Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: On the other hand...  (Read 18203 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »
I'm sorry, I can't hear you......

...over the sound of how awesome that could be. (if done right)
Berserk has design roots in the 80s, and kept the general art direction even well into the 90s. That being said, of course it looks good. My personal favorite styles of anime originate from the 80s and 90s. I mean, even the anime-esque designs of Richter in RoB or the designs in Bloodlines(which are pretty anime/manga-esque) are pretty badass. Hell, I'd take that and chibi, cutesy Maria over the style see in DoS and PoR(which seems more "safe" and lacking soul). Hell, even more than that dude that does Death Note. I mean, hell, if not Berserk, maybe something City Hunter, M.D Geist, Ghost in the Shell(movie) and the VHD movies.

IMO, that style is more fitting of a CV anime(or anime style fitting for CV in general if anime art was inevitable). Far more fitting if they went to appeal to Naruto, Bleach, or Code Geass(urgh).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:04:22 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 07:32:07 PM »
It would have to be done in the right style definitely.

I like anime, but certain anime style does not fit CV and I felt what was wrong with CVDOS and CVPOR was that it had that "camply" anime flare to it.

For me, it would have to be a more dark and gothic style of anime similar to Berserk,Trinity Blood, or Hellsing for example.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »
What do you mean by "Current anime designs"?

Because from what i see, most current anime designs are pretty bland shitty moeblob stuffs, because that's what the otakus want, and the otakus are the entire market.

Why not just make a CV anime at that point also? I'd be behind that. something resembling vampire Hunter D or Hellsing Ultimate or something.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
Brothers Conflict, Free!, Saint Seiya Omega and Shingeki no Kyojin are actual anime and aren't moeblob. That's not exactly what all otakus want (I agree that great part of them are like that) and they dint are completely the entire market, there is people that watch it casually too, they are minority but they still count :P

I didnt mentioned Naruto, One Piece and Toriko on purpose, since they are a trend, we call it "modinha" here, its like something that is overated, is good but not like someone else says, but people say that its that cool ONLY because they hear another people saying this and they want to be part of something. So I try to ignore these series a bit, even if they are interesting, their Brazilian fanbase at least in some percentage acts like weaboos.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 10:35:58 PM »

Because from what i see, most current anime designs are pretty bland shitty moeblob stuffs, because that's what the otakus want, and the otakus are the entire market.

Not just the otaku moe stuff, there is a trend right now to appeal to the otome group.

Brothers Conflict, Free!, Saint Seiya Omega and Shingeki no Kyojin are actual anime and aren't moeblob.

Whoohoo~ speaking of otome power!

You mentioned BroCon!?! damn... I should really watch that one. Wait, have you watched it?

On topic: They should make sure that they get the pretty bishounen character designs and the amazing voice actors. Well, CV always gets awesome Japanese voice actors, so I guess that is a given.
I'm in! Fangirling like crazy. kyaa~ kyaa~ ♥

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 11:07:35 PM »
Brothers Conflict, Free!, Saint Seiya Omega and Shingeki no Kyojin are actual anime and aren't moeblob. That's not exactly what all otakus want (I agree that great part of them are like that) and they dint are completely the entire market, there is people that watch it casually too, they are minority but they still count :P

I didnt mentioned Naruto, One Piece and Toriko on purpose, since they are a trend, we call it "modinha" here, its like something that is overated, is good but not like someone else says, but people say that its that cool ONLY because they hear another people saying this and they want to be part of something. So I try to ignore these series a bit, even if they are interesting, their Brazilian fanbase at least in some percentage acts like weaboos.
I don't think ANY of those you listed have the right "style" for a CV anime(or anime based game). That's just me, though. It has little to do with my actual liking of them too. I love One Piece and Saint Seiya, but those styles are TOTALLY wrong for CV. It's like getting Akira Toriyama to as lead artist from the next CV. I love Toriyama's style(I know some dislike it, but I've always respected it and love it for what it is), but it's just no right for Castlevania. I'd go for something darker, more mature style. An anime style that focuses on more on tight designs and less accented facial features, yet highly detailed.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 12:02:20 AM »
It depends. If its Berserk anime style hell yeah! If its shitty anime that is out nowadays and also having the anime style of some of previous games in the series such as POR and DOS, ummm it wouldn't be artistically appealing to me

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 01:13:25 AM »
+1
Please no more anime in CV, thanks. DoS and PoR are still burning my eyes (not that much, but it felt out of place).

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: On the other hand...
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »
It would have to be done in the right style definitely.

I like anime, but certain anime style does not fit CV and I felt what was wrong with CVDOS and CVPOR was that it had that "camply" anime flare to it.

For me, it would have to be a more dark and gothic style of anime similar to Berserk,Trinity Blood, or Hellsing for example.
I agree. An anime style CV can work if the style was similar to the series you mentioned. The Hellsing Ultimate series is one of my favorites.

We just can't have the style we saw in DoS and PoR. That style is too bright and cheerful. It reeks of what you would expect in a Saturday morning kid's show. Yuck!!! Definitely not meant for CV.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:39 AM »
I didn't like Bloodlust's style. I liked Madhouse when they worked with Satoshi Kon. But I didn't like their style in Bloodlust.

Heretic.

Got to agree that Amano would be perfect for Castlevania, though.

As for the main topic, they definitely should try it at least one more time. I don't get why people always think anime has to be wacky. I guess my DVDs are diferent.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »
As long as it doesn't go into moe territory, I'd be ok with it.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
I'll grant you that. But it's the best we have.
Even so, take Kojima's Aria cast, and place it next to what was done in Dawn. It isn't even comparable.

The point is, we haven't exactly seen anime Castlevania truly "done right". Think what you will about RoB, but DoS and PoR weren't exactly artistically stellar. Fundamentally, I wouldn't mind the transition, if it were done tastefully. But I can't quite picture it being done that way.
Good old user downvoting posts just for the sake of doing it (but without posting his own opinion).
Don't worry Intersection, he always does it to me, like in the first post here, which isn't even an opinion.
I fixed that for you  ;) Anyway, you can always use the "Ignore" function in order to prevent that.
I guess it's easier to pick on girls and new users.

Why not just make a CV anime at that point also? I'd be behind that. something resembling vampire Hunter D or Hellsing Ultimate or something.
Well, I guess everyone chooses what kind of anime, since I didn't specified it well. But I was thinking about something like the anime I usually watch. Like Sora No Otoshimono, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka or High School DxD, only with CV background.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 11:24:05 AM »
How about the Fate series?

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer_of_Black
While I like the Fate series, I would steer clear of anything Type-Moon related. I think the general art style is less fitting of the CV series(IMO). Of course, that's my perspective on the matter.

Tags: