Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047270 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2145 on: June 18, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »
dont feel too bad; there are some people that believe the PSVita is still going strong & healthy despite sony themselves all but admitting it's a dud

Obviously Iga is among those who think it's worth while.

The nice thing about the vita is it can be a slow burn because it's a powerful enough handheld to withstand time before becoming obsolete. Also as I have told you countless times, it is an extension of the ps4. It is more than just a hand held gaming console. It is a satellite.

If you owned a vita and saw how often new quality games are being added you might have a better idea of how wrong you are. Almost every time I log into the store there are new interesting games. Mostly japanese, but that's more than cool with me.

The wii u was basically designed to be obsolete. And without 3rd parties showing any interest Nintendo has had to carry their own weight. Clearly it hasn't been viable because they are already moving on.

Hate to break it to you, but while the vita isn't a huge success, it seems to be doing just fine. And I'll be enjoying Bloodstained on my beautiful retina display. That's a success to me.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2146 on: June 18, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »
At this point, if they actually announced a new Castlevania game, would you even care? I think I would have a "too little, too late" kind of feeling. On the other hand, I do feel a bit of melancholy when I think how the series is probably dead now, with still a lot of untapped potential.
This is how I feel. However, if it was something new and revolutionary which seemed to ultimately benefit the series I'd be for it. If it was more LOS style gaming experience, I would pass.

I don't think Konami would be announcing that at this time though. Iga is making the game which most of the fans have longed for and they've already backed him in the millions. For Konami to release 'another game' at this point after already butchering a great series would basically be the final curtain/ middle finger and the hardcore CV fans would never forgive them.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2147 on: June 18, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »
NEWS: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night May Feature Transformations Like Castlevania

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/18/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-may-feature-transformations-like-castlevania/#8wT8t6uhVDWx2iHW.99

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2148 on: June 18, 2015, 11:38:55 PM »
From gamespot's youtube interview with IGA.
This is a tidbit that everyone might be interested in.
"The playable version of Bloodstained will be delivered just in time for E3 next year."

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2149 on: June 19, 2015, 01:56:01 AM »
From gamespot's youtube interview with IGA.
This is a tidbit that everyone might be interested in.
"The playable version of Bloodstained will be delivered just in time for E3 next year."

That had me scratching my head a little, I must admit.  I was expecting 2017 at the very least for a release.  I just hope that they don't rush the game.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2150 on: June 19, 2015, 02:57:40 AM »
It means next E3 there will be a build that's playable; you'll get a feel for how the game looks and plays. The game won't be out till at least 2017.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2151 on: June 19, 2015, 04:52:23 AM »
If it was a non-MoFy Metroidvania, sure I'd care. But I don't see that happening given IGA was the driving force keeping that style of CV being made.

I wonder with IGA gone if they even have the know-how to make another metroidvania. KCEK made CotM, but aside from the difficulty, the game was less polished in other areas compared to the ones IGA made. Still, if they suddenly announced another metroidvania because of IGA's succes with his kickstarter it would come across as really...despicable. I think Konami did some serious damage to their goodwill and I'm not sure if they will ever recover.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2152 on: June 19, 2015, 06:12:03 AM »
The best thing that we could actually hope for is for Konami to just sell the series to Iga, holding their hands up high.  But I doubt that they would do that.  They've lost their respectability already as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:17:05 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2153 on: June 19, 2015, 07:29:44 AM »
NEWS: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night May Feature Transformations Like Castlevania

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/18/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-may-feature-transformations-like-castlevania/#8wT8t6uhVDWx2iHW.99

If there's transformations, I it'll be along the lines of Shanoa's Were-cat mode.

also,

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2154 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »
Quote from: Belmontoya
Obviously Iga is among those who think it's worth while.

The nice thing about the vita is it can be a slow burn because it's a powerful enough handheld to withstand time before becoming obsolete. Also as I have told you countless times, it is an extension of the ps4. It is more than just a hand held gaming console. It is a satellite.

If you owned a vita and saw how often new quality games are being added you might have a better idea of how wrong you are. Almost every time I log into the store there are new interesting games. Mostly japanese, but that's more than cool with me.

The wii u was basically designed to be obsolete. And without 3rd parties showing any interest Nintendo has had to carry their own weight. Clearly it hasn't been viable because they are already moving on.

Hate to break it to you, but while the vita isn't a huge success, it seems to be doing just fine. And I'll be enjoying Bloodstained on my beautiful retina display. That's a success to me.

there will always be people still in denial

the vita is strong in Asia, yes, but everywhere else its selling like shit & sony has unofficially given up on it by declaring it a "legacy device." im not attacking you dude so i dunno why ur taking this so personally

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2155 on: June 19, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
there will always be people still in denial

the vita is strong in Asia, yes, but everywhere else its selling like shit & sony has unofficially given up on it by declaring it a "legacy device." im not attacking you dude so i dunno why ur taking this so personally

I'm not in denial! What would I have to be in denial about man? My experience with the device has been great and continues to be. There isn't much else to it. Didn't say you were attacking me and I certainly don't feel attacked by you having an opinion that is causing you to miss out on an awesome handheld. It's your loss all the way.

I'm only saying this so others are not discouraged by your comments from getting a vita.

The best thing that we could actually hope for is for Konami to just sell the series to Iga, holding their hands up high.  But I doubt that they would do that.  They've lost their respectability already as far as I'm concerned.

Actually that's not the best thing we can hope for. Iga has bloodstained with already a huge fan base. It would be a waste of money and a backwards move for him to buy Castlevania after creating such a buzz for his own IP. Besides, there have been plenty enough Iga Castlevania games.

The best thing for Castlevania would be a new dev who gets the game and knows how to make an awesome 2d platformer. I vote vanillaware.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:52:54 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2156 on: June 19, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »
About the Vita:

If "dead" means that it's getting more and more interesting, niche games that I really look forward to, then I guess a "dead" handheld is exactly what I want. It is my most played device right now. In a similar fashion, I bought the most PSP games long after the thing was declared "dead". It was awesome when it was dead. More worthwhile games than during its entire "life".

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2157 on: June 19, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
+1
I'm not in denial! What would I have to be in denial about man? My experience with the device has been great and continues to be. There isn't much else to it. Didn't say you were attacking me and I certainly don't feel attacked by you having an opinion that is causing you to miss out on an awesome handheld. It's your loss all the way.

I'm only saying this so others are not discouraged by your comments from getting a vita.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2158 on: June 19, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »
the vita is strong in Asia, yes, but everywhere else its selling like shit & sony has unofficially given up on it by declaring it a "legacy device."

Not a Vita owner, but SCEA giving up on it just means they acknowledged they failed to turn it into a dudebro "console quality on the go" platform with stuff like Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Killzone Mercenary. The people who like the Vita for what it is never wanted that, and it's not surprisingly that a handheld that is essentially for niche Japanese games sells rather poorly. But for people who like those games, it's a good platform.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2159 on: June 19, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »

Tags: