Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047128 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2730 on: September 09, 2016, 12:19:01 AM »
Disappointing though.
But probably for the best!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2731 on: September 09, 2016, 12:53:16 AM »
Yeah, no big deal to wait this one out. I'd rather wait and have a polished game then see something that's mediocre, incomplete, and full of bugs. IGA and his team should definitely take their time and do a good job right from the get-go. It'll make playing the game that much more rewarding.

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather have a good, delayed game than a timely, mediocre one.

(So long as it doesn't get stuck in development hell, but I doubt that would happen)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2732 on: September 09, 2016, 01:41:47 AM »
I'm fine with the delay. IGA was really sincere in his apologies using formal Japanese.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2733 on: September 09, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »
At this rate, H1Z1 King of the Kill, ARK Survival Evolved and Black Desert Online are coming to PS4 sooner
(maybe even Kingdom Under Fire II if that's still being ported, LOL if that's the case.)

a cool thing about Bloodstained being pushed, is that they can get the content and features included instead of cut.

you know the original PS1 SOTN is actually a really butchered and rushed version of its original intended build. 
NITM and DXC did add missing parts, but still the first impressions of SOTN got the most incomplete impressions, which is messed up because most still haven't played the NITM nor DXC versions which are superior to the PS1 original, and the Xbox360 port didn't add anything significant.

yea NITM was not as polished as SOTN, but still the content and overall sum of its parts still makes it a better version.
it was awesome that all 3 characters are even choosable from the start.

Bloodstained is still on track for PS4 release, ah ,the physical case could be gorgeous.  and PS4 is still just barely entering its golden age. 

haha, it's funny that FFXIV 3rd expansion may release around the time Bloodstained is out. well most of the 2nd expansion updates anyways.

not sure how people would react to Bloodstained launch, though.  it can be an epic IGAvania game.  though I mean there's only so many hours it has.   the fatigue of waiting might cause some to feel like it's not enough.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2734 on: September 09, 2016, 11:33:53 AM »
I'm totally fine with this I have other games and play in the meantime anyway much better and make the game the best polished and finished.

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2735 on: September 09, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
IGA announced that Bloodstained will be delayed until some time in the first half of 2018. IGA stated his reason that he is concerned the game is not meeting his quality standards, and has brought in another development team to help.

This news comes out recently after Mighty No. 9 comes out, and was a failure. Mighty No. 9 was also a huge Kickstarter success, with millions crowd-funded, and it also aped a classic beloved franchise. Developer Inti Creates is working on Bloodstained, and also worked on Mighty No 9.

Anyone worried about Bloodstained sharing the same fate as Mighty No. 9, and being a let-down and a flop?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2736 on: September 09, 2016, 02:07:07 PM »
Too early to say anything, but I can say this: Bloodstained was already much better in less than a year than Mighty N9 was in two.

IGA has already showed a big compromise with the fans with transparent, upfront updates, another thing Mighty N9 failed to deliver.

The only thing barely similar between both projects is the involvement of Inti Creates and this delay. I'd say we have little reason for worry.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2737 on: September 09, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »
IGA announced that Bloodstained will be delayed until some time in the first half of 2018. IGA stated his reason that he is concerned the game is not meeting his quality standards, and has brought in another development team to help.

This news comes out recently after Mighty No. 9 comes out, and was a failure. Mighty No. 9 was also a huge Kickstarter success, with millions crowd-funded, and it also aped a classic beloved franchise. Developer Inti Creates is working on Bloodstained, and also worked on Mighty No 9.

Anyone worried about Bloodstained sharing the same fate as Mighty No. 9, and being a let-down and a flop?

I'm not really worried about Inti Creates being on this for a couple reasons.

1) Yes, they worked on Mighty which wound up as a disaster, but most of their other games are damn solid.
2) The development of Bloodstained seems SOOOOOOO much more organized than the haphazard mess that Inafune put together with Mighty. IGA and his team seemed to be focused on one thing: delivering a damn good Igavania -- unlike Inafune, who looked way too far ahead into the future, with a TV series, feature film, spin-off games, sequels... We were nothing short of a Broadway show and a clothing line there.

Taking a look at both timelines, it's been well over a year since IGA's campaign ended. And all the updates have been just that: updates on the game itself. By that amount of time had passed on Mighty, look at the amount of things that were announced to create a franchise out of it.

tl;dr - One bad apple doesn't ruin the bunch, and Inti seems to have their shit together on this one.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2738 on: September 10, 2016, 05:33:51 AM »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2739 on: September 11, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
+1
who knows. Leadership can make a terrible team make a better game. 

look at Diablo III.  it launched terrible on PC, eventually the previous director stepped down, another took over, fixed a lot of things, made the console versions, and made a more definitive version and made a comeback.

FFXIV is the biggest comeback in mmorpg history, and that was influenced by the difference in leaders.

H1Z1 seemed to be going nowhere, but with the new leadership, now they are set to launch the game sept 20, 2016 and then start the console ports.     yes Just Survive seems like a lost cause at least for now, but the team learned their strengths is in KOTK so that's what they are focusing on.  plus battle royale popularity and sales and userbase outnumbers the Just Survive numbers, so its natural how the project shifted to its PVP masterpiece.

maybe IGA can turn that bad reputation team into a great team for Bloodstained.  time will tell.   if IGA really is in control, then the team's talents could be put to better use.      so maybe they have the right direction and support to do it right.   

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2740 on: September 12, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
IGA has to be in control as this is his game they're producing. I can't see it being any other way unless he willingly brought in someone to be in charge.

look at Diablo III.  it launched terrible on PC, eventually the previous director stepped down, another took over, fixed a lot of things, made the console versions, and made a more definitive version and made a comeback.

I own this game on PS4 and I love it. I also learned a lot of the previous two Diablo games from this one as well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #2741 on: September 16, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
I discuss the delay in episode 9 of the Bloodstained Community Broadcast if anyone is interested in listening.

You can listen to the show on YouTube https://youtu.be/6KCJcgBPgkg
Wordpress https://bloodstainedfanforums.wordpress.com
iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bloodstained-community-broadcast/id1041642422
Stitcher http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/michael-mcdaniel/bloodstained-community-broadcast?refid=stpr
Google Play https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/I6zykzjof556rmd65c372zvt4ne
or by the RSS feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloodstained

Or just here
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2742 on: September 24, 2016, 02:21:23 PM »
Music update! Check your e-mail, not sure if they want these publicly posted, the playlist is private on Soundcloud.

THESE NEW MUSIC TRACKS ARE SO GOOOOOOD

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2743 on: September 24, 2016, 05:30:59 PM »
+1
I hear these tracks and it's like a wave of happiness washes over me!  "Yes...this is what I've been waiting for!"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2744 on: September 25, 2016, 01:11:27 AM »
Those music files are out with the new development update!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1686739

*happy dance*

Tags:

anything