Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Review of Castlevania movie script  (Read 12708 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Review of Castlevania movie script
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
In Reply To #13

That is old, outdated news, it was only a rumor, and therefore not what our movie will be based upon.
True, but if that is what the movie is going to be, it would be like a movie version of Castlevania Legends.  Then again, it would be in accurate even if it was faithful to the game because that game isn't apart of the official time-line anymore.
In all honesty, the truth of the matter is that we really don't know for sure what the movie is going to be like.  For all we know, the whole project could get scrapped.  It happens sometimes.  For example, they could run out of money, something could happen to the lead actors, etc. 
In other words, only time will tell as to whether the movie is good or not.  Besides, even if it isn't faithful to any of the games, it could still be a good movie.  Look at the Vampire Hunter D books and animated movies.  The movies were very different from the books, but they were still decent.
In reality, all we can do is wait and hope for the best.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
The VHD anime movies rock though, the first one being a fuckin' weird work of art, and the second being, well, a much less weird work of art. This movie is just going to be no-talent garbage with a generic story and probably nothing that resembles Castlevania.

At least the three-part animated series sounds promising, if all goes according to plan.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:59 PM »
I thought that bastard Anderson was off the movie?! I heard he'd been put back on but I heard he was only being allowed to *tweak* the script, not actually try to push his original crap storyline!

First Resident Evil and that BS known as 'Alice' and now this crap. 

There's not even a damn whip...the most TRADEMARK, you can't miss it, it's on most of the DAMN covers of the games you moronic Paul Anderson, weapon of this series, and he couldn't even get it right. That man should be banned from touching 'game to movie' scripts.

I'm so pissed, I must go play the original Castlevania and apologize to Simon.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43:48 PM »
That script was scrapped almost a year ago.  The movie is about trevor, I have a copy of the script excerpt that was released to the public, pm me with your e-mail if you want to see it.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »
In Reply To #19

Ah okay!  I'd heard about that (apparently, it's suppose to be based very closely off of CV3), cause I'd heard the same thing but then I know Anderson is suppose to kinda be back on the script (which got people worried again) and I was wondering if he'd been able to push his original BS story back into the picture.

Makes me feel better.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12904
See, it's old people, don't worry.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:50:50 PM »
That script was scrapped almost a year ago.  The movie is about trevor, I have a copy of the script excerpt that was released to the public, pm me with your e-mail if you want to see it.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the animated direct-to-video project, Castlevania: Dracula's Curse, written by Warren Ellis?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »
In Reply To #22
Yes, Warren ellis's story is different.  This is the script by Ian Jeffers and Sylvain white.  It is great, and very true the games.  PM me your e-mail if you want to read it.  And read my last post, BD is great because when they get things like this they go out and find out the facts.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 02:01:55 AM »

Whoa! If Sonia's really in it, and this chick's playing her, and they give her a whip, then the movie will still be a piece of crap, but at least there's potential to supply some very nice wank material.

As long as she has a nice sex scene in it I'll blow 5 bucks, even if it sucks I'll having something nice to think about later.
_______________________________________ ______________

SniperWolf

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:39 AM »
As long as she has a nice sex scene in it I'll blow 5 bucks, even if it sucks I'll having something nice to think about later.

that's so wrong, yet very true xD

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »
Some idiot put her on IMDB.  Sonia is not in the movie at all
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »
After i read all the posts, i didn't get to the trouble of reading the script!! :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »
In Reply To #27
If you did you'd know it was the old scrapped script.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »
In Reply To #28

That's really suck's!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 12:03:51 PM »
I read the Jeffers/White script, and generally it IS better than Anderson's. At least IMO. It feels more CV-ish, as well as takes a bit of background from the games. Anderson's seemed like he just wanted to show what CV was to HIM, as, per say, how Resident Evil was to HIM. I kinda wonder how Anderson will change Jeffers/White's script, and if his ideas implimented to the script will do it good. The thing found bad with Anderson's depiction of Simon was that he knew nothing about Dracula, even though his family's been fighting Dracula for centuries. Jeffer/White make it known that Trevor's family was driven out of Wallachia(Wakariya in the script, just like the Japanese version) many years before(which used to be their homeland(just like CV3 states). Urgh, not to mention in Anderon's script, the whole Simon befriends Dracula as he has his castle slaughter the invading Turks, then suposably discovers Dracula is evil later on. I couldn't swallow that. Simon, befriending Dracula?

Tags:

anything