Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)  (Read 28770 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »
Gameplay is unimportant to many of those complaining about the title (unless they're drawing 'sold out' type conclusions which I must say isn't exactly invalid). If the game was literally Lament of Innocence, except with this gameplay, I'm sure the amount of complaints you'd be seeing would dwindle greatly.

I have to say I agree here. Along with the removal of hearts and such. Lament and Curse are good examples of how hearts don't diminish the game's feel. They even added metal frames for them to make them look more interesting and less kiddy.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »
In Reply To #61

The LoI and CoD hearts always reminded me of the Legend of Zelda and Kid Icarus Heart Containers, which was always gave me an nostalgic feel. Sure, Konami =/= Nintendo, but nonetheless, those little things remind me of the early NES days when Mario, Link, Simon, Pit, among others of the NES were all-stars together.

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
I'm telling you, if you watch the gameplay segments of the trailer, you can spot some torches, or candles, whatever you want to call them. Blue flames.

Offline adam

• I like Castlevania sometimes...
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 11:25:34 PM »
I'm all for LoS thus far. That is, I'm all for it as long as it's castlevania. Dracula MUST have a focal point in the story. Enough said. We call agree to that, yes? I mean, we don't NEED candles. Simon's Quest didn't have candles. Speaking of simon's quest, why do people keep referring to SOTN as the big major departure from the formula when all it did was take simon's quest's gameplay and make it much better?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 11:36:22 PM »
In Reply To #64

Well I think it's harder to say Simon's Quest made a major leap in the gameplay for the series when it's only the second game in the series.

Anywho, I agree, if it has Dracula and other things from the series, candles aren't necessarily a must have feature
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 01:16:54 AM »
In Reply To #64

as much as I wish my fav game of all time could take credit for the metroidvania beginning it cant. It was just one of those odd NES games where the 2nd was completely different from the first along with the 2 other biggest series Nintendos ever seen... Zelda and Mario. Altho technically Mario 2 wasnt actually Mario 2 in japan... But here it was and thus my point =D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
In Reply To #64

Depending on how far away they take the continuity, Adam, they may be throwing out Dracula as well...I mean, the original games were going for that delightfully campy monster-movie feel (look at the credits, crediting people like "Christopher Bee" and "Boris Karloffice"). If they're trying to get away from that with LoS, it's possible we won't see any Dracula at all... :'(

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
Yeah, I won't mind if the CV series splits up into two franchises(the one Lords of Shadow is forging and the Akumajou Dracula series).
I feel the same.  It would probably be best for the fans.  This way the ones that like the series the way it is stay satisfied while the ones that are unhappy get to try something different.  Personally, I like Iga's games and I would love for there to be another game overseen by him (as long as it contributes to the official timeline).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Evil_Kitty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
In Reply To #1

My bets are on a PSP Castlevania. Why?

1. Lords of Shadow is coming to PS3/360. Two next gen titles is crazy.

2. Judgement-Did poorly so Wii is more unlikly but still possible.

3. There are already 3 DS Castlevanias. Plus the DS titles are forced into a more kiddish realm--still enjoyable games nevertheless.

4. Sony seems to be pushing their PSP more after E3.

5. IGA has proven success on the portables moreso than on the consoles.

As a side note, I have a PS3, Wii, DS and PSP, so I'm not partial to the PSP.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
In Reply To #69

I actually think two next-gen titles are possible. First of all, Lords of Shadow is coming next year and the IGA one (with Alucard) could very well be 2 years away. The games would not interfer with each other in terms of release dates. Also, Konami wouldn't wanna close the door completely on IGA. Maybe they want to see which game is better and then go from there in the future? Also, the IGA game from last years TGS was appearently shown too early which suggests that it wasn't supposed to be revelead until after LoS. Or something. Well, at least that's how I see it.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
I don't know. Why would Konami release Lords of Shadow, a game that's rebooting the series due to the confusing time line, and then release a game later on that takes place in the confusing time line? If Iga's game is still in the works, it will most likely be for a handheld. And judging by the teaser trailer, it'll probably be for the PSP.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 06:13:47 PM »
I don't know. Why would Konami release Lords of Shadow, a game that's rebooting the series due to the confusing time line, and then release a game later on that takes place in the confusing time line? If Iga's game is still in the works, it will most likely be for a handheld. And judging by the teaser trailer, it'll probably be for the PSP.

Well no body ever said that Konami is doing LoS to replace the old timeline. And whats so confusing about that timeline anyways? Its pretty straight forward.

I'm still hoping for two console titles...no handhelds..
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:26 AM »
Well no body ever said that Konami is doing LoS to replace the old timeline. And whats so confusing about that timeline anyways? Its pretty straight forward.

I'm still hoping for two console titles...no handhelds..

I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe it's just my assumption though. Why else would they reboot it and say "...forget all you know about Castlevania?" You do have to admit, the time line could be pretty overwhelming for people who would like to get into the series or who haven't played since the NES era.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »
In Reply To #73

It could be overwhelming if you dwell on it too much, though there are a lot of people who choose to ignore IGA's retcons and accept the full timeline(with Legends, CV64, LoD and CotM reinstated) and are perfectly content with it. Actually, it's pretty easier than it sounds.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

CV fans are way too obsessed with the timeline anyway. It's only a series of video games, and it should be judged by how fun the games are, not if they're connected or not. Look at Zelda, Mario, Mega Man or whatever... A good game is a good game, and a bad game is a bad game regardless if they "fit" with the rest of the games or not. Gimme 150 different timelines that make no sense whatsoever and I'll still play them (as long as the games are good).  ;D

Tags:

anything