Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Godzilla and other kaiju  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »
So, who else here like Godzilla, or other giant monsters like Gamera, Rodan, Mothra, what have you?

Who's your favorite monster, and which is your favorite movie?

I'm partial to good old Godzilla myself, especially because I love the sound of his roar. My favorites are Godzilla 1985, the original Gojira, and Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (the 90's Gamera flicks are really good, IMO ).
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:14:22 AM »
Favorite Kaiju:
1. Mothra (so pretty~)
2. King Ghidorah (looks great as a ty beanie baby too!)

Movies:
1. The Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy: I like Mothra leo and the fairies' songs.
2. Godzilla vs. Destoroyah: The moment when Godzilla gave his power to Baby Godzilla, awww....

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:47 AM »
One of the first movies I can remember watching is Son of Godzilla so I've been a Kaiju fan for a long time. I've never really cared much for the non-Toho kaiju but then I haven't seen a lot of them (unless you count non-Japanese giant monster movies) so maybe I've just missed the good ones.

After the big G himself I'd have to say my favorite is King Ghidorah because well, because he's King Ghidorah. The coolest villain in Godzilla's rogues gallery, though I know some would argue for Gigan and I like him to.

If I had to pick a top 3, it'd probably be
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (the American retooling of Gojira with Raymond Burr)

I've got a soft spot for a lot of these films since I saw them when I was young. But even when I was a kid there were some I didn't care for and a few I just outright disliked, Godzilla's Revenge being the most obvious example.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:46:19 AM by Ratty »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
Even though he was completely computer generated, I like Giga Chimera from Super Ultra 8. And Zetton, the voice of the Protoss Reaver. I dunno, I liked Godzilla and Mothra, but they're essentially just walking terrors of destruction. The Super Sentai and Ultraman kaiju were diabolical, cunning/witty, and sometimes even emotional. Godzilla and his ilk were essentially allegorical props, whereas the TV tokusatsu kaiju were individuals in some cases.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah

This is the only flick I ever remember seeing as a kid. But the American title was Godzilla Vs Monster Zero. It had Rodan in there too.

As for Kaiju I used to read this comic: http://neomonsterisland.com/indextkt.html
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
I'm not a huge fan, but I've always been fond of Ultraman's monster designs—especially Bogun:

My choice from Godzilla though is Biollante (no contest).
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
Its strange that Abnormal Freak didnt posted here yet :P

I've only watched Godzilla, so I dont have another choice.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: