Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?  (Read 53692 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
Damn... You and I are the same in the way we think about CV games. OOE was actually my favourite game and from my perspective it was the last true CV game released. Maybe this is why I haven't completely beaten Albus mode yet, once I finish the game on the final mode and the hardest setting, then aside from going back to older games, I truly feel CV will be put to rest for me.
LOS was a one trick pony, literally. One decent game which wasn't even really CV. It was a reimagining of CV merged with elements which made other game franchises good.
I agree, without KS, Iga's Vania will die, or worse, be too prolonged like the 1999 game. Then when the hype dies, so will the game.

What can I say, I think up to OOE I always had that feeling that unboxing a new igavania was like opening a xmas gift. I never felt that strongly about games in my adult life, aside from with CV, the magic was always there and I felt like the franchise really connected with myself as a fan. Sadly, this is no longer, but I'm glad to have had this for the times I did in my life. I recall the absolute worst time in my life where igavania CV was there, it helped a lot. RIP my friend. To the best of times +

I am glad there is more of us :) Yes, Ecclesia is the last true Castlevania in my eyes. I did play CV Rebirth (WiiWare) which was nice, but this was a remake. OOE is a jewel and I started replaying it last night. It felt so good! I even deleted the Albus mode which I had played, because I cant remember if I finished that mode. I will play it later like I have never played it, hehe..I also look forward to replaying Aria and Dawn of sorrow`s Julius mode. So awesome. To me, IGAvanias were also such a joy to wait for, from the first screenshots, to interviews, launch of game, ordering the game, opening the game, playing it for first time. I used to let myself play them slowly, to appreciate each day a new level/castle area/boss. I still admire Castlevania`s music and artwork, this is actually what has stayed with me in my adult life more than games. I have less time to play games, so while listening to CV music or enjoying the artwork I put on the wall, I feel the same as I felt while playing the games.

Kickstarter! IGA! Encourage! Or enslave :) Is there anyone here who can try to reach him with support from fans? Mighty No. 9 worked out so well, IGAvania cannot do worse. It might be the only way, I think the chances with publishers are slim.

You're all being overly dramatic. Give IGA time. I'm sure we'll hear something eventually. Hell, the LOS games are done, too - we might even hear something from Konami. Don't think that we're the only ones worried about our favorite franchise. Trust me, other fanbases are in worse shape than us. Castlevania is too important to Konami. They won't just let it die. I'm sure they realize that Metal Gear can't hold them over forever.

I admit I want IGAvania much more than any Castlevania from Konami. After what has happened, I don`t have hopes. It would have to be a 2D game. Most elements that I like about Castlevania came from IGA  ;D If I was head of Konami, I would pay IGA millions of "moneys" to make new Castlevania game and I wouldn`t give any conditions. I would tell him: "Do the game YOU want to do!" I am sure something amazing would come out.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2014, 09:14:28 PM »
You're all being overly dramatic. Give IGA time. I'm sure we'll hear something eventually. Hell, the LOS games are done, too - we might even hear something from Konami. Don't think that we're the only ones worried about our favorite franchise. Trust me, other fanbases are in worse shape than us. Castlevania is too important to Konami. They won't just let it die. I'm sure they realize that Metal Gear can't hold them over forever.

2D Castlevania has been put to death by Konami. Adventure Wiibirth was the last real release and that was years ago now.

Now that LOS has flopped, the same thing is happening with 3d Castlevania. No announcements at E3 or TGS, means nothing will be released until the year after next at least i.e. 2016 at the absolute earliest, which is looking doubtful at this point. Plus other games such as Bloodborne are taking the limelight on the 3d action rpg platformer front based in a similar context.

Nope, it doesn't look promising.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2014, 12:22:46 AM »
+1
Maybe a long break will do Castlevania good, let the series take some years off. Then maybe it'll come back strong as ever in the future.

