Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 113726 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »
Sonic Mega Collection Plus a la Castlevania Chronicles
Get a Console Port to DXC, adding Cronicles 1, with a New Remaster of Castlevania 3 or 4, Packed in with the rest of the non PS2 games, add dev interview vids, artwork, timeline, and dev notes on the canceled games and such, just like sonic (may not be remastered, but Sonic 1+2 were updated fixing many glitches)

I think I rather want The Complete Chronicles to be some kind off database (just like with Metal Gear) rather then a boring collection.
I think that'll send the fans in uproar to have an anniversary project turned into a boring app that you visit like once
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:20:46 AM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2011, 03:22:03 AM »
I'd like to have both. I've always thought a database would be cool, especially if it gets updated with each new release (the Metal Gear Database didn't do this after Peace Walker came out). It would be a nice little bonus to an anniversary package.

If this collection thing really does happen to be true, I honestly wonder if it ties in with the Vita through this transfarring crap. Konami will probably push this technology quite a bit (for maybe a year or two at least), so maybe a collection could be made with the PS3 in mind, but also can be played interchangeably with the Vita, and was thus included on the list? This could explain why MGS Rising is on there, too. I don't know, a longshot probably. But to me, it seems silly for Konami to release a compilation of old games that probably won't utilize the technology the Vita has. The thought of this being a Vita-only title seems almost absurd.

Although only a pipe dream, I'd love to see a beta Bloodlines and Resurrection make it into the collection. It would make my black, fanboy heart just melt. (Look at me, I'm getting hyped about a collection that probably doesn't exist.  :-\ )
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:20:39 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2011, 03:29:51 AM »
Why do people think this could be DXC + CV Chronicles in a bundle? I have never heard anything more random. I mean, the playstation game Castlevania Chronicles from 2001? RLY? Why would Konami pick that game together with DXC? Because it was called Chronicles? Also, what about these games says "complete" to you? There's no logic here whatsoever. Or maybe I'm stupid. Well well, whaevah..

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2011, 03:35:15 AM »
I think it's only that everyone is being cynical due to Konami's laziness as of late. I think combining the two Chronicles sounds preposterous, too, but I'm not sure how surprised I'd be to see something so baffling or lazy actually happen.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2011, 04:21:58 AM »
I think that'll send the fans in uproar to have an anniversary project turned into a boring app that you visit like once

I'm not saying they should do that for the anniversary, just that I would take that any day over a collection.

Offline Ruffy005

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2011, 04:54:55 AM »
I sure hope this is not a Vita release only....seriously as much as i am a Castlevania fan through and through, i do not want to purchase another of sony's portable consoles.......

I hope it is a digital or compilation disc, that will be released on both ps3 and xbox360, with a ton of 25th anniversary goodies.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2011, 05:01:14 AM »
This really better be multiplatform. I'm not buying a Vita just for one game.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2011, 05:14:50 AM »
I think it's only that everyone is being cynical due to Konami's laziness as of late. I think combining the two Chronicles sounds preposterous, too, but I'm not sure how surprised I'd be to see something so baffling or lazy actually happen.

Damn straight, I'm being cynical. Konami's not gonna just abruptly change their ways outta the blue. Tell me about a collection in conjunction with a new CEO and then I'll be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:16:21 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2011, 06:52:02 AM »
Konami packaging the two chronicles games makes a tone of sense. Anyone else noticed how they are packaging a bunch of older games and slapping "HD" in there?

Part of me hopes it's just the two Chronicles games so I don't have to buy a Vita...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »
I can't believe some people want this title to be something boring just so they don't have to spend money on a Vita.  :-X   

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2011, 07:16:35 AM »
Us fans don't know what we want nagumo

Some people just want a new game beamed directly into their brain it seems, but with a disc

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
so I peek my head in during vacation and see this :) I had a feeling I would be missing something big.

Yeah, if this is only for Vita I'll flip. I'd at least like to see a non-Sony console/handheld release because I have a 360, a 3DS, and no PS3. I was planning on getting a Vita eventually though, so I guess it'll all work out.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
Damn straight, I'm being cynical.

As are others right now. Never said anything was wrong with it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
I can't believe some people want this title to be something boring just so they don't have to spend money on a Vita.  :-X

People are crazyhypocrite like that.

EDIT: Wow, hypocrital... is that even a word?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2011, 01:25:22 PM »
As are others right now. Never said anything was wrong with it.

Yeah, there's a lot of tension in the industry lately. What with these 3rd party companies acting all ape-shit crazy, and the big-ass earthquake last year didn't help anyone.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything