Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mein Craft  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »
Okay, I'm hooked. This shit's just too damn fun.

Anyhow, working on some odd amalgam of various Castlevania incarnations to make one bigass Castle.
(click to show/hide)

WIP, clearly, and that's probably going to be about a fourth or so of the total area it'll eventually take up. Only the wood-steepled tower and the Condemned Tower allusion are even remotely furnished.

EDIT: Sorry for image quality, it's PS3 (yeah yeah I know PC is better), and I don't have a console screen recorder.

Still not as cool as Jorge's, though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:07:26 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
Yeah if you had the PC version you could log on to my server and build other castles besides the new one I'm working on.
Whyyy did you pick console Minecraft?  EET EES INFEEERIOR...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
Because my laptop refuses to load Java (and I've tried every install trick and privilege rewrite in the book), and my desktop is at home where we don't have Internet. That's why I always walk to places with WiFi.

Otherwise I'd have PC. It's a pain in the ass to only have the basic shit. Hell, your big one has an elevator built in to the version, while I'm still stuck at trying to get multiple-piston ones to work.

That said, I'm still enjoying it. Can't wait to build the Clock Tower and abuse the Redstone Repeater/Piston circuit glitch and have a ton of pistons going continuously. Sure that'll make for fun atmosphere.

I've since scrapped that^ castle in favor of rebuilding from scratch in a superflat. Takes way too long to blow up and flatten land out in a normal map, and I would rather pick the task of building landscaping myself than the former.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
{smug}
It doesn't take long in a server with World Edit.
{/smug}

All kidding aside, the elevators/lifts are awesome because of the server plugins.  I'm building a brand-new castle in a new map, using nothing but vanilla blocks/mechanisms (but it still uses plugins in order to get mechanisms/etc.).

If you ever get TeamViewer, I can probably take over your PC and work out that Java problem.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »
+1
{condescending}
Anybody can just type in a terrain generator, you lazy bum. :P
{/condescending}

Anyhow, screens of the new castle. The Caverns section's my favorite part so far.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Last photo updated.

>talks about Caverns
>doesn't post Caverns

Whoops.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:30:49 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
I dig the entrance hall. Nice.

Also, what terrain generator?  No I make my own mountains & stuff with a special brush tool.
Of course, it's not available on INFERIOR CONSOLE VERSION.  :P :P :P

Alright alright I'm gonna stop now. :P :P :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:39:28 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
Thanks. Had a lot of fun with it, despite that floor taking forever (can't keep open flames near, either, since half of it is Black Wool).

A fair portion of this is me trying to make sections not look like yours, lol.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
You can use Obsidian or Black-Stained Clay instead of Black Wool to make the checkered floor pattern.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »
I thought about Obsidian, but the pattern on it clashed with the Clay tiles IMO. Looks more "brick"-y rather than "marble"-y. I didn't think about stained Clay, though.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 10:51:20 AM »
Black-Stained Clay (which is actually Brown) looks quite nice, when contrasted against Quartz blocks.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
Nope, can't stain clay. Or glass, for that matter.

I'm half-tempted to take you up on that TeamViewer offer, because apparently all the fun shit's not been ported yet. At the same time I'm kind of hesitant since I know I can't import what I've already done...but then again, I DID start over once already. :P

Maybe once the income tax gets here.

In the meantime, finally got most of the Caverns area finished(with the exception of two corner areas and a hidden cave), and touched up the Entraceway a bit.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

There's no way putting a shit ton of Torches and Netherrack braziers around a Wool portrait can go badly. Oh, well, it's not like Dracula isn't used to going up in flames. :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:01 AM »
Thankfully on PC Minecraft servers they usually have FireTick off, so things don't just get set on fire.
Your caverns look great.  :D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »
Thanks. They were a fucking bitch to do. I'm so damn glad I can go back to nice uniform architecture. Building organic shit is exhausting.

Updates to the Entrance, which is now largely completed. Not full furnished yet, and I still have to get the water in the low aqueducts level, but as I've about had it with water filling at the moment, I'll do that later. Probably going to start on the Marble Gallery next, once I decide on a good material to use for the general look.
(click to show/hide)

D'awww, look how big it's getting!

And, uh...I had to do this just for a goof, since the things looked like a person before I added the connecting rooms.
(click to show/hide)

And upon looking at the whole thing as it currently is from way up in the air, I noticed something funny.
(click to show/hide)
...I built the fucking Shagohod. Go figure.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
Your castle is looking nicer!

...I built the fucking Shagohod. Go figure.
Your unconscious must be speaking to you.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 11:44:07 PM »
Well, Shagohod DOES mean "the treading behemoth."

Castlevania's got a couple of those.

Tags: