Poll

Which is, in your opinion, the best BigFile Sharing Service on the Internet?

Rapidshare
1 (11.1%)
MegaUpload
4 (44.4%)
Mediafire
4 (44.4%)
Hotfile
0 (0%)
Other (Please Specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MegaUpload, Rapidshare, MediaFire..which is best?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
MegaUpload, Rapidshare, MediaFire..which is best?
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »
I'm thinking of uploading my music up to one of these services, but I don't know which one is the best or the most popular, so I need help deciding.
I hear conflicting opinions.  Anyone here know?  Thanks.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: MegaUpload, Rapidshare, MediaFire..which is best?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »
For me it's RapidShare cause at least with them, you don't have to sign up to download anything.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 12:44:48 PM »
Wait what? What do you mean you don't have to sign up to download anything from Rapidshare? Yes you do. You get extremely lmited downloads if you don't.

MediaFire allows you to download as much as you want, and simultaneously even if you don't have an account. So, if you want a big possible audience, I would guess that. I use Megaupload myself.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »
yeah mediafire hands down. No limits on downloads no limit on multiple connections... no speed limits... mediafires the shit

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »
I am using Rapidshare, Hotfile and Depositfiles. I believe that they are the most popular ones, but they have limited free downloads and speed limits for free users  :P

On the other hand, i have never search, download, using Mediafire, so i can't comment on this one.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »
MediaFire's my favorite of those 'cos of no upload or download limits.

RapidShare earned the name "RapidShit."
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
yuup... a few years ago when rapidshare first started up it was awesome but as soon as they figured out they could charge ppl to dl shit rapidshare doesnt even own it was all down hill

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »
Mediafire's the clear winner here, for reasons already mentioned.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:38 AM »
Do you have to sign up for mediashare in order to download? Cause that's my only complaint. RapidShare my be slow if you're not a member, but at least I've been able to get what I was looking for rather then other sites that do the same job, but expect you to sign up.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »
No sign up or anything. I don't know abuot uploading because I never uploaded anything. But for downloading, its free, fast, easy, and from what I've seen unlimited. Simultaneous download as well. Btu I've already said this haven't I?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
Thanks for everything guys.  I went with Mediafire.  Now I have high quality 320VBR MP3s of all my Castlevania Tunes up.

It's all in here! :O
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: