Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS  (Read 32976 times)

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2010, 12:09:06 AM »
Some of you are ridiculous!  "looks better than what IGA can produce"???  They are tiny little pictures that barely show anything!  Looks like another knee-jerk "I hate IGA" reaction.  To a hoax, even.  Haha.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2010, 02:11:31 AM »
I'm still kinda butthurt that never became an actual game. Damn you Dreamcast!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:54 PM »
They are tiny little pictures that barely show anything!

Before the Dungeon wnet through one of it's renovations, there were full-sized screenshots of those two pics. I've seen them and the detales were impressive to say the least.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2010, 08:34:30 PM »
That's unfortunate. Because I can't really form a opinion on these two shots. :(
I don't really like the color choices or the plain background in the first shot or the building or sky in the second shot, but it seems like it could have some intricate detailing and nifty particle effects. At least, it looks to have some relatively pretty high resolution art.

I guess it was an obvious sign that it was fake from the HUD though~ There would be no need for the black considering that was just enforced by a NES technological limitation and abandoned in every other 'Vania besides Chronicles where it was just a nifty semi-transparent effect. Or maybe it's just for nostalgia, still an odd presentation choice.

Totally looks dramatic and full of action!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
Quote from: thernz
That's unfortunate. Because I can't really form a opinion on these two shots.
I don't really like the color choices or the plain background in the first shot or the building or sky in the second shot, but it seems like it could have some intricate detailing and nifty particle effects. At least, it looks to have some relatively pretty high resolution art.
I agree, lets compare them to a real iga game:

which looks better? lol

I'm willing to bet the first 2 might've been photoshop edits rather than "real" gameplay, as no other screenshots of that game can be found anywhere on the net (and whoever made them, don't ya think he'd post more shots/info to make it seem more authentic?). Or maybe that hack actually DID exist & was playable at one point, but his computer crashed so all the info was lost before he can get it out, leaving us with what could've been...

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
oops i actually prefer the color schemes in those rebirth shots over the hoaxvania's. that sky background in rebirth is totally better than hoaxvania's though. i mean the hoaxvania's is just PITCH BLACK and a moon, unless you count those flames. but i dont like like red-yellow, black, and grey as a color scheme. (o ^ o )

that second rebirth shot is just terrible with its use of background elements though~

d-dont get me wrong though, i prefer the hoaxvania shots to the rebirth ones.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:15:34 PM by thernz »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »

Wow, are people really that young in these forums now? They haven't heard of the Shin Dracula X hoax?
Lol, I'm getting old.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
I know, right?
We're so old and decrepit.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
They are tiny little pictures that barely show anything!

Before the Dungeon wnet through one of it's renovations, there were full-sized screenshots of those two pics. I've seen them and the detales were impressive to say the least.

-X

I had a chance to see them when they were up, I was just commenting on the IGA-haters (which is funny since IGA probably would have been involved in the project if it were real) that jumped the gun on saying they were better than anything he had done.  The screens were good if I recall, and unfortunate that they were fake.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2011, 05:54:20 PM »
Wow, are people really that young in these forums now? They haven't heard of the Shin Dracula X hoax?
Lol, I'm getting old.

That's really too bad, it was probably the best CV hoax.

But yeah, it does make me feel very old.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but...I haven't heard of Shin Dracula X either. T_T

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
真 (Shin - True, Not New) DraculaX was "fake image joke". of fan site in Japan.
It was obviously written, "fake".

Someone exposed it to an English site.
(The person might not have been able to read the word of Japan)
The joke image has changed in quality to a malignant lie.
It was not a situation for which the author had hoped.
To avoid confusing, the author deleted the image.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
oh, that's pretty interesting!
also, gunlord makes me sad.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2011, 06:10:22 AM »
If I remember correctly, the Shin Drac X hoax went so far that it was published in a swedish gaming magazine in some kind of "rumour" section. Or maybe it was in the "News" section even, lol! I'm gonna see if I can find the magazine.. I believe it had the screenshots and everything.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »
Oh wow...that *is* old. I remember that shyte from way back in the day.

Can't believe it was referenced, actually. O.o

Tags:

anything