And if the series is put to a permanant rest, then at least we had 20+ years of goodness. Some companies wish it had the longivity Castlevania had and that series had one hell of a run.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
Maybe a long break will do Castlevania good, let the series take some years off. Then maybe it'll come back strong as ever in the future.

And if the series is put to a permanant rest, then at least we had 20+ years of goodness. Some companies wish it had the longivity Castlevania had and that series had one hell of a run.

I honestly do not agree with this, it's a video game series not a sick child. Having time off will simply disconnect the series from the changing times and current trends, and it will stagnate. It will lose what little connection it has with the public. If CV has 3-4 years off and returns, no hardcore fan will by then even give a rat's ass about CV. The hardcore fanbase will be reduced to a pile of ashes.

If it's put to rest, then at least Konami should give the series a dignified exit and give its hardcore fanbase the game they want. But no, everything has to be AAA MGS... Maybe CV hasn't lost its identity, perhaps it's Konami. 

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »
+1
The hardcore fanbase will be reduced to a pile of ashes.

A little late for that actually.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »
I honestly do not agree with this, it's a video game series not a sick child. Having time off will simply disconnect the series from the changing times and current trends, and it will stagnate. It will lose what little connection it has with the public. If CV has 3-4 years off and returns, no hardcore fan will by then even give a rat's ass about CV. The hardcore fanbase will be reduced to a pile of ashes.

If it's put to rest, then at least Konami should give the series a dignified exit and give its hardcore fanbase the game they want. But no, everything has to be AAA MGS... Maybe CV hasn't lost its identity, perhaps it's Konami.

MGS did work out, each games was released about 3-4 years, why it wouldn't work in Castlevania as well? Just look at what happened in IGA's games, each games did a very short time so their quality totally suffers. Reality check, what you want can be totally opposite, hardcore fans will revive interest in a certain franchise once it was announced even after years since it's last activity.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2014, 11:41:19 PM »
+1
Games don't grow on trees, they cannot show stuff if they're still doing pre-prod stuff. Give them time.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2014, 02:02:19 AM »
MGS did work out, each games was released about 3-4 years, why it wouldn't work in Castlevania as well? Just look at what happened in IGA's games, each games did a very short time so their quality totally suffers. Reality check, what you want can be totally opposite, hardcore fans will revive interest in a certain franchise once it was announced even after years since it's last activity.

Yeah.... Maybe because MGS have always been highly commercial titles, and Castlevania has flourished as a niche title with the exception of LOS 1.

Waiting 3-4 years will not work because MS fucked up MOF and LOS 2, both titles were not successful like their predecessor. You can not leave a series like CV on a shit note, because the casual fans are limited and will move on. This will let the franchise die by leaving the palate of hardcore fans foul, they too will move on. Hence, nobody will care in 3-4 years. If LOS 1 had been released and LOS 2 was better than it and captured as many fans as possible, would have been a different story. Instead they spent nearly 3 years developing the shittest 2d Castlevania ever released, and skimped/ fucked up LOS 2, which should have been the blockbuster title that saved the series.

The quality of Iga's 3d games were average. But his main trademark, most of which were handheld games were much better than the crap than ensued on the 3ds.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2014, 03:20:22 AM »
Games don't grow on trees, they cannot show stuff if they're still doing pre-prod stuff. Give them time.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:37 AM »
Hey guys! Anyone know Koji igarashi FAcebook page? Give me a link please...

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/koji.igarashi1?fref=ts

i think it's this one, it's closed and not accepting reqs tho

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:23 PM »
All he does anymore is post what beer or wine he's drinking at the moment or any weird bugs he's seen, so it's not horribly interesting.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2014, 03:48:30 AM »
For now all the things are not that identified and it's hard to doubt the fate of such a long-running series like CV
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2014, 04:08:49 AM »
Well. This project probably has no relation Koji Igarashi and in Castlevania.
I'm on hiatus now.

Tags:

anything