Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Game of Thrones" word for chain is "Belmon"  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
"Game of Thrones" word for chain is "Belmon"
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »
Seems like the guy who developed a language from the show "slipped in" a Castlevania reference when he used the word "Belmon" as the word for chain in the High Valyrian language. 

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/25/4264604/game-of-thrones-fictional-language-hides-reference-to-castlevania

I've never seen the show, but have to admit that I'm a little curious to watch it sometimes now that I know it has a Castlevania reference in it. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:37:51 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: "Game of Thrones" word for chain is "Belmon"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
+1
Wow. That is something new. I never watched the show so i didn't know.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »
Saw that on Cox's Twitter, nice reference.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
So I take it this is exclusive to the show and not in the Song of Ice and Fire fantasy novel series it's based on? *clicks on link* Ahh I see it is. Still neat.

Never watched the show since I don't have cable and never read the books since together they make The Lord of the Rings look like a pamphlet, kind of an annoying trend in post-1960s fantasy books I find, since most seem to figure gratuitous padding is what the fantasy audience wants. But I did get a good chuckle out of this when it came out.

Game of Thrones - 1995 Style

Though I imagine most fans of the show have already seen it, the VHS effects are impressively done.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:12:43 AM by Ratty »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 10:32:34 AM »
+1
incest, dwarfs getting blowjobs while drinking some alcohol and that's just the tip of the ice berg :P ( I never thought stuff like this was allowed on tv, but then again HBO)

That not the only thing cv related.
I've said it before but, Robb stark is Alucard (Richard madden)

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »
incest, dwarfs getting blowjobs while drinking some alcohol and that's just the tip of the ice berg :P ( I never thought stuff like this was allowed on tv, but then again HBO)

That not the only thing cv related.
I've said it before but, Robb stark is Alucard (Richard madden)

Cool, sounds like a pretty entertaining series. (And how could you have a dark story about royalty and not have incest? That's one of the reasons the concept of royalty is generally a bad idea in the first place.) Dunno that my attention span would be up for it though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:38:19 AM by Ratty »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »
Game of Thrones is an awesome, epic series. I've watched every episode & it's fucking crazy what they do. The costume designs are fantastic, acting is superb, and I believe it has the largest cast currently on TV. The kid Batman briefly meets in Batman Begins plays the young King Joffrey Baratheon of the Seven Kingdoms, and he's a total maniac. Daenerys has 3 dragons at her disposal (dragons have thought to be extinct for centuries), and she's raising an army to conquer the Seven Kingdoms (and no one else in the world has no idea, since she's on a separate continent planning her conquest). Tyrion Lannister is my favorite character; he's a dwarf but everyone mockingly refers to him as "imp," or "half-man" (Peter Dinklage, the actor that plays him, is also cast in an unknown role in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. Speculation states he plays the creator of the Sentinels that hunt down & exterminate Mutants). His sister is Sersei, Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms and mother to Joffrey. She bore Joffrey via incest with her brother, Jaime Lannister, the "King Slayer" who famously killed the prior king of the Seven Kingdoms. This king was known as the "Mad King," since he was literally insane. Their incestuous relationship is a highly-guarded secret, and Joffrey has no idea since his "real" father and former king after the Mad King died while hunting boars. Joffrey's other uncle, Stannis Baratheon, the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, recently staged a coup to overthrow him and is at war with them, but Joffrey's grandfather Tywin Lannister (father of Sersei, Jaime, and Tyrion) intervened & stopped Stannis' invasion. This is all just the tip of the iceberg; giants, dragons, zombies, sorcerors, betrayal, sex, beheadings, torture, comedy, etc.

Joffrey Baratheon - Your fingers or your tongue

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
+1
Cool, sounds like a pretty entertaining series. (And how could you have a dark story about royalty and not have incest? That's one of the reasons the concept of royalty is generally a bad idea in the first place.) Dunno that my attention span would be up for it though.
I know right  :P  ;D

I just did not expect it and some other  things in such a manner or degree. This is something I cannot watch on my ps3 when my niece comes over in fact I think I had it on at one point when she came into the house, the thing is It can get really naughty and I'm like oh crap quit it right then and there  :-[

MY favorite characters are Ayra ( I hope that she becomes an awesome swordswomen),Robb(king of the north right here and those two dogs damn.....), Jon(john?) snow something tells me he is going to be the hero or one of them in the show when the one of the big "problems" hits, Tyrion (this guy is just bomb what he lacks in height, he makes it up in everything else,)heck even Sam has his moments coward but still has his moments  :) .

If you cannot get HBO get the dvds or Blu-ray yay ps3  ;D you will not regret it  :)

PS I'm without a doubt a Stark fan but scenes like this make me like the others just as much

Tyrion's Confessions
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:16:17 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
Yeah the show is pretty good. If you can stand to see some boobies you should be good to watch it. I didn't know about the Belmon thing though. That's fun.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 10:37:47 PM »
That's cool! Makes me like GoT a lil more now :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 11:41:56 PM »
HODOR

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »
That said, I wonder why he called it a shoutout to CV2 specifically...seemed like it would be proper for almost any game involving good ol' Simon :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 01:43:56 AM »
maybe that's the only Castlevania game he played?

Tags:

anything