1580 on: October 14, 2015, 10:18:16 AM »

You still need to work on studying breathing animations.

As far as spritework itself, all good stuff.

I think at this point, you should do basically what The Plot Twist has been doing with his title, and make a mock up game from scratch. You have come a long way on improving your skills and it's looking really good at this point.

You should make a story, and plot a game on a thread. Maybe a programmer will see your stuff and then pick it up to be turned into an actual fan-game.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1581 on: October 14, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »
I think at this point, you should do basically what The Plot Twist has been doing with his title, and make a mock up game from scratch. You have come a long way on improving your skills and it's looking really good at this point.

You should make a story, and plot a game on a thread. Maybe a programmer will see your stuff and then pick it up to be turned into an actual fan-game.

No i dont want to make story i want to help programers that need someone to come true his games or projects, im helping a little in 1 project, 1 i make a lot of works and other that i think the project its dead, it will be good to make a game but i will left that for later perhaps the people that im helping some day tell me if i want to make something or have an idea of a new game then i can think of that.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1582 on: October 20, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »
This was something i made a long time ago thinking it will be cool to have a better version of Order of Shadow, some moves needs fix and all the weapons are from the original game but yeah you can see all i made and my friend helps me a lot in this:
(click to show/hide)

Dont remember if i show this, if i make that sorry.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #1583 on: October 20, 2015, 07:37:47 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first actual attempt at a sprite, let alone an animation lol, so be merciful lol.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1584 on: October 20, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first actual attempt at a sprite, let alone an animation lol, so be merciful lol.

The only complain i have its the lower part in the foots, why he moves that part like he is in the air? or he is in water? move the legs but not the foot since that part touch the ground after that i see a great work

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1585 on: October 20, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »

If he's supposed to be idling inside water, then it's nice. Anything else and I'll have to say it looks pretty weird.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #1586 on: October 20, 2015, 08:11:17 PM »
Thanks for the input guys lol.  Yeah the feet are something i was having problems with, the animation is 20 frames long so it's sped up a good bit in my game engine so it looks more natural, but i've started working on his walking as well and found out how to fix the feet problem lol.  I think the biggest thing that can fix him would be to have his knees bend more and his feet either still or shifting up and down like Richter/Trevors stances are.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1587 on: October 21, 2015, 02:15:06 AM »
Just an announcement. Please join the October 2015 Castlevania Dungeon Sprite Contest
Deadline for entries: October 28th (11:59 PM PST)
Beginners are welcome.
D9 will automatically win if no one joins and I would have to suspend the contest again.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1588 on: October 21, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
Ok guys, tell me if you like this one better than the previous one:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:11:49 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1589 on: October 21, 2015, 10:53:48 PM »
It kinda looks like a zombified Grant, I mean if that's what you're aiming for. Question, do you really need 20 frames for a stance animation alone?