Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045336 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1800 on: June 08, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »
That part when he talked about hating precision jumping bugged me.
He's still got the same attitude of making platformer games without any platforming challenge. I just can't get on board with the cakewalk level designs.

He said that he hate super precision jumping, like when they are exaggerated, not all of them.

Expect a delay. No kickstater game was released in time at all.

There is always a first time, who knows? After all, this will be the game that will set a new record on Kickstarter if it continues growing. Mighty No. 9 got  $4.03 million in funding ($3.85 million from Kickstarter, $186,380 from Paypal) behind only two other single-game projects: inXile's Torment: Tides of Numenera ($4.43 million) and Obsidian's Project Eternity ($4.16 million).

Sources:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-10-02-mighty-no-9-kickstarter-tops-USD4-million
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/1/4792444/mighty-no-9-fundraising-successfully-draws-to-a-close

I think that it will atleast take Mighty No. 9 3rd place :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1801 on: June 08, 2015, 10:50:23 PM »
UPDATE 9: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1256684

And orechestraded tracks reached;)  Now 4,000 000 Onilnie challenge mode next I really hope we unlock 3 playbare character but;(..... can be Alucard........

Anyway what is final strench gola? Anyone?..

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1802 on: June 08, 2015, 11:33:14 PM »
+3
Super Metriod is proof that precision jumps and difficult platforming works in exploration games. I like have my timing and reflexes pushed as well as memory and exploration.

It would have been nice to have a CV marry those two styles. It could please more fans across the board.

I was hoping for something like that with Bloodstained. That's all I'm saying. I'm still beyond excited for it.

It's all good though. I have a good feeling that something like will come along anyways.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1803 on: June 08, 2015, 11:50:30 PM »
Damn you, IGA, 'cause I HAVE to pledge now that I've seen that prototype. Alright, time to see if I can afford that...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1804 on: June 08, 2015, 11:55:29 PM »
+1
I had suggested before they should let Amano do work for CV. It's awesome to see that (sort of) happening.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:40:40 AM by Nagumo »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1805 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:00 AM »
Super Metriod is proof that precision jumps and difficult platforming works in exploration games. I like have my timing and reflexes pushed as well as memory and exploration.

Diddo. It can work and has worked very well. Not too sure why IGA is worked up about it. Maybe he should give Super Metroid a try and see if precision jumping would work out for Bloodstained.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1806 on: June 09, 2015, 12:43:20 AM »
I finally pledged! 60 dollarz.
Anyone else pledging in the final days? I hope there are still some money coming. But if every hardcore fan has already pledged I guess we're not gonna reach much further in this kickstarter. I'd love to at least see what the 5 million stretch goal is.

EDIT #1: Circle of the Moon had some semi-challenging platforming which worked pretty well IMO.

EDIT #2: I'm glad IGA wants Miriam to do a little jog. The walking animation looked a bit off in that video. Jogging gives a sense of urgency to the adventure, so I hope she'll look more like Alucard and less like Nathan Graves (although he had running too).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:46:29 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1807 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:31 AM »
Diddo. It can work and has worked very well. Not too sure why IGA is worked up about it. Maybe he should give Super Metroid a try and see if precision jumping would work out for Bloodstained.

People seem to be misunderstanding things, as I said before, he said in the video that he dislikes jumps that need a super precision, not jumps that needs precision. I think that he meant jumps that are almost pixel perfect, like Jorge said some posts ago.

I finally pledged! 60 dollarz.
Anyone else pledging in the final days? I hope there are still some money coming. But if every hardcore fan has already pledged I guess we're not gonna reach much further in this kickstarter. I'd love to at least see what the 5 million stretch goal is.

I ain't pledged yet. Im planning to pledge $60 or $65, but if something goes wrong I already have $28 reserved for IGA.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1808 on: June 09, 2015, 01:36:59 AM »
I think in these final days, they would hope to lure in more casual people to pledge and I'm sure there are still some hardcore fans outside the US who are currently pooling their money to pledge on the final day.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1809 on: June 09, 2015, 01:48:13 AM »
As far as precision platforming, generally with classicvanias I think it has usually been the enemies (including medusa heads of course) and their placement that make the jumps more difficult rather than the jumps being hard in and of themselves--with a few exceptions where very precise jumps are needed in each game that I do remember. I generally only rarely remember having problems with a jump in CVs where there were no enemies to hassle me. Also other cases like the collapsing bridges exist where the jumps aren't too bad by themselves but you're pressed to do them quickly, or some cases like in SCV4 and a few others where there are some obstacles like spiked blocks dropping over the platforms in a rhythmic manner which can make simple jumps require a bit more forethought and timing.

Still I would never really have expected too much in the way of really difficult jumps in this game outside of maybe the classic mode simply because we all know generally what to expect from the type of jumps SotN, the GBA and the DS games had. There might be a few areas where the jumps are exacerbated by spikes and enemies like the clock towers but they're definitely not huge precision platformers.

More than that I just hope they reduce the copypasted corridors compared to the DS games and make the backgrounds and levels more organic and varied
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:56:29 AM by Charlotte-nyo:3 »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1810 on: June 09, 2015, 04:01:41 AM »
+1
I was finally able today to pledge 150$!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1811 on: June 09, 2015, 06:02:33 AM »
I get what he means. It's evident in all of his past games though.

It's not even a matter of difficult jumps, it's a lack of death causing traps in levels in general. Some of you are saying that most classicvanias don't have difficult jumps, but the games are riddled with death pits and spike traps alike. Even when the jumps are easy, a misstep had dire consequences if not instant death. I like being kept on my toes with danger all around. And I think it makes sense in an evil castle. When Iga said he "hates that kind of stuff" that's what I think he meant because there just aren't moments like that in his games.

Actually that's something you don't see as often in 2.5D anyways.

But that's what classicvanias are about man! It's interesting he was a fan of the game in the first place if he doesn't care for that sort of thing. Just sayin.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1812 on: June 09, 2015, 06:49:48 AM »
Seems like the income has slowed... it makes the 4.25+ goals seem much farther off.  :-/

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1813 on: June 09, 2015, 06:56:30 AM »
Seems like the income has slowed... it makes the 4.25+ goals seem much farther off.  :-/

Why do people always say Income has slowed when it has not? We have like 56,000 already for today and it's 9:55 am. We usually get 50,000 by 5pm or 4pm...that has a huge start.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1814 on: June 09, 2015, 07:21:43 AM »
+1
This game looks shit. Where's my Lords of Shadow 3?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags:

anything