Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Legends - The Right and the Wrong  (Read 17884 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania Legends - The Right and the Wrong
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 11:50:07 PM »
i think it's more like alucard going on about how his bloodline is cursed in sotn, and wanting to just sleep after cviii rather than continue living because hhhh SON OF DRACULA
then it's implied he bangs sonia
(and he ditches her so he can sleep instead of helping her raise her child)

great character consistency there
probably didn't know about the pregnancy but a bit of a jerk too

ALUCARD: Wait, she's pregnant? Shit. Uhh... Sonia, I need to sleep to submerge my powers, that way my bloodline will never continue. Or something. So, yeah. We'll never meet again. (exits room) Phew. Got outta that one.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 01:29:09 AM »
Legends was taken out of the timeline for Alucard not to be a jerk. Thank you, IGA.  ;D

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:21 AM »
Legends was taken out of the timeline for Alucard not to be a jerk. Thank you, IGA.  ;D

Heh, sounds about right.

Wouldn't Sonia have to be pregnant during the course of Legends? If Alucard basically submerged himself into slumber again, the union would have had to take place before the encounter in the castle. And if he's so eager about submerging his bloodline, I doubt they had a last-minute rendezvous...or did they?

The game itself is alright, but everything needs a LOT of polish, and not just the story either.

(Was away for the weekend. Catching up.)
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 01:49:13 AM »
But have been a real shock for Alucard when he bumped into Richter several hundreds later, and realised Sonia didn't get an abortion like he told her to.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 02:12:00 AM »
Right: Nothing.

Wrong: Everything.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 03:58:41 AM »
The game features the only bat enemy in gaming history I have come to completely loathe.  Give me medusa heads, give me Lords' titans, give me Gradius motherships . . . not that bat though!

I'm not a fan.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 06:02:18 AM »
Well, I think we found the real reason IGA removed this game from the series. ^^

I'll agree the game needs polish. In fact, every game does. There's something wrong with every game (whisperThere just happens to be more wrong with this onewhisper).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
RE: By my estimation, Legends is one of the weakest Classicvanias. It's not trash, it's just bland. Which is odd, because it has some idea that it wants to be special with its female lead, excellent artwork, branching stage, Burning Mode (press A and B together once per stage), trap candles, fancy-looking bosses, etc. Really, this game suffered from execution, I think. The levels are too long and repetitive, by and large. They're not really "fun"...most of the time they feel like chores. (Even as hard as The Adventure was, the stages felt more imaginative and fun in their sense of progression). Ideas like the trap candles or magic system lack polish, coming off as more frustrating than interesting like they should be. The creative, one-of-a-kind Bloody Tears remix that appears only in this game in stage 1 is truly a highlight, though. I don't care much for the story at all...but it could be a good start to another bloodline like the Morris or Baldwin family or something.

To your point on minibosses--other Classicvanias have them at one time or another: Dracula's Curse, Rondo of Blood, The Adventure Rebirth (every stage) come to mind.

Anyway, I remember this is one of the first CV games I owned for myself--still have it. It's a better game when you isolate it from the others and think of it as a intro to Castlevania or bit-sized portable Castlevania; though, even then it has its shortcomings. Also, I remember this, Dracula X SNES (which I discovered late), The Adventure (also a late discovery) and Castlevania 64 reviving my interest in Castlevania in the late 90s and making me a true fan after having stopped at SCV-IV as a casual player/admirer of the series. Those are my thoughts on the matter at the moment.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 03:35:35 PM »
EDIT: wrong topic lmao

Tags: