Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Dissidia Trailer!  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:04:03 AM »
http://kotaku.com/5045768/new-final-fantasy-dissidia-trailer

Here's the new Dissidia trailer. it shows three new characters: Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness and Kekfa!

Also, there is an awesome scene of all the villains coming out of flames and one of them looks like Zeromus from FF4, so here's hoping!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »

Yeah and in the video he looks like a real nutcase with manic schitzophrenia.  He goes from Happy Joking Jester to Incredibly Insane Madman in record-time.

The Heath Ledger Joker look certainly helps in that regard.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »
I wish Judgment looked as cool as this   :-\

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: New Dissidia Trailer!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 01:19:09 PM »
The game looks awesome....but i still cant get a handle on how it plays....i hope it plays well for all that fan service. Speaking of that lets check the list.

Game:Hero/Villain

1:Light Warrior/Garland (Garland's weapon is awesome)

2:Frion and Emperor (I love how Frion looks just like he came out Amano's portfolio)

3: Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness. (A surprising addition i have to say..i mean, Isn't She like FF9's Necron?)

4) Uh...well...im voting for Cecil and Rubecant(Spelling is totally wrong)

5) Uh...well...dont know a thing about 5, so no guesses.

6)N/A---/Kefka (The people voice Terra as a great candidate)

7)N/A---/Sephoiroth(Sp?) (Strange that Cloud's absent from this trailer, my guess...unlockable)

8) Squall/Ultamecia (Was it me or did ultamecia have the trigger system as well?)

9) Zidane/Kuja (Fuck Zidane, Steiner would have been awesome!)

10) Tidus/Jeckt (Im maining Jeckt. lol! Seriously thought, he may have been an ass but hes no Villain. i smell betrayal)

11) Altana/Promathia (Ok this is a stretch but those two figures on the title and at the end of the movie do remind me alot about them. They are two opposing deities in FF11 although Promathia looks nothing like that. Hence the stretch. Also upon watching the the trailer again the lava beast might be Chaos...but that doesn't make to much sense either...eh ill go with my vote.)
*Warnning spoiler for FF12 ahead...*
12) Not represented...and i severely doubt it will...the characters where too grounded in realism to even been seen doing half the stuff in the dissida trailers. Also only 10 villains are in the silhouettes. If they where to put anything it probally would be Vaan and Judge Gabranth. In a perfect world it would be Balthier and Dr. Cid for 2 reason. 1)Balthier is awesome and 2)Just to have a Cid

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »
In Reply To #4

With FF4 it wouldn't be Rubicant, it would be either Golbez or Zeromus, and since they seem to be going with final bosses I'm guessing Zeromus.

FF5 would probably be Bartz and X-Death (or Exodus)

for FF6 you can just barely see Terra's arm and skirt in the cinematic at the end

There is no FF11 or 12 and those two character Gods are Cosmos and Chaos, Chaos from FF1 and Cosmos is new

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »
FFIV's villain is Golbez. People who attended the DKS3713 event said that both Golbez and Exdeath were confirmed.

And yeah, Nomura basically confirmed 20 characters, a hero and villain from FFI-FFX. FFXI and FFXII are absent. Though, Nomura did hint that he was trying to squeeze in as many characters as he could, meaning there's a good chance we can see secondary characters(Locke, Tifa, Kain, Auron) and special characters(Gilgamesh) as unlockables. So far this is the basic hopeful list:

1. Warrior of Light & Garland (both confirmed by pictures)
2. Firion & Emperor Paramekia (both confirmed by pictures)
3. Onion Knight & Cloud of Darkness (both confirmed by pictures)
4. Cecil & Golbez
5. Bartz & Exdeath
6. Terra & Kefka (Kefka confrimed by pictures)
7. Cloud & Sephiroth(Sephiroth confirmed by pictures)
8. Squall & Ultimecia(both confirmed by pictures)
9. Zidane & Kuja(both cofirmed by pictures)
10. Tidus & Jecht(both confirmed by pictures)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »
As much as I love Golbez, I was hoping, and still am, for Zeromus. Garland and Exdeath are already huge hulking knights, I don't really think there should be 3! Regardless, I'm so pumped for this

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »
My favorite character is Squall. There is no video with him in action, but i can't wait to play like him!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 09:37:22 PM »
In Reply To #8

Same, I heard its coming to 360, so I'm most likely going to play this game. I doubt I'll buy it though.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:09:32 AM »
I'm all for the idea of an FF All-stars, but I'm nervous about how this one actually handles --Castlevania Judgement will at least have some familiar gameplay, but this game seems to be taking a bigger risk.  Putting these characters in a fighter game may alienate their hardcore RPG fans.

What's with that grid looking thing in the trailer anyways?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »
Not sure what the grid thing is, I assume thats just sort of a map to go through rather just fighting one character after another.

As for gameplay, I've read this game is actually fun to play but still keeps it fairly simple with one button for attack combos, and one for magics, which should handle just fine for the hardcore RPG players.
I hear it's been getting good reviews from those who have played it so far

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »
I'm all for the idea of an FF All-stars, but I'm nervous about how this one actually handles --Castlevania Judgement will at least have some familiar gameplay, but this game seems to be taking a bigger risk.  Putting these characters in a fighter game may alienate their hardcore RPG fans.

What's with that grid looking thing in the trailer anyways?

Judging from the trailers this game will probably play nothing like traditional fighters.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
In Reply To #7

It's Golbez:

http://i36.tinypic.com/et89i8.jpg

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:06:37 AM »
Ok, so Cecil's official --now for Kain...

dlausactor6373

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »
Mark Hamill should voice Kefka in the English dub.  Either him or Brad Swaile.

Tags: