Poll

What would be an appropriate 25th Anniversary tribute?

Castlevania 1 & 2 Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Dracula's Curse Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Castlevania Annversary Collection (NES SNES GEN minimum)
Demon Castle War (ClassicVania Style)!
Demon Castle War (Clastleroid Style)!
Lords of Shadow 2
Art, Music, and other swag...
Other --explain below.
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest...

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?  (Read 18568 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
I voted for the Dracula's Curse 2.5D remake. My favorite classicvania period.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
So far, half of you favor the porting or updating Classic games.  Right on!  ;D  I voted for the Castlevania 1 & 2 Chronicles for reasons I mentioned earlier.  Remember, this is also Simon's Anniversary as well --it seems fitting to me that he's part of the final package --whatever that may be...

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 10:12:01 PM »
Castlevania Chronicles: The Accursed Seal

On it's own, no CV1 attached. Why? It's a completely different experience. I'd kind of like it on it's own, not being an attached game, or even worse, being unlocked by completing CV1. The back story is explainable easily enough, and could even be grounds for a SotN style introduction stage.

I would like this and/or Castlevania Chronicles: The Legend of Dracula (featuring both Chris Belmont games remade ala Shining Force CD). On an actual cartridge or disk please.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 11:29:57 PM »
to rush a game to be developed under the course of the anniversary timelimit would probably only lead to disappointment...
That would be Konami's fault to begin with, considering they would've lacked the foresight to start development on the game BEFORE the anniversary year with the INTENTION to release it ON the anniversary year. Like I said in the other thread, they've basically ruined it, game-wise, for this year. Even if they have a "near-complete" new CV game AND plan on releasing it this year, there'd be little to no time to hype it. Other than that, this is the 25th anniversary, it calls for something BIG. Anything less of that is a gyp. As it is, HoD's PSN port and LoS's DLC, if being classified as the only thing we'll be getting, are a TOTAL gyp. It's not like this is the 23rd Anniversary. 25, as far as anniversary terms are concerned, is one of the BIG anniversary years. The fact that we have yet to hear ANYTHING shows that Konami really think nothing about it. It's like what one of the peeps at NeoGAF said, Konami just doesn't think CV is a major hitter anymore.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »
The anniversary was celebrated with the the stunning plot turns in LoS's DLC and Harmony of Despair PS3~

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »
I want Perfect Dracula Battle Selection III or Dracula New Classic II. (with 2011 production, of course).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
Actually, what would be real boss, is a Bloodlines remake. Bloodlines is one of the best CV's, and a remake of it would be awesome.

Although they cant beat them Genesis tunes.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Iga made something and then said that it was for Castlevania's 26th anniversary, as an apology for not having anything ready for the 25th.

Its also slightly possible that they might come up with enough new stuff for the PS3 version of Harmony of Despair and claim that it is a 25th anniversary special edition or something like that.  I could see them add more series classics like Trevor to the mix.  Maybe make all the DLC available from the start as some kind of package deal.  Maybe even sell a disc that contains everything on it plus artwork and stuff?  Wishful thinking, anyways. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:56:42 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
Actually, what would be real boss, is a Bloodlines remake. Bloodlines is one of the best CV's, and a remake of it would be awesome.

Although they cant beat them Genesis tunes.

I think it would be awesome to have an original mode, and then an extra mode, with the beta stuff incorporated into it, for better or worse. But I imagine that's something a publisher would never go for.  :-\
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
I wouldn't be happy with only a remake. It's the anniversary of a series, not a game. (If this leads to Judgment 2: LOLOLOL)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »
I think it would be awesome to have an original mode, and then an extra mode, with the beta stuff incorporated into it, for better or worse. But I imagine that's something a publisher would never go for.  :-\

Didnt Chronicles do the same thing?

Same for Dracula X chronicles including the original Rondo
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
I would just like to see a collection of games, in a nice metal case with a book, like maybe a "history of" or something, with art and interviews. Something that would be good enough for me
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 04:32:24 PM »
Demon Castle Wars, though I have my own ideas about that...:o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
Didnt Chronicles do the same thing?

Same for Dracula X chronicles including the original Rondo

If you mean that they had the original and a remake in each, then yes.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »
A REAL remake of Castlevania SotN in 2.5D for Home Console would make me :D

Tags: