Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 113728 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »
screw em both, wheres my pc release!?

I second this.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:48 AM »
MGS: Peacemaker.

lol! That's Peacewalker actually. And it's coming out on the MGS collection for the PS3 so it won't be just on the PSP anymore.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 02:02:22 AM »
I mentioned the possibility a few pages ago. Jeez, you guys!  :'(

Seriously though, it would be nice if we'd get some kind of info from Konami already. Like some kind of vague hint of things to come on their Facebook page, or something (although looking back, their "in a perfect world" post might have been worth more than most people thought). I hope they can reveal something at TGS, but boy am I not getting my hopes up.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:27:58 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 02:13:40 AM »
Weither or not if its for the Vita or consoles, only in time will we see if this is fake or not.

Though i hope its not for the Vita. Then again i really don't mind but still.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2011, 05:23:50 AM »
I second this.

As long as it's physical media, hell yes.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2011, 07:10:09 AM »
Big goddamn surprise Sony tried to FORCE people from specific franchises to buy their crappy handhelds because the games are exclusive. They did it with Dracula X Chronicles, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and MGS: Peacemaker.

Joke's on them. I haven't bought a 3DS for Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D for Revelations, so Sony can suck on it too.

The PSP was a great system. Just because you didn't like it and would rather be cooped up in your house in front of a tv doesn't mean everyone feels that way. I travel quite a bit, so a console isn't really much of an option for me.

Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. Either buy a Vita or don't, but don't bitch about them releasing games just because you don't own the system. Jesus, this community is filled to the brim with whiners. Doesn't matter what they do, it's never good enough. It'd serve this community right if Konami just threw up their hands and said, "Fuck it, we're not gonna bother releasing any more Castlevania games."

With all that said, I really hope this is a redone collection of the earlier games a'la DXC. We could use updates to some of those games playable on a more current system and the Vita/3DS would be the perfect platform for that as I don't know how much love a console release would get.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »
The PSP was a great system. Just because you didn't like it and would rather be cooped up in your house in front of a tv doesn't mean everyone feels that way. I travel quite a bit, so a console isn't really much of an option for me.

Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. Either buy a Vita or don't, but don't bitch about them releasing games just because you don't own the system. Jesus, this community is filled to the brim with whiners. Doesn't matter what they do, it's never good enough. It'd serve this community right if Konami just threw up their hands and said, "Fuck it, we're not gonna bother releasing any more Castlevania games."

With all that said, I really hope this is a redone collection of the earlier games a'la DXC. We could use updates to some of those games playable on a more current system and the Vita/3DS would be the perfect platform for that as I don't know how much love a console release would get.

Like I said, people are crazy like that. I have a PSP and like you, I think it's a great platform, with lots of great games. In RPG camp, I find it even better than the DS.

The only problems were the lack of third partie support in the west, the strategy of putting "console" type games without proper controls. These problems will be corrected with Vita.

Sony henchmen aren't going to enter your house and force you to buy shit, you buy if you think it's good and that's it. Videogames aren't a necessity, they're a fucking luxury, just remember that and you'll be fine.

Same can be said about Nintendo: They aren't forcing nobody to buy shit. And the games being released for it are mainly ports of console games, people (read: fanboys) just conveniently forget about it.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »

Sony henchmen aren't going to enter your house and force you to buy shit, you buy if you think it's good and that's it. Videogames aren't a necessity, they're a fucking luxury, just remember that and you'll be fine.

Well said, both.  How stupid is it to whine about Konami not putting out an anniversary game, and then whining when you don't like what they finally choose to put out?  Konami doesn't owe you anything.  Yes, you've bought their games.  You bought them because you wanted something fun to play, not because you felt like supporting some foreign company out of the goodness of your heart.  You can stop buying their products anytime you wish.  And they can stop making games anytime they wish.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
lol! That's Peacewalker actually. And it's coming out on the MGS collection for the PS3 so it won't be just on the PSP anymore.

MGS 5: Pacemaker

You play as Solid Snake in his final, final mission. Use the tap function to move Snake's wheelchair around and avoid shitting your pants by moving the analog sticks. Mini-games include using Snake's iPad to play the previous games, putting your fake teeth on and trying not to let Alzheimer's make Snake forget his mission. Co-op included: play as Big Boss who has been resurrected by the Patriots as a spider robot.

Also, as per Hideo Kojima's ingenious idea introduced in the past, the game becomes unusable when you die or complete the game. Initial response has been positive; most Japanese gaming magazines have given the game 9/10.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:22:32 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2011, 09:29:45 AM »
@Doctamario
@Maedhros (less so)
@PFG (to a and even less degree)

You guys are not at all helping the situation by bitching about the people who bitch.  It's a cacophony of heavy insulting opinions.  That's even worse of a form than bitching about Konami (who don't at all care that said community is bitching since they won't read any of this anyway).  Let them vent.
Unfortunately, your bitching about the community can be stopped by you not posting said bitchy remarks, just like it can be stopped by them not buying the games.  It's funny how logic works, sometimes.

It is a luxury to buy games and game systems... and with the way the economy is, it makes no sense to have to purchase an expensive new gadget to play a collection of old games.  As such, it does not seem smart for Konami to force people to do that... at least to me.  Maybe the portability is somewhat of a factor, but then why not do it right now, with the PSP?  Why wait?  Seems like Sony may be having somekind of back-stage deal or something.

The people who are bitching aren't anti-fanboys; they're people who don't want to spend money in order to... spend more money.  You're spending to buy a Vita in order to... spend to get a game collection.  Not everyone is made of money, so a lot of us (myself included) would have preferred a collection on an existing console, preferrably one that can deliver high-resolution graphics... and oodles of space... you know, for extra content, etc.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:20 AM »
@Doctamario
@Maedhros (less so)
@PFG (to a and even less degree)

You guys are not at all helping the situation by bitching about the people who bitch.  It's a cacophony of heavy insulting opinions.  That's even worse of a form than bitching about Konami (who don't at all care that said community is bitching since they won't read any of this anyway).  Let them vent.
Unfortunately, your bitching about the community can be stopped by you not posting said bitchy remarks, just like it can be stopped by them not buying the games.  It's funny how logic works, sometimes.

It is a luxury to buy games and game systems... and with the way the economy is, it makes no sense to have to purchase an expensive new gadget to play a collection of old games.  As such, it does not seem smart for Konami to force people to do that... at least to me.  Maybe the portability is somewhat of a factor, but then why not do it right now, with the PSP?  Why wait?  Seems like Sony may be having somekind of back-stage deal or something.

The people who are bitching aren't anti-fanboys; they're people who don't want to spend money in order to... spend more money.  You're spending to buy a Vita in order to... spend to get a game collection.  Not everyone is made of money, so a lot of us (myself included) would have preferred a collection on an existing console, preferrably one that can deliver high-resolution graphics... and oodles of space... you know, for extra content, etc.

The argument is still ridiculous, because it can be used by everyone.
For example, I don't have a PS3, neither a XBOX360. I don't want Konami to release it for them, because I don't want to buy it just for it. Why can't they release the game on a platform I own, like the DS?

See? It's ridiculous. If they think releasing the game(which I remind you, is probably fake) on Vita will make them more money, then so be it.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
Actually, it's really rational. It might not happen because of money, but it's a rational thought to want it on what you can play on.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »
What Jorge said.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
If they think releasing the game(which I remind you, is probably fake) on Vita will make them more money, then so be it.

That's the thing; many seem to feel (and I agree with them) that it's not smart and  it will not make them more money.

This was proven with "The DraculaX Chronicles".  Had they released that game for, say, PS2.  Or you know what?  You could've maybe done PS2/Wii or PS3/X360, it would have probably generated more sales and exposed the franchise further than PSP.

The PSP is just not that popular in the USA (I think I can say that with some degree of certainty), and some people feel that having the Vita, a brand newcomer system, with its own new pricetag and cloud of 'possible' games, as Konami's choice for a game system for their Chronicles... would probably suffer a similar fate for the title like the DXC title was (in comparison to putting it out on PS3/X360/Wii or something).

I don't think it's that irrational... though I do agree that there's probably some anti-fanboyism playing a part in this.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »
When Castlevania DXC was released, PSP was pretty popular here. Of course, if you compare it to the DS, then nobody is popular at all.

I don't think it would change anything if they released it for another platform.

Vita is developing to be a great platformer for gamers in general, it's not unreasonable for them to launch the game on it.

Tags:

anything