Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: name a cv game story that will be perfect for a castlevania movie  (Read 5907 times)

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: name a cv game story that will be perfect for a castlevania movie
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »
Wasn't one of the early drafts of the script based on CV1/CV2? I could've swore I read a report saying the film would basically be CV 1 & 2 rolled into 1 big story. I think that would be the best option for the first film. If it becomes a success, then they can make a prequel film based on CV3. That's how I would do it anyway.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »
CASTLEVANIA : THE LEGEND OF SONIA BELMONT

Also a good correction

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »
Sonia's boring.

And she doesn't exist.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »
In Reply To #18

Well yes of course.
does anyone recall there being a rumor of some blonde chick playing as Sonia and Jonathan Flakes being the Grand Father in the cv movie?

Also in other news
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488982/news#ni0800338

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »
In Reply To #19

Yes, I remember that, but that was like 2 years ago. Lets hope that BS has been changed
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »
I say LoI, CV3, CoD, SotN, or AoS
As I said before, the best games for a movie to be based off of are: LoI, CV3, CoD, SotN, and AoS.

Good Reasons for LoI:
1) it was a good origin story
2) It was short so not much content doesn't have to be taken out.
3) Lack of dialouge allows for a creative writer to add some thing the game doesn't have.
Bad Reasons for LoI:
1) Few characters that actually talk to each other
2) If a bad writer changes the already existing conversations to much and/or adds some, a lot of fans could be turned off.
3) unless alot of addtional content is added, most of the movie would be Leon exploring the corridors of Walter's castle.

Good Reasons for CV3(which I agreed with):

CV 3, probably. For two reasons:
1) You have potential for action and story. Four main characters with different motives fighting for the same goal. This creates the potential for having a layered story, which is much more interesting to follow than good guy fights bad guy.

2) Excusable liberties. There was not much of an actual storyline presented in the original NES game, save for the introduction and a few text boxes. With this in mind, the writer has a lot more legroom to present a story using the game as a basis. In effect, there's not much that a screenwriter could fuck up.

Only two problems:
-If the writer sucks, the liberties s/he does take could make the movie worse than it needs to be.
-If not enough fan service is in there, then fanboys going to theatres with a chekclist won't be pleased enough.
(Ok, Vampire Killer, check! Sypha, check! Pot roast...what the...WHERE'S THE FRIGGIN' POT ROAST!! UUURRRRGGGHHH WORST MOVIE EVARRRR!!! RAGEEE RAGGGEEEEE!!!11eleven)
Good Reasons for CoD:
1) Had a great story in my opinion
2) Far amount of cutscenes
3) Doesn't spend to whole time in one castle
4) Has a surprising twist towards the end
Bad Reasons for CoD:
1) Characters are unfamiliar to people who aren't fans
2) Not of a lot of CV like CoD
Good Reasons for SotN:
1) One of the most well known CVs
2) Has an interesting Main character
3) Has two supporting characters who a good writer can take some libereties with
4) Has a lot of existing dialouge
Bad Reasons for SotN:
1) As with most, unless some content is added, most of the movie will be exploring corridors
2) If a bad writer takes some liberties or changes too much stuff, the movie will suck.
Good Reasons for AoS:
1) Main character has a cool ability
2) Main character is clueless unlike other CVs
3) There is a twist near the end
4) Decent amount of characters which a good writer could take liberties with
5) A good amount of existing Dialouge
Bad Reasons for AoS:
Same as the above

By the way, just because the movie is dead now doesn't mean it will stay that way.  It could be like Dracula and be resurrected.  Then again, also like Dracula, it could be killed again after it has been resurrected.
Behold my power and tremble

Tags:

anything