Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Podcast  (Read 17976 times)

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
+1
Episode 12 is up!

Labyrinth (topic of the week): the Castlevania II Worlds of Power novelization

News: new Lords of Shadow 2 trailer, Mirror of Fate screenshots, Trevor's Story trailer, Mirror of Fate preorder on Amazon, GameStop Mirror of Fate 3DS case

Warp Zone (Captain N): In Search of the King

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2012/12/28/castlevania-podcast-episode-012/

Offline Weiss Belmont

• The Power of Legend
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
+1
Thank you so much for this. It's great to hear Castlevania get this kind of exposure.

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
+1
Thank you so much for this. It's great to hear Castlevania get this kind of exposure.

No problem! :) There was no episode yesterday or last Friday because of lack of time to record (this week, it was because mom came home from work sick on the day that I was going to record). Basically, I need the house to myself to record an episode. Anyway, there will be a new episode this coming Friday.

Offline JoshuaKadmon

• Hunter in Training
  • Castlevania Collector since 1987
    • Joshua's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
+1
Interesting podcast. Regarding Bram Stoker's Dracula, I don't know what the original intention of the developers was when Bloodlines came out, but the novel is not exactly part of the storyline. People often point to the offical timeline that contains a short blurb that mentioned Quincy Morris defeated Dracula or something, but it never actually mentions the novel anywhere. There are also some conflicts that make the novel and the games impossible to fit together. I think it's best to think they merely borrowed the Quincy Morris character and waved a Castlevania story around him. Also a little fun fact: the actual novel takes place in 1892 or 1893 while the event on the offical timeline takes place in 1897, which is the year in which the novel was first released.       

This is why I have often wished for a Castlevania Edition of Dracula, perhaps as a collectible extra released with a future CV title or even as a standalone game or visual novel.  I even requested it as an unlockable in the Castlevania Anthologies petition (www.change.org/petitions/castlevania-anthologies).  I have always assumed that the characters and basic story flow of Bram Stoker's novel were similar in CV lore with minor adjustments to time frame and other details.  And if you're referring to John Morris' age and how it would've been impossible for a two-year-old child to follow Quincey around during the hunt for Dracula, I have a loose theory on that...

Quincey was not trained to use the Vampire Killer.  We're not even sure if he knew about his Belmont connection or whether he possessed the whip or not.  But we DO know that John got it from somewhere.  In all likelihood, the Vampire Killer either came into contact with Quincey (perhaps even post-mortem or at his grave), or it could have come into contact with the Bowie knife he used against Dracula.  Whichever the case, the Vampire Killer's supernatural qualities may have given John flashbacks of his father's mortal battle against the dark lord, resulting in false memories.  And as far as Quincey being Lucy's suitor goes, well, he seemed like a bit of a playboy and may have illegitimately conceived John with another woman a few years before.  Or we could assume that John's mother was just one of many female tragedies in the Castlevania timeline.

Fudging the 1897 time discrepancy isn't a big deal, as it simply matches the 1797 SotN resurrection reset caused by Shaft.

I would also like to see a CV edition of Dracula establish that Prof. Abraham Van Hellsing was somehow connected to Ecclesia alongside Shanoa and Albus.  If that's true, Van Hellsing himself may have been aware of Quincey's blood connection to the Belmonts.  Perhaps he would have been the one entrusted with the Vampire Killer before passing it to John in his father's abscence.  That could even explain the false memory thing that I mentioned before...

Just some thoughts.
Sign to support the Castlevania Anthologies petition:

www.change.org/petitions/castlevania-anthologies

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 12:02:21 PM »
+1
Subbed via iTunes, yay! Keep this acticity up! Liked the FB-page, too!
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
+2
Episode 13 is up!

Labyrinth (topic of the week): Bloodlines' plot

News: Castlevania Anthologies petition

Warp Zone (Captain N): Happy Birthday, Megaman

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2013/01/20/castlevania-podcast-episode-013/

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 03:08:17 AM »
+2
How about having an interview with Jorge D. Fuentes? Make it happen, he is one of the most influential Castlevania personalities outside the official Konami folks!  :D
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
+1
How about having an interview with Jorge D. Fuentes? Make it happen, he is one of the most influential Castlevania personalities outside the official Konami folks!  :D

Interesting idea.

Episode 14 is up!

Labyrinth (topic of the week): Symphony of the Night's Japanese storyline

Featured Music: "Castle's Entrance" (stage 2 music) from "Castlevania Legends" plus the remake by Jorge D. Fuentes

Warp Zone (Captain N): Gameboy

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2013/02/01/castlevania-podcast-episode-014/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »

I'm not sure I'm that important.  Certainly not enough for a full-fledged interview.  I'm just a man.  You know, a miserable little pile of secrets. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »
+1
Episode 16 is up! Sorry for the lack of episodes recently. I've had a cold. However, I'm back in time, because this episode covers the North American release of "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate"!

I haven't gotten the game yet (nor a Nintendo 3DS), so please keep in mind that I'm not sharing any personal thoughts regarding the gameplay or story.

Warp Zone (Captain N): Once Upon a Time Machine

News: Mirror of Fate's release and reviews!

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2013/03/08/castlevania-podcast-episode-016/

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 09:35:51 AM »
+1
Episode 17 is up! Sorry for the lack of episodes recently. It's explained in my introduction.

Labyrinth (topic of the week): Castlevania's (Nintendo 64) Japanese storyline

News:

Castlevania (NES) coming to Nintendo eShop
Castlevania / Lupin III connection
Kite / Mezzo Forte / Castlevania connection
Castlevania / Vampire Cafe collaboration
Akumajou Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu (novel translation)
Alucard plays Black Ops 2

Warp Zone (Captain N): Having a Ball

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2013/04/02/castlevania-podcast-episode-017/

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:47 PM »
+1
For those of you that are wondering about episode 5, it is done, but I'm nearly at my monthly storage limit (I'd overlooked that). Since I signed up at Podbean on September 7, I likely can't upload the new episode until October 7 or 8. Sorry! :(

Could you put the earlier stuff on Youtube or something?

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »
+2
Could you put the earlier stuff on Youtube or something?

I've started to do so. Episodes 1-11 are up at the moment:

Castlevania Podcast - Episode 001

Episode 18 is up!

Labyrinth (topic of the week): Legacy of Darkness' plot

News: Video Game Confessions - Simon Belmont, upcoming Castlevania panel

Warp Zone (Captain N): The Big Game

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2013/04/05/castlevania-podcast-episode-018/

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
+1
Episode 19 is up!

Labyrinth (topic of the week): Circle of the Moon's Japanese storyline

News: Castlevania panel update, Dave Cox wants to do Zelda, CV2 on eShop in Japan

Warp Zone (Captain N): The Trouble With Tetris

http://castlevania.podbean.com/2013/04/12/castlevania-podcast-episode-019/

Two episodes from now, I plan to change the music for the various segments, intro, and conclusion. For the first ten episodes, I used a mix of music from the NES trilogy. Episodes 11-20 uses music from Legends. Any music in particular that you'd like to hear for the next ten episodes?

Tags:

anything