Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1046914 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2655 on: June 24, 2016, 05:38:41 PM »
yeah I saw the gameplay too, as I must say it look VERY well made, but I think its going to feel... to samey, as I feel its going to play like SOTN, and I  I may be wrong but I can't see this going past 1 game. I may be wrong but that's what I see

How is this a bad thing? Literally one of the main reasons this was being made is because Castlevania went away from IGA's approach. Part of the appeal of Bloodstained was to re-usher in his style of game, which means making a game that plays a lot like his games. Not to mention it's the first time since SOTN where he's made a sidescroller metroidvania on consoles. ( harmony of despair doesn't count)

That's why I spent loads of money on it! :p

Anyways, did anyone hear the ripped tracks from the demo? There was even one of a completely new track which is quite beautiful. ( sounds like it could be orchestrated)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:45:26 PM by CastleDan »

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #2656 on: June 24, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »
How is this a bad thing? Literally one of the main reasons this was being made is because Castlevania went away from IGA's approach. Part of the appeal of Bloodstained was to re-usher in his style of game, which means making a game that plays a lot like his games.

That's why I spent loads of money on it! :p

I must say, I entirely agree. I really enjoyed the handheld Igavania games, and really want more of that same formula, even if it is just a copy of SoTN.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2657 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »
I must say, I entirely agree. I really enjoyed the handheld Igavania games, and really want more of that same formula, even if it is just a copy of SoTN.

and I'd argue that SOTN still hasn't been topped so there's a reason to do it. Obviously some people feel it has been topped but I personally don't. However, with this game it might just do it. It's taking all of the best elements of his different games and putting it in one.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Demo Commentary
« Reply #2658 on: June 24, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
Hello everyone. MarkyJoe1990 here. I'm pretty sure no one remembers me, but for the few who might, and just need a reminder, I did an Eternal Candle Challenge run in Castlevania IV. The thread of which you can find here: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4478.0/nowap.html

Anyway, I decided to record footage of Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night, and do commentary on it with my mom. I'm not going into this blind, since I've played the demo a couple times already, but she knows nothing about it. She's a fan of the Castlevania series, so I figure she's a good pick for a "first impressions" person while I play the game with foreknowledge.

Here's the footage, since the youtube embed system doesn't appear to be working.

A couple things I should note is that the video gets choppy at times, and I felt I should have better articulated what I meant about the level design being bland. I feel like the enemies could be positioned in more creative, challenging ways, or that they could be more aggressive. As it is right now, there's a lot of flat hallways with enemies barely able to do anything but wait for you to kill them, y'know?

Of course, I'm aware that this is probably gonna be the first "area" of the game, but even with that said, I can't help but feel like the level design is somewhat underwhelming.

Everything else about the game feels and looks great though. I'm just worried about the quality of the challenge is all.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2659 on: June 24, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »
Cool playthrough, markyjoe! I just merged it with this topic as that's where everyone's posting their playthrough vids, commentary on the demos, etc. :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
« Reply #2660 on: June 25, 2016, 04:28:05 AM »
Ahhh. Thank you for letting me know, Gunlord.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2661 on: June 25, 2016, 05:35:39 AM »
No prob :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2662 on: June 25, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »
Guys I have played the demo now and I am VERY impressed feels like CV game yes it really do and I find two secret rooms too;)

Ohh man next year yess.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #2663 on: June 25, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
The demo overall was a very satisfied experience for me. Everything was Amazingly polished
The bad point is that the PC system requirement is too high for the ordinary computers that I can have a use of it (I joined the kickstarter event but I only have $40 for free use back to that time so I finally decided to grab other people's demo file on the Internet for a teastment)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:30:07 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2664 on: June 25, 2016, 09:53:27 PM »
After that pre-E3 FFXV demo I think I'm good with not playing game demo's for a while.

I want to be surprised. I'm also getting the PS4 version, no system requirements necessary.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2665 on: June 26, 2016, 05:03:20 AM »
The demo overall was a very satisfied experience for me. Everything was Amazingly polished
The bad point is that the PC system requirement is too high for the ordinary computers that I can have a use of it (I joined the kickstarter event but I only have $40 for free use back to that time so I finally decided to grab other people's demo file on the Internet for a teastment)

Note that the requirements are very exaggerated, I suggest booting up that "acquired demo" for compatibility, but any mid-range PC should do.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #2666 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:02 AM »
Note that the requirements are very exaggerated, I suggest booting up that "acquired demo" for compatibility, but any mid-range PC should do.

Yeah...  but the convert thing between platforms makes me worried about the final result of presentation on console versions since It's not so fluent on some PC s (I donated for psv version choice during kickstarter event and I hope it won't stuck like an old train on psv)

I know the PC system requirements are there but there should be more optional choices of screen/video resolution before entering main game in future PC builds

Anyway I'm interested in performance of any (if possible) future psv builds
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:20:48 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2667 on: June 26, 2016, 11:43:46 AM »
Yeah...  but the convert thing between platforms makes me worried about the final result of presentation on console versions since It's not so fluent on some PC s (I donated for psv version choice during kickstarter event and I hope it won't stuck like an old train on psv)

I know the PC system requirements are there but there should be more optional choices of screen/video resolution before entering main game in future PC builds

Anyway I'm interested in performance of any (if possible) future psv builds

I wonder if anyone has asked PC specific questions, because I won't be able to play with this machine. but with a few adjustments it could be playable (it doesn't handle unity and unreal well)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2669 on: June 27, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
Oohhh, thanks for this, Mike!  Much appreciated.  Will give a proper listen tomorrow once I have more time, but so far sounding very good. :D
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags:

anything