Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045819 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2790 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »
Did anyone see the dev update? No gameplay, no ost etc Just a weatern guy who spoke Japanese really well and a Japanese guy saying "We'll do our best!"... BooooRING

I would be lying if I said that I didn't thought the same thing. When I knew that they were going to show a video in this update, I was expecting something better than this.

Well, games take time to be made, so hopefully they can show something new to us in 2 months.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2791 on: November 28, 2016, 04:04:48 PM »
I would be lying if I said that I didn't thought the same thing. When I knew that they were going to show a video in this update, I was expecting something better than this.

Well, games take time to be made, so hopefully they can show something new to us in 2 months.

Not that I care because I've already paid for it, but I have a feeling this is acquiring new "hands on deck" to finish by 2018 even.
Maybe Iga realised that doing it all himself would take him another 2-3 years by which time the hype train would've run out of coal.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2792 on: December 13, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2793 on: December 13, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
Wow this is looking better, and better. Shame its getting pushed back to 2018.  :'(

Really hope he some how gets the rights to CV back, as every time I see this, Makes me Think of how good a CV game could be in this day and age.

Well one can wish.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2794 on: December 13, 2016, 09:15:33 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I like how the lighting/colors look without the procedural generation, mainly on the pillars. It is a hell of a lot more detailed with procedural generation, and I probably wouldn't have noticed if i hadnt seen the before version anyway, so it's probably for the best.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2795 on: December 13, 2016, 09:37:51 PM »
Wow this is looking better, and better. Shame its getting pushed back to 2018.  :'(

Really hope he some how gets the rights to CV back, as every time I see this, Makes me Think of how good a CV game could be in this day and age.

Well one can wish.

As cool as it would be, I'd honestly prefer IGA didn't. He and his team have significantly more creative freedom by creating their own world and universe, not being tied down by whatever established storyline ideas or mythologies.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2796 on: December 13, 2016, 11:48:44 PM »
As cool as it would be, I'd honestly prefer IGA didn't. He and his team have significantly more creative freedom by creating their own world and universe, not being tied down by whatever established storyline ideas or mythologies.

I agree with this. Let IGA do his own thing with his own IP: Bloodstained. He can take Bloodstained in which ever direction he wants it to go and nobody would be the wiser. He kept CV going for a good long while, but he shouldn't need to keep it for the rest of his days. CV needs to go to someone/someones' who're beloved CV fans and who will respect the series as it was in the past--Before it got all convoluted/contrived and then rebooted & destroyed.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2797 on: December 14, 2016, 12:56:30 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I like how the lighting/colors look without the procedural generation, mainly on the pillars. It is a hell of a lot more detailed with procedural generation, and I probably wouldn't have noticed if i hadnt seen the before version anyway, so it's probably for the best.

I think 'with' PG looks much better and grittier. The environment is too prisitine without it.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2798 on: December 14, 2016, 05:12:50 AM »
This is looking amazing.  I'm agreeing with the thoughts that the environment does look better with the PG, the touches of weathering and variantion just add something extra.  I'm really excited about this.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2799 on: December 15, 2016, 02:04:29 AM »
Nice~! I love the weathering effects too.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2800 on: December 16, 2016, 08:57:55 AM »
I can see what you mean, If I were IGA, or someone else, id Reboot it, but un Like LOS, id make it the older games, like Giving the Whip power, unlike LOS's whip.
Then you could start anew, both with the Belmont line, and Dracula's back story. However some I have talked to about this seem to be unhappy with this Idea, so its up in the air.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2801 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »
+1
Bloodstained can have whip wielders and vampires without needing to be based on Castlevania lore.

IGA didn't make a Vampire Hunter D game, they made CV SOTN. 

Blizzard didn't make Team Fortress 3, they made Overwatch.

From Software didn't make a Berserk game, they created DeS and Dark Souls.

MK team didn't make a Street Fighter 2 or Street Fighter 2 remix, they created Mortal Kombat.

people can be inspired by things and create things related to inspirations, without copy pasting the brand, and still be able to create something as popular or even more popular than their inspirations, and at the sametime own their own creations.

that's what a lot of fan developers have yet to understand.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2802 on: December 17, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
IGA didn't make a Vampire Hunter D game, they made CV SOTN. 

yeah The CV team seemed to love Vampire Hunter D, the whole Curtis Lang thing. the same goes for Simon in Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu. (maybe its just a coincidence, but still...) And how Alucard  went from looking like he did in Densetsu, to My love is a fire D look alike.  I would love to see, a sort of mix Of the two Alucards, as I think he does look very much like D... almost too much. But don't get me wrong there is Nothing bad about, taking inspiration from Hideyuki Kikuchi, I Know I have.
Speaking of CV lore, id have like to have seen where the developers of Apocalypse planed to take the story.  Like how

Reinhardt Schneider was Heir to the Belmont clan as well the Vampire killer whip, as I  had assumed that he was a pure blooded Belmont. As I always thought that his mother was a Belmont and she took her husbands name (as some do) Sort of like how Jotaro is still a pure blooded Jostar, he just had Kujo as his last name.  I really liked this Idea for the Belmont's, I mean IGA changed it so that all Pure blooded Belmont's kept the name Belmont and that's fine.
But also all that with Malus and the bad ending, id love to see how that would have gone down. Shame (for me at least ) that we'll most likely never get  to see the plans  they had for the CV  canon.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:19:52 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2803 on: December 18, 2016, 12:49:12 AM »
+2
Reinhardt Schneider was Heir to the Belmont clan as well the Vampire killer whip, as I  had assumed that he was a pure blooded Belmont.

Reinhardt is a pure-blooded Belmont. The only difference is his sir name. Many make the mistake that Patriarchy is the only way to have a pure bloodline. That's a terrible misconception that Patriarchal belief has established in society. It's garbage actually, if not sexist. If a woman of Belmont blood had a child with someone outside of the family that would not make the child any less of a Belmont. It's no different with the man of Belmont blood having a child with a woman outside of the family. The only difference is the name change. We have to keep in mind as well that CV64 (Apocalypse) came out before IGA had established his own personal CV mythos. Though, no doubt, it was in the works.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:50:59 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2804 on: December 18, 2016, 03:50:01 AM »
But also all that with Malus and the bad ending, id love to see how that would have gone down. Shame (for me at least ) that we'll most likely never get  to see the plans  they had for the CV  canon.

See my sig. I still believe CV64>LOD occurs in an alternate timeline to the main (Iga) canon, however, it's my belief if the bad ending of CV64 happens that Malus matures into an adult becoming the Dark Lord much later down the track. At this point an alternate (not from the main timeline) Richter Belmont inherits the VK and XX/Vampires Kiss takes place.